10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
January 9, 2021, 5:23pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,244
Gold Stars: 10
My anger at this moment is firmly aimed in the direction of Holloway!!! He has put together the most spectacularly inept squad we've seen for decades!! It infuriates me he can go on SoccerAM, TalkSPORT and the like with a huge smile on his face, taking no responsibility for for destruction he has left!!

An absolute fraudster of a manager!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 94
chipsandgravy
January 9, 2021, 5:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,631
Gold Stars: 38
He has so much to answer for over the years but should be run out of Town for:-
1. To get promoted and miss the chance to build on it was criminal so much so he lost a decent manager.
2. To appoint Slade!
3. The Holloway year will go down as the biggest con to all supporters of this club.

The sooner him and all of his hanger ons go the better. I would rather accept relegation with a new consortium and decent management team then him to stay. At least I feel we would have a future!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 94
aldi_01
January 9, 2021, 5:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m pat rationalising his mistakes. Justifying them perhaps, I’m beyond logical discussions or being diplomatic or pragmatic. He’s a girl private. Simple as that.

A giant girl private. His sycophantic chums served only to massage that girl private.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 94
Saudimariner
January 9, 2021, 5:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +306
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Mr Fenty is you read this...

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

I fart in your general direction.  Now go away, or I will taunt you again!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 94
cmackenzie4
January 9, 2021, 5:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
If we are relegated again it would be unforgivable. Out of interest does anyone know how many teams In recent times have been relegated twice?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 94
BottesfordMariner
January 9, 2021, 5:34pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Today was another bitter defeat to take. Once again we have gifted a win to another poor side. Has happened far too much this season and going back beyond that tbh.

We had a bright 5 minutes at the start but shoot ourselves in the foot with urine poor defending to go a goal down and its like there's no way back for us it seems. At 2-0 I switched off as quite frankly I've seen this movie too many times and know how it ends.

Fenty should hold his head in shame as the state we find ourselves lays at his door. It may be too late for Hurst and the Consortium to get us out of this mess. What a legacy eh John. Likely relegated to non leaguer obscurity not once but twice. I would think about retiring somewhere else

Since we got back to the EFL in 2016 there doesnt appear to have been any real effort to move forward and progress. That was the reason Hurst left last time. And whilst I didnt like it at the time and for many fans remains a sore topic when i actually puase and think I dont blame Hurst any more for leaving last time. He wanted to improve himself (cant blame him for that) and felt he couldnt do that at Town. I now understand. Shrewsbury gave him an opportunity. He did well and it earned him a job in the Championship at Ipswich. Unfortunately they didnt back him financially and relegation followed. Theyve hardly torn up trees in L1 since he departed so probably not a fair reflection of his abilities. I hope however this season turns out the fans give Hursty some leeway as you can see from the season so far what a bag of shite he has inherited from Holloway and Fenty who i give equal blame for THIS season.

Neither the club or Holloway seem prepared for. this season. Yes we are in a pandemic....there are no fans in the stands and the financial impact that has. I am not oblivious. But it has been the same for every club. We seem to have dealt with the whole thing worse than anyone else.

First when last season ended abruptly we furloughed everyone (not alone in doing this mind)
Then when the players whose contracts expired we just let them walk away. No attempt to keep any. Several would have walked into current team. Sure IH would liked to have kept some.It was simply saving ££££. I dont know if Town thought they would remain available and would re-sign them when they knew football was re-starting. But shockingly other teams in the same position as us decided to start planning for the new season and had the audacity to sign them. We sat on our hands instead.

Those who remained under contract were told to take pay cuts. I am pretty sure now if Town could have done so and got away with it they would have simply released ALL the playing staff there and then contract or not.

Then when the season was about to start it was almost like Town were asleep and no planning went into Town's hastily arranged recruitment. No doubt hampered by financial restrictions enforced by Fenty and the board (to keep us sustainable of course) we end up assortment of unproven non leaguers and academy players who are simply not up to it. Where Holloway is culpable is bringing a shedload of below quality players and a bloated squad rather than using the clearly limited funds on getting fewer and better quality players. And some of those experienced pros we rightfully expected good things from like Rose and Williams have been underwhelming to put it mildly. In short Holloways signings have been a total shambles. His claim he had players and agents inundating him wanting to play for him seems a figment of Holloways vivid imagination. Bullshit artist.

He couldnt cope with the challenge of managing a football club in this situation and copulated off at the first opportunity.

Still I feel our chances of surviving are better with Hurst in charge than if Holloway had remained. We have half a season to turn it around . There are several teams in this league who are also excrement. But we need the new owners to take over asap and give Hurst the means to overhaul the team as best he can this month. My concern is the next handful of games we HAVE TO pick up points as we play teams at the bottom with us. New players are need NOW not the end of the month.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 94
Gaffer58
January 9, 2021, 5:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
I was going to write a real diatribe of Mr Fenty and Holloway’s last  year  in running ( or should that be ruining) our club, again it’s our club, the fans, as they are the one constant over time that will always be here, but then after watching today’s performance I thought, why bother, half the team didn’t so why should I.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 94
lew chaterleys lover
January 9, 2021, 6:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
Today was another bitter defeat to take. Once again we have gifted a win to another poor side. Has happened far too much this season and going back beyond that tbh.

