HertsGTFC
January 3, 2021, 12:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from nightrider
I'd be more inclined to waste my free time messaging abuse to Ian Holloway or whoever thought it was a good idea to give Bennett 4k a week. Surely that's wrong, half a million contract¿

For what it's worth I don't think matt will be good enough to play national North given his record here
He's a professional athlete being paid a lot of money,  who can't run

I may have missed this earlier in the thread but how do we know Bennett is on £4K PW?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 80
Swansea_Mariner
January 3, 2021, 12:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
Bennett is another much like Williams I've no idea what is up with him, he's only 30 so should still be in his prime. He seem tidy in bits and pieces but looks miles away from a 4k a week player.

He seems to be binning off his career though I can't imagine if he fails here he'll have many more league suitors.  To be honest he's my biggest disappointment this season as from what I've seen of him in the past he looked really decent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 80
Bristol Mariner
January 3, 2021, 12:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from NorfolkImp
I agree Agent Green ... (cough splutter) I mean Matthew Green is a thoroughly nice chap with a long and distinguished career in lower league football, has a young family, and errr tries hard or summat 🤷‍♂️ ... this isn’t the time for picking on individuals.

billy big balls Imp - off you trot

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 80
fishcake63
January 3, 2021, 12:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Not keen with his setplays be inclined to put preston on deadballs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 80
arryarryarry
January 3, 2021, 3:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I may have missed this earlier in the thread but how do we know Bennett is on £4K PW?

I don't rate Matt Green currently but personal abuse isn't necessary, however it's not just Town fans, you need to see the comments about Bennett on the Bristol Rovers forums when he signed for us. (not aimed at you Herts)
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 80
lew chaterleys lover
January 3, 2021, 4:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I’m not sure you can back up the bit I’ve highlighted above with any form of fact. If you say his first touch isn’t good enough or he’s indisciplined with the amount of fouls he gives away I’d get it.

Green’s full time career is pretty much over, I’ve seen Hemel Town a couple of times who are in the tier below the National League he’d do well at that level I think.

As well as Green you could say the same about a number of the current personally I think Rose falls into the same category as Green, it’s not his fault either.

I don’t think any player should get the stick Green  has had I would though be disappointed if he starts again unless injuries mean he has to.

Of course, it's impossible to prove with facts - that's why he does it!

He has been like this for a long time and it is very noticeable in his play.

All our opinions are just that - opinions - and mine of Green is that he doesn't try hard enough but always makes it look like he does.

There is no personal malice from me, it is not his fault we signed him years too late but he is going through the motions.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 80
HertsGTFC
January 3, 2021, 4:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

I don't rate Matt Green currently but personal abuse isn't necessary, however it's not just Town fans, you need to see the comments about Bennett on the Bristol Rovers forums when he signed for us. (not aimed at you Herts)

No problemo Sir!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 80
livosnose
January 3, 2021, 4:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,185
Gold Stars: 16
Bennett is on 4K a week at Bristol but we aren’t paying all his wages.

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 80
moosey_club
January 3, 2021, 4:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,317
Gold Stars: 229

Of course, it's impossible to prove with facts - that's why he does it!

He has been like this for a long time and it is very noticeable in his play.

All our opinions are just that - opinions - and mine of Green is that he doesn't try hard enough but always makes it look like he does.

There is no personal malice from me, it is not his fault we signed him years too late but he is going through the motions.

Personally i think the fact he exhausts alot of energy chasing sh!t passes or trying to win impossible high lofted balls over towering centre halfs takes its toll on his effectiveness and mindset.
In all honesty for the first half yesterday he kind of got one perfect ball into his feet running at goal , that was it.  Very little else. He should have done better with it but it was probably such a suprise he had to think what to do, not just instinctively shoot.
Also completely isolated in the formation.  He isnt a young player full of beans and pace, he isnt a back to goal target man , he can find a yard of space in the box but there is so little service you rarely get to find that out/ notice it.
Not saying he is great but he has rarely been played in a front two since he came here and until Morais arrived recently there has been very little service from out wide.
Playing up front, in a formation that doesnt suit you, asked to do a job that isnt really your strength/ game with a revolving door of partners/wide men/midfielders all incapable of providing you with decent service then hardly suprising his stats look awful.....but then who elses look any better in reality over the last few seasons ?
Was it their goal yesterday when Bennett missed that pass to him, played it behind him , you could see the frustration in his body language.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 80
HertsGTFC
January 3, 2021, 5:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Personally i think the fact he exhausts alot of energy chasing sh!t passes or trying to win impossible high lofted balls over towering centre halfs takes its toll on his effectiveness and mindset.
In all honesty for the first half yesterday he kind of got one perfect ball into his feet running at goal , that was it.  Very little else. He should have done better with it but it was probably such a suprise he had to think what to do, not just instinctively shoot.
Also completely isolated in the formation.  He isnt a young player full of beans and pace, he isnt a back to goal target man , he can find a yard of space in the box but there is so little service you rarely get to find that out/ notice it.
Not saying he is great but he has rarely been played in a front two since he came here and until Morais arrived recently there has been very little service from out wide.
Playing up front, in a formation that doesnt suit you, asked to do a job that isnt really your strength/ game with a revolving door of partners/wide men/midfielders all incapable of providing you with decent service then hardly suprising his stats look awful.....but then who elses look any better in reality over the last few seasons ?
Was it their goal yesterday when Bennett missed that pass to him, played it behind him , you could see the frustration in his body language.

It’s interesting what you cover off there, if you think of his goals verses Port Vale and Chelsea last season they would back up what you say about his strengths.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's time to lay off Matt Green

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.