Reply: 10 - 43
Humbercod
January 6, 2021, 7:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 82
If Hurst could find another Cunnington, Cockerill, and a Tony Rees from  the lowers leagues then that would be league safety guaranteed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 43
friskneymariner
January 6, 2021, 7:40pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Brody would start a fight on his own but wouldn't want him anywhere near the team.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 43
RonMariner
January 6, 2021, 7:44pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,863
Gold Stars: 231
Not sure I agree with the language he used, but the point is about commitment and that is something lacking in sufficient degree lately.

But I suppose it's harder to show that desire and commitment when morale is low, when the team has been chopped and changed so much, when players are aware that many fans want them sent packing.

So building a successful and committed team involves not just bringing in new players, but  also building a cohesive team spirit. That too will be vital.  I think that Hurst's desire to work with a smaller squad is probably part of that process.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 43
male private Nale
January 6, 2021, 7:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Poojah
I've just stumbled across an old Tony Adams 'philosophy', the great philosopher that he is. It all rests on the concept that a team is not a 'team' until you have seven.

Not seven alcoholics, gambling addicts, drug addicts, jailbirds, defenders or anything else you'd associate with 1980s or 90s Arsenal, but seven players who'd be prepared to fight the opposition in the tunnel.

I think he may have a point. It's not about seven hardmen, but players who would be prepared to stick their neck on the line for their team mates and the team in general.

Who of our current lot would be piling in, and who would be slinking off to the dressing room pretending to notice? I certainly can't get to seven, I'm not sure I can even get to three, which I think is yet another depressing hallmark of the absolute travesty of a squad left behind by the deceitful one.

Verbosity appears to be one of your main attributes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 43
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
January 6, 2021, 7:45pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +877
Gold Stars: 123
[img]https://telecoms.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2016/10/cloud-fight.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 43
RonMariner
January 6, 2021, 7:48pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,863
Gold Stars: 231
Its that picture taken from a Rob Scott meet the fans evening?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 43
Poojah
January 6, 2021, 7:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,881
Gold Stars: 1,526
Quoted from male private Nale

Verbosity appears to be one of your main attributes

Ta.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 43
nightrider
January 6, 2021, 8:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Macca, Hendrie, Waterfall, Pollock, Hewitt, Clifton, Wright, Spokes, Gibson, Jackson Jr

We wouldn't have much of a team if that lot were suspended for the following two games
Prefer I if Mathew was involved

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 43
ginnywings
January 6, 2021, 9:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Macca, Hendrie, Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Seven

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.