Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 267 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 8,940 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
March 27, 2021, 5:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
2 dropped. Not 1 gained

Barrow and Colchester both dropping points and a good win for Southend. We were poor today no doubt, players looked lethargic and our passing was awful.
I dont blame hurst 4-3-3 sticking with the same team but it didnt work today, Payne just doesnt look bothered, i’d rather go with Williams or Lamy out there, Hanson won near enough everything today but theres was never anyone getting on his flick ons.
Lenny was lenny and fell over the ball when we had a chance.
Hendrie turned in as bad a performance as i can remember from him.
Yes its still do-able but i felt today had to be 3 points, especially with our run-in which is horrendous.
Logged Online
Private Message
It Bites
March 27, 2021, 5:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,217
Gold Stars: 266
100% effort . The team are playing for Hurst which is good but that's it really . I thought LJL was superb today feeding of scraps . The balls into the box were poor most the game . The passing of the ball was poor most the game . I'm not going to criticize any of the players directly because they are doing their best out there but sadly it's not going to be enough 😥
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 51
forza ivano
March 27, 2021, 5:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Thank goodness we scored that early goal. Just weren't at the races today - looks like that Saturday/midweek run of games caught up with us today and Matete's injury certainly didn't help. We seemed to be on the back foot and second best to everything. It was like we'd gone back 2 months with all the misplaced ,under hit passes and the plethora of silly free kicks.
Luckily Walsall weren't great and defensively we are a much more solid unit so there weren't too many really scary moments.
Given that we got away with one today (by playing so badly and still getting a point without too many scares) there are still positives - we made up ground on Barrow and Col U and the unbeaten run continues.Defensively we were still strong and thought Spokes and Williams both improved our midfield. Need to put those 2 alongside Coke and or Rose, if Matete is injured, coz Coke and Rose together isn't going to win us games. having said that sounds like haat decision may be forced upon PH as did JT say that Coke was struggling with a hip injury?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 51
fishcake63
March 27, 2021, 5:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Not going to mention names individually just thought we was poor all over the pitch today losing matete early into game certainly didn't help , wallsall well worth a point because we was never comfortable against their front players , not over yet but just don't see many points in next two games salford/cheltenham & that could take us back to sq1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 51
Zmariner
March 27, 2021, 5:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
I am a Hurst fan and stick with him. This team lack guile and the only bits we may have were on the bench in Williams and Lammy. Thought Payne was better today , in fact all of the forwards worked hard but they are too similar and we need more pace. We never get behind teams and lumping it from halfway and hoping for a break is our way of creating a chance.
Consequently we create little in most games. It is "football by numbers", we are methodical and work hard but have no "X" factor. I think Hurst will sort this in close season but for this season our race is run.
Matete was a bad loss for us and the usually reliable Hendrie had a bit of a mare.
Back in the NL Hurst will have time to bring in more creative players, defensively we are OK just the team has no pace and flair. very easy to defend against.
Personally, I wish the season would end, get the new owners in and some quality signings. This season is painful and if we had 20 games I would fancy us to stay up
utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 51
Mariner93er
March 27, 2021, 5:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Going 433 with Hanson, LJL and Payne was a bad decision today. It served a purpose away at Barrow, but at home to poor opposition, it was never going to lead to many chances as all 3 strikers are too similar (I say that, I still have no idea what type of striker Payne is?) Nothing wrong with 433, but need pace and creativity out wide from at least one of the forwards.

When the issue was finally address is was passed 70 minutes which gives them little time to make an impact.

It's not all over yet, but with the run of fixtures we have coming up, the mountain is quickly becoming insurmountable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 51
IlkleyMariner
March 27, 2021, 6:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Mariner93er
Going 433 with Hanson, LJL and Payne was a bad decision today. It served a purpose away at Barrow, but at home to poor opposition, it was never going to lead to many chances as all 3 strikers are too similar (I say that, I still have no idea what type of striker Payne is?) Nothing wrong with 433, but need pace and creativity out wide from at least one of the forwards.

When the issue was finally address is was passed 70 minutes which gives them little time to make an impact.

It's not all over yet, but with the run of fixtures we have coming up, the mountain is quickly becoming insurmountable.

Mountain becoming harder. Unexpected wins v Salford and Cheltenham, both nervous about promotion will put an entirely new outlook with 7 to go.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 51
moosey_club
March 27, 2021, 6:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,318
Gold Stars: 229
Payne and LJL were Hursts answer to our obvious lack of goals....unfortunately as today showed again.....even with 3 strikers on the pitch we hardly mustered a shot on goal.
Service ranges from absolutely awful to non existent in reality , put a world class finisher in that team and we would still struggle due to lack of opportunity. Problem is , outside of Morais there isnt a player who can whip in a ball with any consistency and there are still players who are no where near fit enough to play 90 mins consistently.

When you can restrict the opposition as much as we have lately but still dont really look like winning a game, or working the keeper then you can see why we are still adrift.

BT Sport for me now, do a bit of homework on Maidenhead and Altrincham

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 51
Grimal
March 27, 2021, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
My MOM again Menayese,another good performance from him, he seems to be growing in confidence with every game. Sorry Payne old fella but think it's time to hang your boot's up,doesn't look a bit interested,obvious that his heart's not in it anymore. Can't fault most of the team for effort but it's the lack of skill that's missing. Why is it that every time a free kick into our box looks dangerous and when we have one you just know it's going to fizzle out to nothing.Let's hope for a good result against Salford.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 51
pontoonlew
March 27, 2021, 6:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
I’ve not seen a team have their confidence knocked by scoring quite like ours. Far too often we score and look utterly clueless. Bizarrely their goal settled our nerves but we didn’t have enough after it.

Whilst we won on Tuesday, Payne, Hanson & LJL didn’t work then and it certainly didn’t work today. Needs to change ASAP.

Other results mean we’re JUST in it but yet again a draw is no good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 51
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.