10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
January 11, 2021, 2:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
What conditions were laid down re these benign loans ? Can he ask for them back at any time ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 94
GrimExile
January 11, 2021, 2:25pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from DB

It would have been nice to have £500 to put into town as you did, but as I see you live in the rich south (Bucks) don't assume everybody has the wealth you have.

I am not a wealthy man at all but the first time I could buy shares I bought £300’s worth which was about the price of a season ticket which I would have bought had I still lived local. The second time was just recently when the club were again in difficulties when I bought £200’s worth. The reason I only spent £200 was I could not afford more. Why am I in Bucks? Because I could not get a job locally and like many many others I was basically forced to move down south to work where rightly or wrongly the job opportunities are better.

I am not going to get into a slanging match with you but you haven’t bought a single penny’s worth of shares to help out the club in its hour of need. Then you have the sheer gall and cheek to criticise those that have and then you suggest the only reason I bought shares is because I am wealthy. Now grow up and stop acting like a child and think before you type. Thank you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 94
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 11, 2021, 2:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from crusty ole pie

I have a feeling he will not be standing for re election

I also suspect that, having not yet reached the peak of this ‘wave’, the May local elections will have to be postponed (again) for at least a month or two
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 94
lew chaterleys lover
January 11, 2021, 3:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,782
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from crusty ole pie

I have a feeling he will not be standing for re election

Not much point really is there? I imagine his political ambitions, such as they were, are in tatters following his stepping down from his deputy role and the holder of an important portfolio.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 94
jamesgtfc
January 11, 2021, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,044
Gold Stars: 190
I don't think the tone above is required but I've seen it stated a couple of times now that Runaway is stated as a shareholder but then not on the list.

What a shame all of the board are currently hiding under a rock to answer that question.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 94
Swansea_Mariner
January 11, 2021, 5:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from DB

I have enough cash to pay my bills and put a meal on the table. I admire you for finding a job elsewhere but this small man is where my admiration ends.

Ave house price Bucks £430 + K, ave house price NE Lincs £154+ . One of us lives in a wealthy area sonny and it's not me. As far as growing up is concerned it is YOU not me. You have purchased shares, like it or not, in a public company. With those shares comes a responsibility. If you do not understand your responsibilities as a shareholder grow up. You have ensured that you and 100's like you have a part in the control of a company.

A part that gives you the right, endorsed in law, to question the actions of company directors, to vote on the election of director's and vote to accept the company accounts. As a shareholder, living in a wealthy part of the country, you may or may not have the means to attend an AGM, but you still have the right for a proxy vote or nominate somebody to vote on your behalf.

So Mr shareholder, given that the latest set of accounts have been approved and registered at companies house, please tell us why YOU and the other shareholders show a certain Mr I E Holloway as a director having 5 - £100 shares. Why is the same person not list in the list of shareholders.

This is YOUR company not mine, a company that you chose for, what happens to be good reason, to invest in. So please company owner explain why IH is shown to have shares and then not list?

You have the audacity little man to call me childish, I suggest you look in a mirror, take responsibility for your actions and take one giant leap to being a man.

Ps. It's not a slanging match as you suggest, but facts. You are a company owner through your shares.

You are a very strange individual, leave the guy alone he supported his club through a share purchase, like many others have. Most people don't see that as an investment, more a gift.

The options you are talking about regarding  being a shareholder are technically correct,  yes, but can you give us a practical example of where a vast group of small shareholders have organised action in the way you point out? I've never heard of 1000s of small shareholders organising in this way  doesn't seem practical to me, I'd bet it's never happened.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 94
DB
January 11, 2021, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

You are a very strange individual, leave the guy alone he supported his club through a share purchase, like many others have. Most people don't see that as an investment, more a gift.

The options you are talking about regarding  being a shareholder are technically correct,  yes, but can you give us a practical example of where a vast group of small shareholders have organised action in the way you point out? I've never heard of 1000s of small shareholders organising in this way  doesn't seem practical to me, I'd bet it's never happened.

Given the hate of JF it is an option that could/should have been looked at but sadly wasn't. The guy had a go at me when I only point out the fact that shareholders own the company and with it comes responsibilities.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 94
GrimExile
January 11, 2021, 5:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

I have enough cash to pay my bills and put a meal on the table. I admire you for finding a job elsewhere but this small man is where my admiration ends.

Ave house price Bucks £430 + K, ave house price NE Lincs £154+ . One of us lives in a wealthy area sonny and it's not me. As far as growing up is concerned it is YOU not me. You have purchased shares, like it or not, in a public company. With those shares comes a responsibility. If you do not understand your responsibilities as a shareholder grow up. You have ensured that you and 100's like you have a part in the control of a company.

A part that gives you the right, endorsed in law, to question the actions of company directors, to vote on the election of director's and vote to accept the company accounts. As a shareholder, living in a wealthy part of the country, you may or may not have the means to attend an AGM, but you still have the right for a proxy vote or nominate somebody to vote on your behalf.

So Mr shareholder, given that the latest set of accounts have been approved and registered at companies house, please tell us why YOU and the other shareholders show a certain Mr I E Holloway as a director having 5 - £100 shares. Why is the same person not list in the list of shareholders.

This is YOUR company not mine, a company that you chose for, what happens to be good reason, to invest in. So please company owner explain why IH is shown to have shares and then not list?

You have the audacity little man to call me childish, I suggest you look in a mirror, take responsibility for your actions and take one giant leap to being a man.

Ps. It's not a slanging match as you suggest, but facts. You are a company owner through your shares.

I’ve not read your reply nor will I. The only thing I suggest you do is look at all my green ticks and your red crosses. That tells you that just about everyone believes you are totally wrong. Thank you and goodnight!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 94
grimsby pete
January 11, 2021, 5:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
It would not surprise me if Fenty reimbursed  Hollowhead when he left.

Bet he would not do it for any fan though.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 94
GrimExile
January 11, 2021, 5:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!! Thank you for your support I really appreciate it. I think he’s just a wind up merchant who gets off on it. I think it would be impossible to round up 1,800 small shareholders as he suggested anyway. How would I contact them? The club would hardly give me their addresses, phone number and email addresses would they? Anyway thanks one again for your support, here’s to an upturn in our fortunes both on and off the pitch. #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO GetYourFactsRight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.