Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Keep calm.......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 269 Guests

Keep calm.......

This thread currently has 3,895 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 10, 2021, 2:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from gtfc_akpa_akpro
Christ the negativity in this thread is pathetic. There’s half a season left, a transfer window still open and 69 points available. The state of panic in mariners fans when we are winning every week is unbelievable. Yes, I appreciate we are on a very poor run and need a lot of work doing but if we go by these message boards, we should have been relegated when Jolley took over and all the over occasions when fans melt down.

Get behind the team from afar, have some trust in Hurst and his team and look forward to the future of new ownership.

Have you seen us play in the last 2 months or so?

110% trust and belief in Hurst but we are pretty bad. We need half a dozen competent players at L2 level, how many of them types will sign for a club in our position?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
oochiad
January 10, 2021, 2:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from gtfc_akpa_akpro
Christ the negativity in this thread is pathetic. There’s half a season left, a transfer window still open and 69 points available. The state of panic in mariners fans when we are winning every week is unbelievable. Yes, I appreciate we are on a very poor run and need a lot of work doing but if we go by these message boards, we should have been relegated when Jolley took over and all the over occasions when fans melt down.

Get behind the team from afar, have some trust in Hurst and his team and look forward to the future of new ownership.

I’m totally behind the team and Hurst and have everything crossed we can stay up. I’m being realistic in what I think we need to sort to stay up. That’s what this board is for, expressing one’s opinions and if you watch how can you deny the suggestion I am making? UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
AussieMariner
January 10, 2021, 3:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 31

I still have hope and the glass is half full.[/quote]

The glass is like our squad - regardless of whether it’s half full or half empty it’s twice as big as it should be

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
arryarryarry
January 10, 2021, 3:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
I will probably get shot down for this .......but if you look at our points total of 20 from 23 games it’s 5 points pro rata from the “staying up” target of 50 points . Hope my maths makes sense lol !
So if you add on a point for our negative goal difference the minimum target is 31 points from our last 23 games.
If you look at the current teams who have achieved 31 points at the halfway stage you come up with a number of mid table teams - who on average have lost around 6 -7 games.
Our target is not impossible. Tough yes.......but in our hands and half the season left to play for.
Hurst is not blind to what needs doing,and quite capable of delivering it.
I still have hope and the glass is half full.

Our biggest problem is that most of this squad would struggle to get into a Northern Premier League side.

We haven't got a forward who will score more than 5 goals in a season, it is sad that our leading scorer is a lumbering centre half.

Our midfield is weak and never look like adding a goal or two, Clifton's form is going backwards, Rose in the main has been poor and doesn't look fit enough to even last a game. There is no real creativity or any sense of battling for the cause there either.

As regards the defence and goal keepers, you only have to look at the goals we have been conceding which can only be described as dreadful.

The only bright spots for me are possibly Morais who as yet doesn't look fit enough to last a full game and Wright who again had a problem remaining fully fit.

We could do with at least 12 new players but will the club allow that?
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 10, 2021, 3:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Yesterday was disappointing for a number of reasons:

1.  No new manager bounce, whilst Port Vale get an immediate return from sacking their Manager
2. No improvement in our defensive shape or ability to stop conceding goals. Hoped a week with Hurst & Doig would see us either hang on for a 0-0 or lose to odd goal but it is seems maybe not enough time was spent on the training ground because of the need to sign players. A no win either way.

3. Selections. Agree with a number of posters, and stated on another thread, that the selection of Spokes, Wright, Gibson and Jackson Jnr, would not only have given us some energy and pace but sent a clear message to others that changes are happening so perform or leave.

4. As Forza said in other threads the fact PH never has trusted young players to perform and prefers experience. In our situation that is, in many ways, understandable but surely having seen our last 5 games, and having consulted Dave Moore and Ben Davies there should have been enough football knowledge that to continue to pick Preston, Rose, Green & Williams was very unlikely to change our fortunes.

Just watching Crawley and they are on a 9 game unbeaten run which suggests to me Town were the last team to beat them which seems unbelievable. We have also won at Cheltenham, Orient and should have beaten Carlisle at home, but for Macca, and given these sides are all nearer the top of the league rather than the bottom it does indicate we do have some ability within the side but new signings and some much needed confidence are the priority for the remainder of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
oochiad
January 10, 2021, 3:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Watching Crawley thrash Leeds 3-0 at the moment and they’re top scorer has 16 goals! Imagine that........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
oochiad
January 10, 2021, 3:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Hassenthaler having a great game......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
promotion plaice
January 10, 2021, 3:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from oochiad
Watching Crawley thrash Leeds 3-0 at the moment and they’re top scorer has 16 goals! Imagine that........

Mark Wright comes on in stoppage time, publicity stunt or what  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
louth_in_the_south
January 10, 2021, 3:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
The simple fact is we only need to compete with the bottom 4 teams to stay up . Most of these aren’t going to regularly pick up points . New players will make a difference. As long as we end up 22nd that’ll do me

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
oochiad
January 10, 2021, 3:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Mark Wright comes on in stoppage time, publicity stunt or what  

Didn’t touch the ball did he? 😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Keep calm.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.