ginnywings
February 1, 2021, 9:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from forza ivano
looking at the videos i thought we'd signed a peter Crouch type centre forward rather than a left back!
looks like he could help out up front plus as a monkhouse type winger.
do wonder whether Hurst might play him, Mayonaise and 1 of Pollock or Waterfall?

He has played as a striker, also left wing and left back.

He scored 19 goals in 26 games for Northwich Victoria early in his career.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 87
gtfc_akpa_akpro
February 1, 2021, 9:30pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from forza ivano

that wasn't very successful staurday though, was it?

The result no, the performance was and will lead to victories in the near future. Don’t be hoodwinked by the two mistakes.

i would really like to know biccys favourite biscuit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 87
KingstonMariner
February 1, 2021, 9:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
If he does not work out, there are 50 similar replacements in the field opposite our house. 😉😁

Some fcuking big rabbits up your way 😁

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 87
AidansArmy99
February 2, 2021, 1:33am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -30
Quoted from ClarkyGTFC
Glad to see Hursty hopping to make new signings

Now let "bounce" back hahaha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 87
AidansArmy99
February 2, 2021, 1:35am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -30
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Yes he has but understandable that he is a little rusty after being out for so long. Will be a great asset when proper match fit!

It will be due to confidence aswell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 87
diehardmariner
February 2, 2021, 10:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Looking at the videos of Bunney, he looks to be a bit of marauding left-back/wing-back.  If going with 3 at the back, it wouldn't surprise me if it's Habergham who's the one who goes into defence and Bunney as the wing-back.

I think Habergham looks tidy and decent enough, but hasn't quite got the fitness yet to be up and down that flank effectively.  

Pollock, as the left sided centre-back, is carrying an injury and looks bang out of form so needs a break in my eyes.  Either that or Idehen comes back into the fold.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 87
Marinerdan
February 2, 2021, 11:47am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +957
Gold Stars: 17
He'll be a decent shout for goalscorer betting as I'm guessing he will be going up for corners and free kicks.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 87
Tommy
February 3, 2021, 8:01am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Marinerdan
He'll be a decent shout for goalscorer betting as I'm guessing he will be going up for corners and free kicks.

This is a good point.

If Bunney is going to be playing he adds to some real height and aerial power in the team. We really need to make the most of it and get the set piece delivery bang on. If we start to become more solid defensively, it could be the odd goal from a set piece that makes the difference at the other end.

We could have Waterfall, Pollock, Bunney, Menayese, and two from Hanson/LJL/Payne all in the box. That should be a real problem for teams if the delivery is decent.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 87
moosey_club
February 3, 2021, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,317
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Tommy

This is a good point.

If Bunney is going to be playing he adds to some real height and aerial power in the team. We really need to make the most of it and get the set piece delivery bang on. If we start to become more solid defensively, it could be the odd goal from a set piece that makes the difference at the other end.

We could have Waterfall, Pollock, Bunney, Menayese, and two from Hanson/LJL/Payne all in the box. That should be a real problem for teams if the delivery is decent.

I was right with you, feeling proper optimistic .......until the last 5 words  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 87
diehardmariner
February 4, 2021, 8:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from moosey_club

I was right with you, feeling proper optimistic .......until the last 5 words  

You would hope that of the virtually new team we've brought in, someone must be capable of delivering a decent set-piece.  We were told that Habergham had a wand of a left-foot, which I've in all honesty not seen yet.  Similar to when Williams arrived with the billing of having good delivery.

Rose can deliver a decent ball but his good deliveries are usually followed by 3 or 4 of those awful floated efforts that are bread and butter for 'keepers.

Bunney is currently 28/1 for first/last goal with Bet365 and 11/1 for anytime.  His Wiki page shows that he scored for fun at Lancaster, Kendal and Northwich Victoria and then averaged one every 7 or 8 games at Rochdale.  But then doesn't look to have scored in 40 or so games in the last 3 years.  Of course that's not knowing where he's played in any of those games.

Also noted that Waterfall and Menayese are both 40/1 for first/last goal and 16/1 any time.  With the extra height in the team it may well create a bit more freedom for players at set-pieces, again this is on a hope, with better deliveries.    Our current top scorer, Mattie Pollock, is 25's for first/last and 10's anytime.

In comparison Matt Green is 7's and 12/5 respectively.  
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 87
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joe Bunney

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.