We had a bright 5 minutes at the start but shoot ourselves in the foot with urine poor defending to go a goal down and its like there's no way back for us it seems. At 2-0 I switched off as quite frankly I've seen this movie too many times and know how it ends.

Fenty should hold his head in shame as the state we find ourselves lays at his door. It may be too late for Hurst and the Consortium to get us out of this mess. What a legacy eh John. Likely relegated to non leaguer obscurity not once but twice. I would think about retiring somewhere else

Since we got back to the EFL in 2016 there doesnt appear to have been any real effort to move forward and progress. That was the reason Hurst left last time. And whilst I didnt like it at the time and for many fans remains a sore topic when i actually puase and think I dont blame Hurst any more for leaving last time. He wanted to improve himself (cant blame him for that) and felt he couldnt do that at Town. I now understand. Shrewsbury gave him an opportunity. He did well and it earned him a job in the Championship at Ipswich. Unfortunately they didnt back him financially and relegation followed. Theyve hardly torn up trees in L1 since he departed so probably not a fair reflection of his abilities. I hope however this season turns out the fans give Hursty some leeway as you can see from the season so far what a bag of shite he has inherited from Holloway and Fenty who i give equal blame for THIS season.

Neither the club or Holloway seem prepared for. this season. Yes we are in a pandemic....there are no fans in the stands and the financial impact that has. I am not oblivious. But it has been the same for every club. We seem to have dealt with the whole thing worse than anyone else.

First when last season ended abruptly we furloughed everyone (not alone in doing this mind)
Then when the players whose contracts expired we just let them walk away. No attempt to keep any. Several would have walked into current team. Sure IH would liked to have kept some.It was simply saving ££££. I dont know if Town thought they would remain available and would re-sign them when they knew football was re-starting. But shockingly other teams in the same position as us decided to start planning for the new season and had the audacity to sign them. We sat on our hands instead.

Those who remained under contract were told to take pay cuts. I am pretty sure now if Town could have done so and got away with it they would have simply released ALL the playing staff there and then contract or not.

Then when the season was about to start it was almost like Town were asleep and no planning went into Town's hastily arranged recruitment. No doubt hampered by financial restrictions enforced by Fenty and the board (to keep us sustainable of course) we end up assortment of unproven non leaguers and academy players who are simply not up to it. Where Holloway is culpable is bringing a shedload of below quality players and a bloated squad rather than using the clearly limited funds on getting fewer and better quality players. And some of those experienced pros we rightfully expected good things from like Rose and Williams have been underwhelming to put it mildly. In short Holloways signings have been a total shambles. His claim he had players and agents inundating him wanting to play for him seems a figment of Holloways vivid imagination. Bullshit artist.

He couldnt cope with the challenge of managing a football club in this situation and copulated off at the first opportunity.

Still I feel our chances of surviving are better with Hurst in charge than if Holloway had remained. We have half a season to turn it around . There are several teams in this league who are also excrement. But we need the new owners to take over asap and give Hurst the means to overhaul the team as best he can this month. My concern is the next handful of games we HAVE TO pick up points as we play teams at the bottom with us. New players are need NOW not the end of the month.

A post that sums things up.

Regarding your last sentence, I have been very down about the lack of signings this week. To start the game today with Green as the frontman was ridiculous.

If Hurst had seen the last few games, and taken advice from Ben Davies etc. how was that allowed to happen? We are either going to get better players in or we aren't. We really do need to pay over the odds in wages, if we are to attract the quality we need to get out of this mess - no good fannying around for another couple of weeks (defeats) before we address the obvious truth that most of the team needs replacing.

Hurst has walked into an almost impossible situation but he needs to act fast - if we stumble on much longer and then the season is curtailed we could be down by default.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 94
MuddyWaters
January 9, 2021, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236

A post that sums things up.

Regarding your last sentence, I have been very down about the lack of signings this week. To start the game today with Green as the frontman was ridiculous.

If Hurst had seen the last few games, and taken advice from Ben Davies etc. how was that allowed to happen? We are either going to get better players in or we aren't. We really do need to pay over the odds in wages, if we are to attract the quality we need to get out of this mess - no good fannying around for another couple of weeks (defeats) before we address the obvious truth that most of the team needs replacing.

Hurst has walked into an almost impossible situation but he needs to act fast - if we stumble on much longer and then the season is curtailed we could be down by default.

There are players in our squad who should never play for the club again. Some didn’t even try today. They know who they are.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 94
blundellpork
January 9, 2021, 6:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from cmackenzie4
If we are relegated again it would be unforgivable. Out of interest does anyone know how many teams In recent times have been relegated twice?

Macclesfield and Barnet come to mind as teams who have dropped twice in the last c 10 years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO GetYourFactsRight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.