Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Keep calm.......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Keep calm.......

This thread currently has 3,896 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
January 10, 2021, 1:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,786
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Mariner93er

There’s far from any guarantee that the players you mention would have made any difference. Gibson has had plenty of opportunities and shown very little (apart from an ability to match Ross Hannah for offsides). Spokes played ok the other week but looks like a player that’s taken a huge step up. Jackson probably deserves a start virtue of the fact he’s the only striker who can actually score. Wright had just come back from injury so starting him was optimistic. And let’s be honest, even if those 3 had started, the chances are vale would still have easily won.

Maybe, but he should surely have tried to do something? We bring in a new manager to create a new buzz, a fresh start and all that and the players looked flatter yesterday than ever.  
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
oochiad
January 10, 2021, 2:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
We started brightly yesterday and had it not been for the post 1- up. The other end is the real problem as we ship goals for fun. How can we build on a bright start when up the other end we are totally crap. The goals were laughable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
oochiad
January 10, 2021, 2:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Macca the flapper. He’s done now in my eyes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
HertsGTFC
January 10, 2021, 2:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from oochiad
Macca the flapper. He’s done now in my eyes.

I think there is zero trust between Macca and the back 4 and the back 4 and Macca.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
oochiad
January 10, 2021, 2:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
For a laugh me and my lad looked back at Macca’s goals he’s given up this season, my god there are plenty. I don’t like to single people out but we really need to address this and quickly. I know there are plenty of other issues but we desperately need a change, only my opinion of course. UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
Swansea_Mariner
January 10, 2021, 2:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from oochiad
For a laugh me and my lad looked back at Macca’s goals he’s given up this season, my god there are plenty. I don’t like to single people out but we really need to address this and quickly. I know there are plenty of other issues but we desperately need a change, only my opinion of course. UTM!!

No I think you are right, Russell is not really a solution either so we definitely need a new keeper in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 10, 2021, 2:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

No I think you are right, Russell is not really a solution either so we definitely need a new keeper in.

The way his side improved with Henderson in goal will have shown Hurst that he needs a GK to take charge of the back 5. I would look at an experienced GK with a good pedigree (Labrador or retriever?) from a higher league.

We don’t need a shot stopper, we need a good football brain to sort out the defence, a Sherwood or a Beasant type keeper who has played at a decent level. A really good signing in goal would work wonders.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
gtfc_akpa_akpro
January 10, 2021, 2:28pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 9
Christ the negativity in this thread is pathetic. There’s half a season left, a transfer window still open and 69 points available. The state of panic in mariners fans when we are winning every week is unbelievable. Yes, I appreciate we are on a very poor run and need a lot of work doing but if we go by these message boards, we should have been relegated when Jolley took over and all the over occasions when fans melt down.

Get behind the team from afar, have some trust in Hurst and his team and look forward to the future of new ownership.

i would really like to know biccys favourite biscuit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
MuddyWaters
January 10, 2021, 2:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from gtfc_akpa_akpro
Christ the negativity in this thread is pathetic. There’s half a season left, a transfer window still open and 69 points available. The state of panic in mariners fans when we are winning every week is unbelievable. Yes, I appreciate we are on a very poor run and need a lot of work doing but if we go by these message boards, we should have been relegated when Jolley took over and all the over occasions when fans melt down.

Get behind the team from afar, have some trust in Hurst and his team and look forward to the future of new ownership.

Negativity? Think it's more reality - not knocking Hurst but he was brutally honest about the task ahead in the post match interview.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
Hagrid
January 10, 2021, 2:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,521
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from oochiad
We started brightly yesterday and had it not been for the post 1- up. The other end is the real problem as we ship goals for fun. How can we build on a bright start when up the other end we are totally crap. The goals were laughable.

Pollock was offside so wouldnt have mattered
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Keep calm.......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.