Reply: 30 - 128
Poojah
April 10, 2021, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,885
Gold Stars: 1,527
Ding dong. I haven’t commented too much on this takeover, partly through fear it would never happen, but this is very exciting and much needed. A seminal moment in this football club I believe, and our energies should now focus on on the future rather than the past - that cannot be changed.

I know very little about Andrew Pettit, and I don’t know Jason Stockwood personally. However, due to the nature of my line of work I have on occasion encountered Simply Business, of which Jason Stockwood has been CEO for a number of years.

I can honestly say without bias that whenever Simply Business has cropped up, it has stood out like a shining beacon of success. I say this genuinely, as it occurred to me long before I became aware that the CEO was a Town fan, let alone one who might one day run the club, but every data point and piece of anecdotal evidence points to it being an absolutely brilliantly run business.

The insurance market has been turned on it’s head over the course of the last couple of decades by aggregators, Money Supermarket, Go Compare and that Russian meerkat fella. This is true of pretty much every insurance category going, with the single exception of business insurance. That’s where Simply Business dominates, and I know very well that this is no fluke.

Honestly, I am pleased the previous administration is going, but that’s only meaningful if the new ownership is better than what went before. Not every takeover is a success - there are as many horror stories as there are success stories. I couldn’t be more confident however that this new dawn will lead to an era of phenomenal success for this weary but brilliant old club. It may be bumpy at the beginning - we may well get relegated, but it will come.

Andrew, Jason - welcome. The future is bright, it’s black and white.

UTM x

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 128
Limerick Mariner
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,746
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Not so.
The published accounts of public and private limited companies are available to download from the Companies House website, along with all sorts of other documentation.

There used to be a charge for this, but more recently under the Beta version of the facility, they can be accessed for free.

There are many benefits of switching their incorporation from public to private, especially in terms of protecting their stakes in future investment and regeneration.

Also, and as I alluded to some weeks ago, I was interested at that time to know whether the consortium were buying the shares personally, or if they were going to use a holding company to buy the shares, a holding company in which they own the shares. The statement confirms that it’s the latter, whereby we will become owned in majority by a business called 1878 Partners Limited. This offers them a tax efficient way of for both incoming investment[b][/b], and the extraction of funds by what would currently be dividends to all shareholders, by way of management charges instead, payable from or to 1878 Partners Limited. Clever and sensible way forward for them, and very normal.

So in summary, a decent start to the day for Mariners fans. But let’s hope the day finishes well too hey, with 3 points in the game v Bradford City

#UTM

Incoming investment from. say Mr Shutes for example?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 128
Fillipe Noche
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from moosey_club
Very promising.
Not popping any corks until the deal is done though.

Not fully conversant with boards, company set ups etc but why does JF have to resign ? If he has got rid of all his interest wouldnt that mean he isnt involved automatically ?
I hope this doesnt mean he has been able to retain some share still.

No not at all.

You do not have to own shares in a company in order to be a director of a company.

My very first board appointment was without shares, and I’ve held several executive board appointments over the years without owning any element of equity stake in those businesses
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 128
aldi_01
April 10, 2021, 9:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

My view has always been that Shutes walking at this stage was tactic. He was never the money man, a facilitator or negotiator perhaps but he never appeared as a money man.

I can see him slipping back in to the club before Christmas...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 128
Fillipe Noche
April 10, 2021, 9:26am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

No

He’s a thing of the past that never happened and never will.

As much as a Larry Let Down as what Ian Holloway was. Good riddance to all time wasters I say
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 128
Fillipe Noche
April 10, 2021, 9:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

My view has always been that Shutes walking at this stage was tactic. He was never the money man, a facilitator or negotiator perhaps but he never appeared as a money man.

I can see him slipping back in to the club before Christmas...

To suggest this is already a suggestion that our new owners are performing underhand tricks already.

There would have been no need to play silly cloak n dagger games like this that weren’t transparent

Shutes has gone, and I have a feeling we’ve had a lucky escape there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 128
Hagrid
April 10, 2021, 9:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,521
Gold Stars: 544
"The new GTFC directors have stated that the governance of the club will be transparent and open"

I wonder if that will include how much we buy or sell players for, unlike the current poker players we have, keeping their cards close to their chest.

I would love to know how much we wasted spent on getting LJL back here.

Yeah our top scoring striker..... shutup man
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 128
Fillipe Noche
April 10, 2021, 9:36am
Table Wine Drinker

I wonder if that will include how much we buy or sell players for, unlike the current poker players we have, keeping their cards close to their chest.

I would love to know how much we wasted spent on getting LJL back here.

Why oh why do people persist in bashing John with so much ridiculous rubbish that has no substance

It’s not unusual for player fees to remain undisclosed following transfers. This is often and a mostly a contractual condition set by the agent or selling club, for several understandable reasons.

So John and GTFC have no option in those cases, but to retain that information privately. That is not about to change under new ownership

Why don’t you give it a rest hey with all of the unfounded John bashing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 128
dapperz fun pub
April 10, 2021, 9:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,062
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

No not at all.

You do not have to own shares in a company in order to be a director of a company.

My very first board appointment was without shares, and I’ve held several executive board appointments over the years without owning any element of equity stake in those businesses

So you’ve always been a hanger on a type 😋
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A Message For Shareholders Of GTFC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.