4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
March 16, 2021, 10:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
On the 29th Dec. we were in 22nd place but only 9 points adrift of mid table. Barrow and Mansfield had 20 points the same as us, Stevenage below us with Southend. It wasn't good but recoverable with 25 games to go. Promotion, no, mid table looked good and with 25 games to go wasn't going to be a problem. Enter Paul Hurst to save us from the dire mess that Holloway left us in.

After 12 games he amassed 6 points, bottom of the league and 9 points from safety, Barrow. Barrow also have 13 games left but after Jolly was sacked their season looks to be safe. In our last 13 games we have to win 3 and draw 1 to catch Barrow assuming (I can't see it happening) they lose their 4 games. Out of the remaining 9 games we have to match or better the Barrow results, can't see that happening.

Since the 29th Dec. Barrow have added 15 points to our 6 points in the league. In March so far out of 4 games and 12 points Barrow have 9 points to our 2. I cannot take any positives from these figure for the last 13 games and relegation is inevitable unless Hurst finds a goal machine forward line and Barrow capitulate.

Our demise into the abyss of the NL is almost upon and 3 people are directly to blame. Holloway and Hurst for putting out rubbish teams in the 1st and 2nd half of the seasons. Holloway is indefensible and with 6 pts from 36 so is Hurst with his record so far. The common link between the two is Fenty who has showed nothing but very poor management choices.

Maths don't lie.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
RexFannies
March 16, 2021, 11:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
2 + 2 = 5

There you go

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
arryarryarry
March 16, 2021, 11:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from DB
On the 29th Dec. we were in 22nd place but only 9 points adrift of mid table. Barrow and Mansfield had 20 points the same as us, Stevenage below us with Southend. It wasn't good but recoverable with 25 games to go. Promotion, no, mid table looked good and with 25 games to go wasn't going to be a problem. Enter Paul Hurst to save us from the dire mess that Holloway left us in.

After 12 games he amassed 6 points, bottom of the league and 9 points from safety, Barrow. Barrow also have 13 games left but after Jolly was sacked their season looks to be safe. In our last 13 games we have to win 3 and draw 1 to catch Barrow assuming (I can't see it happening) they lose their 4 games. Out of the remaining 9 games we have to match or better the Barrow results, can't see that happening.

Since the 29th Dec. Barrow have added 15 points to our 6 points in the league. In March so far out of 4 games and 12 points Barrow have 9 points to our 2. I cannot take any positives from these figure for the last 13 games and relegation is inevitable unless Hurst finds a goal machine forward line and Barrow capitulate.

Our demise into the abyss of the NL is almost upon and 3 people are directly to blame. Holloway and Hurst for putting out rubbish teams in the 1st and 2nd half of the seasons. Holloway is indefensible and with 6 pts from 36 so is Hurst with his record so far. The common link between the two is Fenty who has showed nothing but very poor management choices.

Maths don't lie.

I don't always agree with you DB but I couldn't have put it better myself.

Have a gold star
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
Eastendmariner
March 17, 2021, 8:12am
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
it makes tough reading I have to say I think a lot of us are totally emotionally drained with how inept we've been in front of goal and as a result we are going down

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
Theimperialcoroner
March 17, 2021, 8:50am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
My hips don’t lie.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
March 17, 2021, 9:06am
Guest User
Quoted from DB

Maths don't lie.

They don't, and atm the math say we are still in League 2.

Reply: 5 - 33
RonMariner
March 17, 2021, 9:16am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from 123614

They don't, and atm the math say we are still in League 2.

Straight question.  

Do you think we will stay up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
Fillipe Noche
March 17, 2021, 9:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
I’d maybe accept your point about Hurst on this occasion, if the team he has had to scramble together wasn’t a team he’s had to build in a January transfer window.

The need to make an effort to rebuild the team and replace the Holloway rubbish was blatantly obvious, so he had to give that a go. But it’s a tough ask to rebuild a team in January when all of the players you would really like to sign are tied to contracts that run from summer to summer.

For that reason I’d certainly remove Paul Hurst from your assassination.

I don’t remember many folk that weren’t over the moon when John Fenty appointed Ian Holloway either. Everyone was wrapped up in the glory of that appointment, with the Ian Holloway song ringing out throughout the stands. That Ian Holloway singing at Mansfield away last season was incredible. So let’s not pretend that any single one of us wouldn’t have appointed Ian Holloway as manager, had we been in John’s position. We really would have. But hindsight is a wonderful thing, and nobody knew he wasn’t up to the job, and, as Holloway reportedly said to one staff member upon his departure....

“I got it wrong and I underestimated the level of football in League 2”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
pen penfras
March 17, 2021, 10:05am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
I’d maybe accept your point about Hurst on this occasion, if the team he has had to scramble together wasn’t a team he’s had to build in a January transfer window.

The need to make an effort to rebuild the team and replace the Holloway rubbish was blatantly obvious, so he had to give that a go. But it’s a tough ask to rebuild a team in January when all of the players you would really like to sign are tied to contracts that run from summer to summer.

For that reason I’d certainly remove Paul Hurst from your assassination.

I don’t remember many folk that weren’t over the moon when John Fenty appointed Ian Holloway either. Everyone was wrapped up in the glory of that appointment, with the Ian Holloway song ringing out throughout the stands. That Ian Holloway singing at Mansfield away last season was incredible. So let’s not pretend that any single one of us wouldn’t have appointed Ian Holloway as manager, had we been in John’s position. We really would have. But hindsight is a wonderful thing, and nobody knew he wasn’t up to the job, and, as Holloway reportedly said to one staff member upon his departure....

“I got it wrong and I underestimated the level of football in League 2”.

He didn't have to. We'd picked up enough points to not be in the relegation zone. He needed to galvanise the team and add some improvements. But instead chose to publicly say the entire team needed replacing and then did it with players who aren't much better and have taken a month to start to look like a team. If he'd brought in a few extra players as needed and tried to get the best out of what we had, then I think we'd be much better off.

Eastwood
Menayese
Habergham/Bunney
Matete
Payne/LJL

Those 5 signings were what I think we needed. Hurst just had some desire to make the team "his own"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
RonMariner
March 17, 2021, 10:16am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from pen penfras

He didn't have to. We'd picked up enough points to not be in the relegation zone. He needed to galvanise the team and add some improvements. But instead chose to publicly say the entire team needed replacing and then did it with players who aren't much better and have taken a month to start to look like a team. If he'd brought in a few extra players as needed and tried to get the best out of what we had, then I think we'd be much better off.

Eastwood
Menayese
Habergham/Bunney
Matete
Payne/LJL

Those 5 signings were what I think we needed. Hurst just had some desire to make the team "his own"

I agree with you. Hanson, Hendrie, Hewitt, Morais, Wright, Scannel, Rose  and Clifton were already at the club when he arrived and are are to differing degrees able to do a job at this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Maths Don't Lie

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.