5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
March 14, 2021, 7:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
I am trying to take some positives from the match. A point is better than nothing and Macca looks like his confidence is back, must have taken a hammering under oloway. And then theirs's err, err nothing else.

Whatever Hurst said at half time changed the mood and passion of the players who came out in the 2nd half with a different attitude to the first half. A reverse of the first half. We have in Hurst our equivalent of Allardyce at West Brom. Their going down and so are we, the maths give us a chance but Fenty will do nothing. Do not forget that until his cheque is signed and cashed he still controls the club. I cannot see him sacking Hurst and as for the takeover, when ever it happens, it will be too late to save us from the NL.

The positive to take to the NL are very few, new owners, promise of a new ground. Players under contract worth hanging onto, Macca, Rose and Wright. Management worth keeping Dave Moore. The rest let the club down badly and if they couldn't keep us in the EFL they certainly will not help promotion from the NL. Yeovil and Notts Cty. went down season before last and are still struggling to get out of the NL, which is littered with ex EFL teams.

For me, and as many red crosses as you like, the buck stops with Hurst. He tactics cost 2 points at Carlisle and 2 points yesterday. His teams have played 12 and won 1, less than 10% wins. It does not bode well for the nest 14 games and to be generous 30% wins(call it 4 games) 12 points. Too little too late.

The only thing I can be optimistic about is Hurst being fired and complete new beginning from top to bottom, unfortunately in the NL.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
male private Nale
March 14, 2021, 8:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -923
Gold Stars: 136
I think we fade badly in the second half due to half our team not having the legs to see it through, the likes of Morais, Hanson , the shop , lamy and coke struggle to see out past the hour mark, ask them to play 3 games in 8 days and it becomes clear we will run out of steam quickly in second half.

All very depressing but after last night I have come to terms with our fate. What I want to see next game is Jackson play up top with Hanson for at least a half, green and Payne no where near the match day squad, neither will be here next season and it shows when they step on the pitch.

As for next season , as long as the takeover has happened we will dust ourselves down and eventually come back.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
Rick12
March 14, 2021, 8:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from DB

complete new beginning from top to bottom,
The last bit sums it up perfectly for me DB. Its the love of the fans for this football club that will keep it going. Players/managers come and go as ultimately its all about money/family first which is hard to bear as fans but I think ultimately right. If your any good you will be chasing the millions like Christiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid and not playing for a now small club like ours.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
pontoonlew
March 14, 2021, 9:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
The fact Hurst called it a big point gives you an insight into what that half time team talk contained.

‘Sit back lads, just don’t lose, we’re going to be the only team in history to escape a relegation battle by drawing our way out of it’
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
Humbercod
March 14, 2021, 9:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 82
Has he gone yet?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
Hagrid
March 14, 2021, 9:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,522
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from pontoonlew
The fact Hurst called it a big point gives you an insight into what that half time team talk contained.

‘Sit back lads, just don’t lose, we’re going to be the only team in history to escape a relegation battle by drawing our way out of it’

Twisting it. He said “ could be a big point”

He put all our attacking options on. We wanted 3 points but that doesnt suit your agenda against him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
MuddyWaters
March 14, 2021, 9:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Can’t say that I feel anything other than apathy this morning.

We look like a relegation team because that’s what we are.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
pontoonlew
March 14, 2021, 9:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Hagrid

Twisting it. He said “ could be a big point”

He put all our attacking options on. We wanted 3 points but that doesnt suit your agenda against him

At what point does not being happy with 6 points from 36 stop being an agenda?

You’re right though, I don’t like Hurst and didn’t the first time either. Maybe it is an agenda but he’s hardly doing anything to prove that wrong.

(We had 3 strikers on for 9 mins btw)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
wigworld
March 14, 2021, 10:02am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Hurst is turning things round. We've gone from being thrashed (5 - 0 loss to Tranmere earlier in the season, 3 - 0 loss to Salford), to losing by one goal, to drawing games. I agree there's a fair chance we might run out of games, but it's far from over yet.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 44
Humbercod
March 14, 2021, 10:03am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 82
1 shot on target against a team in even worst form than us, in complete free fall 1 shot on target in a game we needed to win and people still defend Hurst 🤯
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Morning After

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.