8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
March 17, 2021, 7:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
So if it isn’t Paul Hurst in charge in the National League (I reckon it will be), then who would you choose as the new manager as we start in none league football once again.

Be realistic though. Come up with someone that would realistically accept a job at National League
level.

Pick someone that isn’t Paul Hurst
Logged Offline
Private Message
pontoonlew
March 17, 2021, 7:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Given our fans defeatist attitude of ‘nobody will come here’, the likely answer is let’s keep the miserable failure that is Paul Hurst and let the good times roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 72
DB
March 17, 2021, 8:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from pontoonlew
Given our fans defeatist attitude of ‘nobody will come here’, the likely answer is let’s keep the miserable failure that is Paul Hurst and let the good times roll

Sorry to disagree but we don't have a defeatist attitude. We have a positive optimistic attitude which has been consistently let down over the years by extremely poor ownership and on the field management and as a whole poor quality players.

The problem is we know a good team and quality are from the past and how bad todays sh!t is. We don't like it, won't accept and like all reasonable supports complain.

I do agree with you about Paul Hurst who is a miserable failure. While some may like him, his stats say 1 win since he started in January some 12 games, so he has to go. It's a results business and he has not produced any.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 72
pontoonlew
March 17, 2021, 8:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from DB

Sorry to disagree but we don't have a defeatist attitude. We have a positive optimistic attitude which has been consistently let down over the years by extremely poor ownership and on the field management and as a whole poor quality players.

The problem is we know a good team and quality are from the past and how bad todays sh!t is. We don't like it, won't accept and like all reasonable supports complain.

I do agree with you about Paul Hurst who is a miserable failure. While some may like him, his stats say 1 win since he started in January some 12 games, so he has to go. It's a results business and he has not produced any.

I'm more meaning towards the thought of a new manager, the default GTFC response to having a new manager is always 'but who would come here' as if we'd not be able to better than 1 win in 12.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 72
March 17, 2021, 9:03am
Guest User
Paul Hurst is the Manager and still will be next season no matter what League we are in, so pointless question.
Reply: 4 - 72
Mariner_501
March 17, 2021, 9:15am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Probably Hurst. Fits in well here. Loser club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 72
promotion plaice
March 17, 2021, 9:35am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

I'm happy to stick with Hurst next season and see how it pans out, he knows the National League well and he's more experienced with more contacts now.

Yes he has to take part of the blame if/when we are relegated but he walked into a right shitshow.

Having said that if we aren't at least challenging for a play-off spot by Christmas he has to go IMO.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 72
RonMariner
March 17, 2021, 9:41am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,862
Gold Stars: 230
Two things will determine our fate. Who is the manger, and how much money he has to spend. Both things have to be right for us to achieve success.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 72
pen penfras
March 17, 2021, 9:44am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 123614
Paul Hurst is the Manager and still will be next season no matter what League we are in, so pointless question.

I'm not convinced he will be. I think the new owners might get rid of him to try and separate themselves from the appointment given how much of a failure it has been.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 72
RonMariner
March 17, 2021, 10:13am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,862
Gold Stars: 230
I would go for the Cowleys.

Their playing style is not everyone's cup of tea, including mine. But I would cheer a goal that takes us into the L1 play off places if it was the result of a 50 yard punt just as much as if it came at the end of a silky 20 pass and move.  

After what we have had to endure these last few years I crave on-field success however achieved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 72
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next Manager - None League

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.