Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Replacement?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 232 Guests

Replacement?

This thread currently has 5,503 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Davec
March 19, 2021, 4:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I don't often agree with DB's posts but also I don't have a problem with him. He just states his opinion and if we agree or not we are all still entitled to have them, and posting opinions is what the forum is for otherwise we might aswell close all forums related to any subject.

Also I don't think there is anything wrong with OP, I think asking whether we need a replacement or not is  disrespectful and I think it is a legitimate post, god forbid a key player gets a career ending injury mid season or something horrendous happens then does that mean we should not replace this key player? I don't think signing or talking about potential replacements is disrespectful at all as sometimes replacements are needed when somebody's season is ended in some way or the other.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
Rick12
March 19, 2021, 4:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Davec
I don't often agree with DB's posts but also I don't have a problem with him. He just states his opinion and if we agree or not we are all still entitled to have them, and posting opinions is what the forum is for otherwise we might aswell close all forums related to any subject.

Yes nice sentiments Dave  .Noone has all the answers anyway.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
ex-merseymariner
March 19, 2021, 4:37pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,403
Gold Stars: 9

Its the volume of posts - often without thinking.

It clearly winds people up - look at his approval rating - or the number of people that have stated recently they are ignoring him.  Its a shame, we are all Town fans, but one person shouldn't fill the forum like this.

And if you mention it to him, he gets aggressive.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
Sandford1981
March 19, 2021, 5:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

It clearly winds people up - look at his approval rating - or the number of people that have stated recently they are ignoring him.  Its a shame, we are all Town fans, but one person shouldn't fill the forum like this.

If it winds people up that badly, rather than whinge about it. Block him, It’s that simple. Problem solved!

I don’t agree with DB on a lot of things but I’ve never once found him to be aggressive and enjoy discussions with him.

Think we have to be careful not to single someone out and then encourage a ‘pile on’.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
DB
March 19, 2021, 5:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

I am not aggressive. What is aggressive is the manner you keep going on  and on. If you don't like me fine I can live with that, so stop having a pop. It goes something like this "DB I don't like you" so cut and paste.

To put things into perspective on the last 2 pages of threads they were started by, and I don't have problem with anybody starting a thread, merely pointing out :-

Fillipe Noche  6

3 each from
WayneBurnettsJockstrap  
The Old Codger                
It Bites                              
DB

and 2 from 4 others.  

I don't think over 2 pages, about nearly 40 in number, of threads that I am taking over anything.

You have also clearly ignored the 5,900 other members of The Fishy in your latest rant. I am of a very strong opinion that you do not speak for all 5,900 members. You are clearly trying to make this a personal issue against me typing untruth's and ignoring truths.

This is forum and freedom of expression and speech should not be muzzled by you or your ilk.

So as I said post the "I don't like you" and be off with you.                                

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
KingstonMariner
March 19, 2021, 6:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I’ve not noticed DB being aggressive to anyone.

Might be a frequent poster since joining the other month. But hey, we’ve all gotta have a hobby 😁

I’ve said it before to him, that he got off on the wrong foot with his first post. And I think that coloured some people’s opinions of him, especially as it was around the time of the Great Runaway and Phil Space’s wind-ups.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
louth_in_the_south
March 19, 2021, 7:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,714
Gold Stars: 96
DB is obviously a passionate fan of GTFC. No problem with that . You keep venting mate .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Replacement?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.