5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
April 2, 2021, 8:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
it wasn’t as bad as the Everton v Wimbledon game where Everton needed a win to stay up they was 2 nil down at half time.
And won 3 - 2 hans seagers dived over the ball and the penalty omg i think it was anders limpar.

And latterly Fashanu and co got done for taking bribes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
Yoda
April 2, 2021, 8:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
If you want to read a good book Tom Bower the broken game that tells you all you need to know about football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
LH
April 2, 2021, 8:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Stadium

Do you genuinely believe the officials were "cheating" & if so what would be their motive?
I'm edging my bets to say that they were just not very good.
Maybe finishing chances & game management would have delivered three points??

We put one in the net and had a one-on-one pulled back for a free kick... to us! Very, very questionable refereeing today.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
Stadium
April 2, 2021, 8:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from LH

We put one in the net and had a one-on-one pulled back for a free kick... to us! Very, very questionable refereeing today.

Correct & also missed some guilt edged chances.
Failed to see out the game once again in the final minutes.
Not disputing the officials performance btw.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
Withnail
April 2, 2021, 8:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from LH

Agreed. Very, very curious decisions...

Let's not forget that it wasn't too long ago that both Juve and Milan were relegated after they were found guilty of giving refs backhanders to ensure they got last min penalties etc so a draw was translated into 3 points.

However...Two decisions the ref made today show he wasn't trying to ensure Salford win at all costs - their penalty appeal he waved on and deciding not to send Payne off.

That said, we had a good shout for a penalty which he wasn't interested in either.

We also had a goal chalked off;

An almost certain goal scoring opportunity pulled back for a free kick to us on the half way line. This was the most extraordinary refereeing decision I've ever witnessed (unless the whistle had already gone?);

He waved play on when Coke went down with a head injury, from which he was bleeding profusely;

He didn't book their player who committed the head injury to Coke (debatable admittedly as he stuck his head in);

He didn't award us a corner when their keeper took the ball a foot over the byeline;

He constantly penalised Matete when he was on the receiving end of fouls...etc...etc...

Like I say...very curious.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
LH
April 2, 2021, 8:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
There was no penalty appeal for them. That should have been a free kick against and a yellow card for the player for simulation. I agree that Payne should have walked for that sarcastic clap. He had to make it believeable that he wasn’t bent though. I can’t excuse LJL’s sitter this week but the free kick incident and disallowed goal should have seen us home and hosed well before that. Not impressed by them at all today.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
kamakazebear
April 2, 2021, 8:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +482
Quoted from GrimExile
I also was amazed by the ref’s awful decision making today. In fact I’d go as far as to say that it was as bad as I’ve ever seen. However, I don’t think he was consciously biased I just think he was totally incompetent. If he had had a good game then I don’t think anyone would have complained if he’d sent off Payne for sarcastically applauding him. I just feel he was totally and utterly out of his depth.

Agreed. He could have very easily given a penalty just after the Payne incident too.

The decision making got me too, he refused to stop the game when Payne was on the floor with an obvious head injury, covered in blood because Salford were attacking but then did stop the game with Clifton through on goal because two other players had a bit of grief after a challenge and then awarded us the freekick?!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
Fillipe Noche
April 2, 2021, 9:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Priceless

Gawd knows what he taught them on this FA referees course

https://twitter.com/newarkrefs/status/968229330106179584?s=21
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
IlkleyMariner
April 2, 2021, 9:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Stadium

Do you genuinely believe the officials were "cheating" & if so what would be their motive?
I'm edging my bets to say that they were just not very good.
Maybe finishing chances & game management would have delivered three points??

Think brown envelopes come to mind
Wouldn’t be the first time ever!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
Withnail
April 2, 2021, 9:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
I'd be interested to read feedback on the performance of today's ref from fans who have experience of refereeing - I don't have any, admittedly.

Were his decisions as bad and as bizarre as the majority on here all think?

I'd be very surprised if the answer is "no".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Declan Bourne today’s ref

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.