3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
blundellpork
January 10, 2021, 6:29pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
I always thought we could do better than Hessenthaler. As it turned out, we actually did worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
Mariner_09
January 10, 2021, 9:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Whether it was the EFL who screwed us over or we were just generally incompetent, probably the latter, of all the players released who we would've rather kept (Davis, Clarke, Vernam and Hess) we have downgraded quite spectacularly.

It is quite remarkable when you sit back and think about it how much we ballsed the job up in the summer and then the board/Holloway having the nerve to just brush it under the carpet and say "well, it's all very hard with Covid" sums it all up.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
moosey_club
January 10, 2021, 9:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
And I thought the main reason was that Hess missed pretty much a season through injury and it was readily accepted that keeping him on would be a risk under the circumstances.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
tashee69
January 10, 2021, 10:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from moosey_club
And I thought the main reason was that Hess missed pretty much a season through injury and it was readily accepted that keeping him on would be a risk under the circumstances.

Injured 28th January. Played 22 games for Crawley this season. Thought he was an excellent defensive midfielder. The amount of tackles he won and often covered for full back while we was on the attack. Missing him now

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
Mayaman
January 11, 2021, 12:21am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Crawley beat Leeds 3 - 0.  They do something we don't, they shoot when they have an opportunity. I couldn't see us scoring any of those goals they got.  We'd take one extra touch to find the perfect shot and then not get any.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
ginnywings
January 11, 2021, 12:37am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Mayaman
Crawley beat Leeds 3 - 0.  They do something we don't, they shoot when they have an opportunity. I couldn't see us scoring any of those goals they got.  We'd take one extra touch to find the perfect shot and then not get any.  

2nd lowest budget in the EFL and they can find players that have pace and skill; score goals and actually put in dangerous free kicks. They looked head and shoulders above us.

It's so galling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
January 11, 2021, 7:05am
Guest User
Always thought he was a good player. Thought he was allowed to leave as he wanted to move back South. He's gone so we move on.
Reply: 16 - 29
buckstown
January 11, 2021, 8:05am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,237
Gold Stars: 80
There have been some appalling decisions by the people who run GTFC for the last 20 years. We were playing ok at the end of last season, not brilliant but with a few decent additions we would have been fine. But no, the only objective was cost saving to the detriment of everything. The only surprise about this season is that so many people seem surprised
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
Nutsy
January 11, 2021, 9:10am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +158
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from sam gy
Hess, Davis, Whitehouse would all walk into our team right now. I know we talk about the loss of Vernam, Clarke etc, but it was a huge mistake letting these go too.

In fact, gonna stick my neck on the line and say a fully fit Davis would be preferable to both Waterfall and Pollock. Can’t reLly remember him ever letting us down.

I was disappointed to see Hess leave, thought he was the best CDM we had - better than Rose, Clifton etc

I wasn't too sure why Davis left, but I think him with Pollock would be a much more solid defence ...

I thought Whitehouse was poor, very underwhelming and didn't really offer much except running about a bit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
ginnywings
January 11, 2021, 10:01am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Nutsy

I was disappointed to see Hess leave, thought he was the best CDM we had - better than Rose, Clifton etc

I wasn't too sure why Davis left, but I think him with Pollock would be a much more solid defence ...

I thought Whitehouse was poor, very underwhelming and didn't really offer much except running about a bit

And yet he was signed by a team with more ambition than us. A lot less fans, but more ambition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hessenthaler

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.