January 5, 2021, 10:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Rick12
Yes

Key is as long as players are trying that's all that can be asked.

oh what a tired and pathetic excuse, always get dragged out. Running around a lot is fine, not bothered if we lose 5 nil as long as you try.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 80
diehardmariner
January 5, 2021, 10:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,719
Gold Stars: 543
Bloody hell, I'd take Ben Tomlinson at the minute!

He wasn't great but he at least put a shift on.  From memory, the biggest issue with Tomlinson was that he was the man brought in by Hurst with the suggestion that he wanted Amond to work harder and set an example.  Amond had already scored a shed load at this point so it didn't go down well, nor the fact that Tomlinson couldn't hit a barn door.

Proudlock, Brodie, Onuora all offered something at some point.  Yes, even Brodie who looked pretty decent in his first couple of appearances.  

I'm with Tommy, I'm struggling to think of anyone less effective.  Spencer and even his like-for-like Michael Rankine were, if nothing else, absolute units that could have been an option to launch it to.  Green, sadly, doesn't offer even that.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 80
January 5, 2021, 11:18am
Guest User
Quoted from Boris Johnson

oh what a tired and pathetic excuse, always get dragged out. Running around a lot is fine, not bothered if we lose 5 nil as long as you try.

VVANKER

Reply: 52 - 80
Rick12
January 5, 2021, 11:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Boris Johnson

If your loosing 5-0 in the league your doing something wrong and need to analyse that.

Thing is Boris thats what football is all about. No effort no results. Iam not talking either about the physical side but the mental as well. Hence be professional of and on the pitch. Eat right and drink in moderation. You'll be surprised at the amount of drinking that goes on amongst professional footballers.

Put yourself in the footballers shoes eg the ones who genuinely try. You get up in the morning train hard, try to do everything right and still get vilified by some. Sucks the life out of you.

Always try to improve. That's all that can be asked.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 80
Hagrid
January 5, 2021, 12:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,524
Gold Stars: 544
Iffy Onorogh! Name from the past there, i liked Iffy

So much i cant spell his name
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 80
Mariner_501
January 5, 2021, 3:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Green will do very well to land a contract at a conference north club next season based solely on his name. Absolute garbage and him starting so much (why?) is a big reason we are where we are.

Shouldn’t be directly sent abuse, but the people aren’t wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 80
RonMariner
January 5, 2021, 7:17pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Unfortunately the guy is past his best.

But all forwards need good service, and this team simply does not deliver that. In that past year has any striker scored regularly for us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 80
ancientmariner54
January 7, 2021, 3:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -173
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Civvy at last
I never got near to being a professional chef. So if I pay for a meal that’s sh1t  are you saying I can’t complain??

UTM

Only if the GREENS were over cooked.   :
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 80
Northbank Mariner
January 10, 2021, 1:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Sorry all, but had to bump this.
He's absolutely garbage and proving it even more with every minute he gets on the pitch.  
Gibson did more in the 20 odd minutes on the pitch yesterday than Green offered in 70 odd.
Really hope Hurst has seen enough to drop him now, rather see Jackson Jr and Gibson paired together and let Green go enjoy his retirement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 80
MuddyWaters
January 10, 2021, 1:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,290
Gold Stars: 236
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's time to lay off Matt Green

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.