Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Tinymariner
Stick with PH.

Any particular reason?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 30
Zmariner
March 18, 2021, 1:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from W.T.F
Culverhouse all the way for me - any manager that can get away with playing  playing 13 players in a 4 - 2 - 5 - 1 formation is worth their weight in gold 😁

I agree with this and to add to it I think I would go for a formation of fullbacks and wingbacks. This has the advantage of defensive strength and more potency going forward. Sorry… Just need some fun somewhere at the moment. On another subject I have another good idea to save the club some money next season. I picked up my old season-ticket that said ‘we are back’ Now if the printers still have the template we could use this next season utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
malkamalka
March 18, 2021, 2:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from DB

Just shows how bloody poor we've been. Pay the man off who has provided us with a team that scored 6 goals in 13 games. 0.46 goals per game.

Because the question was asked on another thread. It's called right to reply, freedom of speech, democratic country.

Oh, I always thought you lived in England DB

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
Mallyner
March 18, 2021, 2:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from W.T.F
Culverhouse all the way for me - any manager that can get away with playing  playing 13 players in a 4 - 2 - 5 - 1 formation is worth their weight in gold 😁

You have put my mind at ease, it was baffling me how most of the teams we have lost to, seem to have had more players on the pitch than us.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
golfer
March 18, 2021, 2:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Hurst is our manager and there are reasons beyond his control why we are in the position we are so as far as I am concerned we shouldn't be even discussing getting rid of him. We have had some shite a sight worse than him in recent years. I would give him a full year to see what he can do and if the takeover materialises there might be a bit more cash to play with. At the moment the manager needs our support so let's give him it and hope the tide turns.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
arryarryarry
March 18, 2021, 2:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from pizzzza

What about a manager with experience of actually getting promoted from the NL? Do we know anyone?

I know of one manager who had never achieved promotion from the National League/Conference :-

Alan Buckley.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
jimgtfc
March 18, 2021, 2:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,104
Gold Stars: 46
Paul is staying, it’s as simple as that. Some won’t like that, my guess though would be that the vast majority of fans would be more than happy it. Has he got it right this time? Well no, obviously not but I certainly wouldn’t place much blame at his doorstep. He had a month to scramble an attempt at patching a squad together to get us out of this mess, it hasn’t worked, but we know what we’ll be getting with him and some longevity and stability coupled with a takeover and fresh approach is exactly what we need from the summer onwards. He knows this club, he knows the people, he knows what it takes. Experience and knowledge of the national league and the divisions above and below it, history of promotion from it too. He’s exactly the type of manager we’d be after anyway, so why not go with him? Let him plan ahead now, give him a full summer, a preseason (remember what that is?), and I’m sure he’ll be the best option to us.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 18, 2021, 2:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190
When do you back to school?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
DB
March 18, 2021, 2:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Mallyner

You have put my mind at ease, it was baffling me how most of the teams we have lost to, seem to have had more players on the pitch than us.  

Mally it's all my fault. I pressed the wrong key when made the original post and other have just linked from it. Please accept my apologies as I had not intended to mislead and others should not be 'got at' for my error.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
Fillipe Noche
March 18, 2021, 2:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Why on Gods earth has DB started a New Manager thread, when there is already one called Next Manager - None League

Has DB lost the plot today? I sensed he had when in another thread he alluded to the need to compare LJL to strikers in the Premier League

Priceless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.