13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
April 10, 2021, 7:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
The Trust have said their board have voted for it so I don't think the members get to vote on this. I also wonder what role they have to play going forward.

Most fans buying shares aren't doing so with the intention of getting it back unless they buy a significant number.

The Trust have 13%, Fenty has 41% and Parker has 21%. If those 3 shareholders vote for it then it doesn't matter how anyone else votes.

Parker has already given away half of his shareholding and was he ever wanting paying back for his investment? I would have thought Parker has been consulted before the statement this morning because his vote is a very important one for the future of our club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 128
moosey_club
April 10, 2021, 8:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,315
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from pen penfras

I guess we don't know the answer to that, but if this was what they needed to get it over the line after terms were already agreed, then it could cause a problem. But I can't see the trust vote being a problem since the fans want it to go through. Even if Parker isn't involved, he'd essentially be sabotaging the club as well as Fenty and would probably make him less popular than Fenty if he caused the deal to fall through.

Well that is never going to happen.  

Even if Parker sabotaged the deal i am not sure anyone would really hold it against him given how he was basically shafted by JF in the first instance and then had to witness Fenty shaft the Trust to basically pocket 200k of his money. If Parker wanted to somehow get his cold revenge by preventing JF walking away with a pocket of cash ( part of which was his ) then it could be perfect for him to serve it up now.

He could think ...Sorry JF , you keep control of the club , you take it down , you struggle to recover your money and be forced to either go admin and lose most of it or stump up more trying to protect your "investment", that is diminishing in value week on week.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 128
Davec
April 10, 2021, 8:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from jamesgtfc
The Trust have said their board have voted for it so I don't think the members get to vote on this. I also wonder what role they have to play going forward.

Most fans buying shares aren't doing so with the intention of getting it back unless they buy a significant number.

The Trust have 13%, Fenty has 41% and Parker has 21%. If those 3 shareholders vote for it then it doesn't matter how anyone else votes.

Parker has already given away half of his shareholding and was he ever wanting paying back for his investment? I would have thought Parker has been consulted before the statement this morning because his vote is a very important one for the future of our club.

I just hope the shareholders know exactly what they are voting for and they do not vote wrongly by accident
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 128
ska face
April 10, 2021, 8:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The board have voted for the change from PLC to Private Company and the resulting change and updating of the Articles of Association. The members will decide whether to sell all, some or none of the £300k+ shareholding.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 128
1mickylyons
April 10, 2021, 9:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from moosey_club

Well that is never going to happen.  

Even if Parker sabotaged the deal i am not sure anyone would really hold it against him given how he was basically shafted by JF in the first instance and then had to witness Fenty shaft the Trust to basically pocket 200k of his money. If Parker wanted to somehow get his cold revenge by preventing JF walking away with a pocket of cash ( part of which was his ) then it could be perfect for him to serve it up now.

He could think ...Sorry JF , you keep control of the club , you take it down , you struggle to recover your money and be forced to either go admin and lose most of it or stump up more trying to protect your "investment", that is diminishing in value week on week.

I don`t know MP well but have met him and he WAS 100% GTFC prior to Fenty doing a hatchet job . I honestly think he will want to support the 1878 lot even if not wanting to get involved with the consortium directly himself. I hope MP gets involved because I know he shares a lot of the values and sentiments of the incoming but maybe once bitten twice shy?
The decision to hang on to the 200k of shares from Fenty is nothing short of disgraceful and to me sums up perfectly how I see his character he is NOT and NEVER has been in this for the benefit of GTFC only himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 128
RonMariner
April 10, 2021, 10:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,860
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The decision to hang on to the 200k of shares from Fenty is nothing short of disgraceful and to me sums up perfectly how I see his character he is NOT and NEVER has been in this for the benefit of GTFC only himself.

I think the Trust share issue, together with the Alex May situation, are gigantic errors of judgement. Most of us have long held views about his competence to run a football club, the results speak for themselves. But these two issues speak to his integrity.

His legacy will be permanently tarnished by them. But it is not too late for him to donate the shares back to the trust. He clearly does not need the money and the gesture might give at least partial redemption.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 128
DB
April 10, 2021, 10:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from RonMariner

I think the Trust share issue, together with the Alex May situation, are gigantic errors of judgement. Most of us have long held views about his competence to run a football club, the results speak for themselves. But these two issues speak to his integrity.

His legacy will be permanently tarnished by them. But it is not too late for him to donate the shares back to the trust. He clearly does not need the money and the gesture might give at least partial redemption.  

The time for him to return the shares has come and gone, and as for redemption, it's not in his vocabulary. His latest message was all about poor old john and his ego needing a boost from his hardship times at Fenty towers.

If and I mean If he wanted any sort of redemption he could when he first announced he wanted out, have said I'll leave my loans in place until the club can afford to repay them, or words to that effect. But no he was and is all about getting his last 1p out of the club.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 128
KingstonMariner
April 10, 2021, 11:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Yeah, there is not one shred of justification for hanging onto those shares.

The reason he (supposedly) wanted them was because he didn’t want to be outvoted, and have control of the club “outside the boardroom“. Well he got that. That has come to an end now, so no need to hang onto them.

Come in John. Don’t be a cunf. Do the decent thing. Hand them back. Think how do you want to be remembered.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 128
DB
April 10, 2021, 11:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Yeah, there is not one shred of justification for hanging onto those shares.

The reason he (supposedly) wanted them was because he didn’t want to be outvoted, and have control of the club “outside the boardroom“. Well he got that. That has come to an end now, so no need to hang onto them.

Come in John. Don’t be a cunf. Do the decent thing. Hand them back. Think how do you want to be remembered.

I DID IT MY WAY
regrets I've had a few, but mostly
I DID IT MY WAY

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 128
rancido
April 10, 2021, 11:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from cannylad68
Will John Fenty be kept on to wash the kit or clean the toilets?

I have nightmares that he will be kept on in some capacity.

He will be responsible for checking and replacing the light bulbs.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A Message For Shareholders Of GTFC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.