4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerRob
January 4, 2021, 11:29am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
I think the person who 'outed' May and his connection to Fenty did us a massive favour.
It doesn't bear thinking about if May, Fenty and Runaway plans had gone ahead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
KingstonMariner
January 4, 2021, 11:35am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Indeed. Whoever got the news out did the favour.

Maybe the duty to be a whistleblower is higher than the duty to honour a NDA?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 4, 2021, 11:35am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23

I don't know about other posters but I am still trying to get my head round the Holloway situation.

Yes his managerial record was mixed, but we know ourselves how boardroom antics can play a huge part and all of his successes were at a higher level so that held weight. The idea that he was to move here, invest in the club and spoke of leaving a legacy would sway most Town fans to say wow, at last we have a new and exciting future to look forward to.

I could not understand the love in for Fenty, but I told myself he was just being considerate and would perhaps look to others to buy Fenty out in future years as the revolution got underway.

Yet here we are a year on, 23rd in division 4.

Amazingly though, the Holloway / May / Fenty saga has set off a chain of events that actually WILL bring about change, and change far greater that we could have imagined a year ago!

As Mrs LCL says, there is always a reason for everything although we cannot see it at the time.

Wise words from the lady there LCL

At the time of Holloway’s appointment we had just dispensed with the services of another rather younger PR mad manager. I have to admit gullibility here because I felt Holloway was going to be a figurehead on the football side, more a Director of Football than a manager. Last season that appeared to be what happened to a large extent. Limbrick was the coach and Ollie the public face.

It went pear shaped when furloughs began and especially when Limbrick went. Then the targets Ollie wanted in the summer declined his invitations and he was left with the lesser lights who were supposed to be bit part players. That was never going to work and in this Jan window Ollie would have had to do like Hurst, chop out the rot and get some new growth.

What I find hard to understand is Ollie’s part in the Fenty business. Over the past few months he will have seen his plans destroyed by Fenty cuts but has blamed Covid at every opportunity rather than the club’s reaction to it. Only when the Mayhem began did Ollie drift away from loyalty to Fenty and that leaves unanswered questions about how much Ollie knew of the Fenty/May plans and how much he knew about the consortium speaking with Hurst.

It is water under the bridge of course, new era, new start, New Fishy and all that. But sometime in the future I have a feeling a lot more may emerge about Town Centre Development, the new BP and regeneration meetings with officers and councillors.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
Eastendmariner
January 4, 2021, 11:49am
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
I actually spoke to him outside a pub in East London about two years ago ( Orient away ) I asked what he was up to since he had left Town.He mentioned that he had left the professional game and ventured into the media  as a writer. He said he still looked out for the Town score as he was interested how we as a club were doing A good guy was very happy to stand and chat Thanked him for being part of the Team that helped  us to regain league status and promotion. UTM

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
Boris Johnson
January 4, 2021, 11:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from MarinerRob
I think the person who 'outed' May and his connection to Fenty did us a massive favour.

Be great to know....who do people think it was

Tondeur
Findlater
Trust Board

can't see past the above to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
Boris Johnson
January 4, 2021, 11:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from MarinerRob

Tondeur
Findlater
Trust Board

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
jamesgtfc
January 4, 2021, 12:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,050
Gold Stars: 190
It doesn't matter who it was, if their identity was known they would never have to buy a match ticket or pint again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
HertsGTFC
January 4, 2021, 12:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
think that's as far as Gregor could have gone without crossing the line into liable to be honest.

The thing is with Holloway it' simple he didn't come here for the betterment of the football club he came because he thought he could invest some money and get a return on it when a new owner arrived.

He fell flat because he couldn't get his "so called" £100K in quick enough, as soon as the chance to get a return on investment disappeared he hopped it..

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
Mayaman
January 4, 2021, 12:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
He wrote an article previously on his time at Town.  Basically, he said when he signed for us he hated the idea,  We were beneath.  But during his time , he changed his opinion.  He realised how much it all meant to the fans and he by the end he loved pulling on the shirt and wearing those black and white stripes. He had me tearing up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
arryarryarry
January 4, 2021, 12:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Boris Johnson

Tondeur
Findlater
Trust Board

Two from 3 😉
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gregor Robertson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.