February 1, 2021, 11:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from cmackenzie4

That’s “made my day” that has  

If we get him on loan and he performs well sheff utd will be able to sell him for a million dollar(s) baby! If not a few dollars more...

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 58
HertsGTFC
February 1, 2021, 12:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
He needs to start on Saturday if he signs.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 58
RonMariner
February 1, 2021, 12:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,861
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from HertsGTFC
He needs to start on Saturday if he signs.

If he does sign he can replace some of The Unforgiven.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 58
headingly_mariner
February 1, 2021, 12:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Poojah

I would hope that on this occasion he would be objective about it. His performances this season have been well below the acceptable standard, and probably significantly poorer than Nick Colgan was in our relegation season. He needs to take some time to reflect and try and rebuild his game.

Colgan was truly awful. I’m not sure he made a save that season, they don’t compare in terms of the season they’re having. I understand that people think he’s not having his best season, but it’s not like that one.

It wasn’t just the howlers it was his genuine disinterest and fear of getting hurt. I’m not sure if he’d had a bad injury before he joined us but he was terrified between the sticks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 58
wigworld
February 1, 2021, 12:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Colgan was truly awful. I’m not sure he made a save that season, they don’t compare in terms of the season they’re having. I understand that people think he’s not having his best season, but it’s not like that one.

It wasn’t just the howlers it was his genuine disinterest and fear of getting hurt. I’m not sure if he’d had a bad injury before he joined us but he was terrified between the sticks.

I have to agree, Colgan was abysmal.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 58
golfer
February 1, 2021, 12:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from ginnywings
T'Rotherham lad. Been on loan to Scunny, Chesterfield and Gainsborough, so this looks like a distinct possibility.

Steady decline in teams he's played for  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 58
Poojah
February 1, 2021, 1:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,879
Gold Stars: 1,523

Oh I don't disagree, but Macca has made error after error this season, without very many of his usual redeeming worldies (at least that I can recall). People are speaking about him calmly and objectively because he's earned such respect from Town fans, however if he, like Colgan, was a newbie here in his first season he'd have been getting absolute pelters for some time now.

I really hope he can get his shít back together because I have a lot of time for the bloke. As of right now though, he deserves to lose his place if an adequate replacement can be found, as seems to be the case.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 58
Shipwrecked In Gainsborough
February 1, 2021, 1:28pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +248
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from golfer

Steady decline in teams he's played for  

Don't believe that list of teams he has been with is in chronological order. I go and watch Gainsborough Trinity and he was last at Trinity on loan in 2016. So i hope he has been getting some games somewhere else since then!
He must have been very young when on loan with Trinity, so the next bit could be way off the mark, but he only got a club stato performance score of 5/10 during his short time there. Personally don't remember the lad, but at the time they were in a higher league( Conf North) than they are now. Sorry to be a bit dour on this but just telling it as it was back then. Like i said, it was 5 yrs ago so he could be a different keeper nowadays(hopefully).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 58
Kris2
February 1, 2021, 1:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136

Time seems to make players better or less bad than they were when they were actually playing for us  .

Colgan was immobile, couldn't dive, couldn't jump, couldn't catch and inspired no confidence around him. Macca has had some howlers this season but to say he's worse than Colgan is just funny. Look at this crap https://youtu.be/xbQFS3m2WqQ
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 58
Poojah
February 1, 2021, 1:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,879
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from Kris2

Time seems to make players better or less bad than they were when they were actually playing for us  .

Colgan was immobile, couldn't dive, couldn't jump, couldn't catch and inspired no confidence around him. Macca has had some howlers this season but to say he's worse than Colgan is just funny. Look at this crap https://youtu.be/xbQFS3m2WqQ

Nothing wrong with Coulson’s handling that day though; perhaps we should have given him a run...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jake Eastwood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.