pen penfras
March 17, 2021, 10:48am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from RonMariner

I agree with you. Hanson, Hendrie, Hewitt, Morais, Wright, Scannel, Rose  and Clifton were already at the club when he arrived and are are to differing degrees able to do a job at this level.

And most of those have been playing in the games that we've actually looked to have improved in.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 17, 2021, 11:27am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,321
Gold Stars: 309
I'm going to be hopelessly optimistic here...

I am desperate for Hurst to succeed, not because of him but because I want the club to stay in the league.

I accept that his record so far is woeful but....

We haven't lost the last 2 games and most importantly we haven't leaked goals. Our last 5 games are LLLDD. The consistent criticism of the team has been leaking goals and unable to score them. He appears to have reduced the leaking goals and made us more difficult to beat (but I do plan to watch tonight's game from behind the sofa).

If he can get the guys up front hitting the target (or getting them the right service) we might be going in the right direction. The Shop hit the bar on Saturday, if that had gone in we'd be more positive.

He did this at Shrewsbury - they started slowly under him but got difficult to beat and then they started winning games.

I know we've played poor teams and failed to beat them, I know we're awful to watch but you have to hope...

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
RonMariner
March 17, 2021, 1:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
I'm going to be hopelessly optimistic here...

I am desperate for Hurst to succeed, not because of him but because I want the club to stay in the league.

I accept that his record so far is woeful but....

We haven't lost the last 2 games and most importantly we haven't leaked goals. Our last 5 games are LLLDD. The consistent criticism of the team has been leaking goals and unable to score them. He appears to have reduced the leaking goals and made us more difficult to beat (but I do plan to watch tonight's game from behind the sofa).

If he can get the guys up front hitting the target (or getting them the right service) we might be going in the right direction. The Shop hit the bar on Saturday, if that had gone in we'd be more positive.

He did this at Shrewsbury - they started slowly under him but got difficult to beat and then they started winning games.

I know we've played poor teams and failed to beat them, I know we're awful to watch but you have to hope...

Hope you are right, but it's very late in the day. The improvement is about a month too late in my book. We have a huge points gap to fill, and have some tough fixtures ahead. We failed to capitalise on the winnable games and I think those points we have dropped in the last few weeks are what will send us down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 17, 2021, 2:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,321
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from RonMariner

Hope you are right, but it's very late in the day. The improvement is about a month too late in my book. We have a huge points gap to fill, and have some tough fixtures ahead. We failed to capitalise on the winnable games and I think those points we have dropped in the last few weeks are what will send us down.

I hear you..

My last shred of optimism is tied to the 2 games in hand we have over some of the clubs near the bottom. 6 points from those games and we're still in it but anything less and we are too far adrift. And I very much doubt we'll get 6 points from those games.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
cannylad68
March 17, 2021, 2:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
There is one major problem with this optimism.

You have to score goal/s.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
Mayaman
March 17, 2021, 2:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
It's easy to say sat at home with a can of beer and bag o nuts.  We're all managers but none of us are stood on a touch line  in the freezing cold.  Imagine a working life when you're constantly being scrutinised.  I went through it last year and it's absolute shite.   You think so much of dropping the ball , you eventually do.  It does look like we are going down and it mostly boils down to some bad decision making, however, we've had some awful luck and decisions go against us as well as some players who have actually really taken the urine. At the end of the day, It's just a game.  Pull your socks up, lift your chin and be ready to fight in non-league if it comes to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
Azimuth
March 17, 2021, 5:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +711
Gold Stars: 61
Who here thinks hurst inspires any confidence in the team, his monotone style of speaking teanslates to the pitch in many ways, he has very little in the way of fight or enthusiasm which will rub off on those he is paid to lead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
DB
March 17, 2021, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Azimuth
Who here thinks hurst inspires any confidence in the team, his monotone style of speaking teanslates to the pitch in many ways, he has very little in the way of fight or enthusiasm which will rub off on those he is paid to lead.

When he came there were 2 directions. We now have the answer.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
realist
March 17, 2021, 5:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
What really annoys me is that we can survive. We just need whoever is running the club to get a big pair of balls and change the manager. We have nothing to lose, but it might work
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
realist
March 17, 2021, 5:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
What really annoys me is that we can survive. We just need whoever is running the club to get a big pair of balls and change the manager. We have nothing to lose, but it might work
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Maths Don't Lie

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.