3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
January 10, 2021, 6:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Think we need a good yard dog type central midfielder first. Take some pressure off the defence. Add a bit of steel in the centre of the team. Then look at the attacking section after sorting that out.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
headingly_mariner
January 10, 2021, 6:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from DB
According to Findlater in the GT Clifton was on crutches after the game. Anybody know anything about this?

He got nailed after about 20 minutes. It’s a shame because he was the only one who went beyond Green all game. I was surprised to see him come off as Hewitt was the midfield passenger this week.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
diehardmariner
January 11, 2021, 10:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,719
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from headingly_mariner

He got nailed after about 20 minutes. It’s a shame because he was the only one who went beyond Green all game. I was surprised to see him come off as Hewitt was the midfield passenger this week.

Yeah I noticed Clifton was pushing further forward until he went off.  Hopefully that's on Hurst's instructions as we definitely lack midfielders pushing beyond the front man/picking bits up in that gap between midfield and attack.

Williams, Bennett, Tilley...they're all much about muchness players aren't they?  Tidy and neat on the ball but ultimately don't go anywhere with it.  In a good side that's on fire you could probably use a few of those luxuries and I imagine they would be effective.  But we're not a good side.  Whilst I agree with Hurst about the 11 dogs, we still need everyone to be putting their bodies on the line.  One thing we can't afford is people bottling challenges.

Was encouraged by the signing of Rose and his first few performances, but progressively he's got worse.  He seems to have mastered the art of getting on the ball but not actually benefiting the play with it.  Almost to the point that he's a point in between A and B that's not needed, watch the amount of times he takes the ball off the defender to make a simple pass to the full-back, when really Pollock/Waterfall could have made that pass easily themselves.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 11, 2021, 10:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
According to the GT Clifton did his ankle himself early on. Big doubt for Saturday.

Also Tilly was not injured. Make of that what you will but it seems loan time beckons for the lad.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
January 11, 2021, 11:19am
Guest User
I wondered about Rose from the second he asked for a list of good vegan restaurants in Grimsby. I suspect he quickly realised it was a bad fit.
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lee Bowyer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.