3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
norfuk mariner
February 1, 2021, 9:19am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +200
Gold Stars: 2
Sky report he is signing from Brentford on loan today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Adams_(footballer)#:~:text=Joe%20Adams%20(footballer)%20From%20Wikipedia,%20the%20free%20encyclopedia,academy%20and%20is%20a%20current%20Wales%20youth%20international.
Logged Offline
Private Message
SWMariner
February 1, 2021, 9:23am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +36
Signed him on loan on football manager and he was immense, can only assume that real life will be the same 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
Fillipe Noche
February 1, 2021, 9:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
I wonder what Hursts connection or knowledge of this lad is then? Or where his knowledge of this player has come from?

I’ve always rated Hurst in the recruiting market because of his level of background work, research and scouting he does.

Maybe this was a player that came on his radar at Shrews or Ipswich, that be missed out on to Brentford?

I find watching Hurst at work in the market very exciting. Whereas with Holloway, I just got the feeling it was pot luck, where he would take any name in that his contacts chucked up, but with very little knowledge or research.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
monkeyboy
February 1, 2021, 9:38am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Wiki says he played right wing back. and midfield. .

Looks like Hewits days are numbered if so
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
ginnywings
February 1, 2021, 9:43am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Bit baffled by this one if it's true. He's very inexperienced, having played hardly any first team games, and we are in a right old scrap. Mind you, he would have to be sensational to get in the Brentford team right now, so who knows?

Got to trust the manager on this one and Matete is looking the business.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
lew chaterleys lover
February 1, 2021, 9:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,788
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
I wonder what Hursts connection or knowledge of this lad is then? Or where his knowledge of this player has come from?

I’ve always rated Hurst in the recruiting market because of his level of background work, research and scouting he does.

Maybe this was a player that came on his radar at Shrews or Ipswich, that be missed out on to Brentford?

I find watching Hurst at work in the market very exciting. Whereas with Holloway, I just got the feeling it was pot luck, where he would take any name in that his contacts chucked up, but with very little knowledge or research.

So you keep saying.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
diehardmariner
February 1, 2021, 9:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,719
Gold Stars: 543
Interesting one this.  

Brentford have scrapped their academy and pick up talent that have been released from other, often bigger, clubs in the South East.  This lad was on the books at Bury and I'm presuming left as part of the fall-out when they were heading to the wall.  Looks like Brentford paid a fee for him too.

Brentford's number based recruitment is very robust so you've got to think this lad has something about him.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
February 1, 2021, 9:49am
Guest User
Coke incoming???
Reply: 7 - 21
Nutsy
February 1, 2021, 9:50am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +158
Gold Stars: 5
Imagine

Matete Adams and Idris

Yes I’ve not seen a lot of them, but I have seen a lot of our previous midfield so this is almost Xavi Iniesta and Busquets!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
ginnywings
February 1, 2021, 9:55am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Looks to be a versatile player and made his debut for Bury while still very young. Described as tenacious.

Is he seen as a winger/wing back maybe?

https://www.brentfordfc.com/teams/brentford-b/midfielder/joe-adams/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joe Adams

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.