5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
January 2, 2021, 10:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
There's an old saying , you don't know how good something is until it's gone.

Well we realised how good Hurst was when he left.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 48
PaceyMariner
January 2, 2021, 10:50pm
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 4
Not going to be a popular opinion I know, but find it a bit boring/irritating when clicking on a post thread and finding it full of puns like on this thread. Perhaps a separate subsection could be created for puns (like the Non Footy one on here).

I like humour as much as anyone, but would prefer to not trawl through a bunch of puns when reading opinions about the actual post subject.

*Waiting for a bombardment of red crosses*

Pacey <*))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 48
PaceyMariner
January 2, 2021, 10:57pm
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from PaceyMariner
Not going to be a popular opinion I know, but find it a bit boring/irritating when clicking on a post thread and finding it full of puns like on this thread. Perhaps a separate subsection could be created for puns (like the Non Footy one on here).

I like humour as much as anyone, but would prefer to not trawl through a bunch of puns when reading opinions about the actual post subject.

*Waiting for a bombardment of red crosses*

Posted this on the wrong thread, had a few beers. Whoops 😅

Pacey <*))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
arryarryarry
January 2, 2021, 11:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Yoda
if it’s cancelled we are down

https://giphy.com/gifs/mood-mEahVAkKjt0VL2o5Jk/fullscreen
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
lee65
January 2, 2021, 11:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from grimsby pete

I think we appreciate the honesty of Hurst, as that is a marked change to what we’ve “enjoyed” for the last 12 months, both on and off the field!
I also feel that Paul looks like he has become a little more relaxed during interviews, though this might not last if things don’t turnaround over the coming weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
jaf243
January 3, 2021, 1:51am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +73
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Poojah

This is very true, and no doubt this time last year we were all thrilled at the vibrancy and energy Holloway brought to the post-match interview compared to the defensive, dour Yorkshireman who used to manage us.

Part of this is just the fickle nature of football fans, and we’re all guilty of it. When you’ve just had something that’s gone disastrously wrong, it’s natural to warm to the polar opposite of that, and in football manager terms Paul Hurst is the complete antithesis of Ian Holloway.

But I think in the time since Hurst’s departure, and in particular the demise of Ian Holloway, we’ve learned something. Paul Hurst is not the world’s greatest orator, nor does he try to be.

He speaks with honesty, sometimes to his detriment, but if the past couple of weeks have taught me anything it’s that authenticity is more important than the slickness or entertainment value of a man’s words.

Ultimately, I do honestly believe he’s what we need right now, just as Alan Buckley was in 1997. Since 1988, some 33 years, only Buckley has done more tangible good for the club than Paul Hurst. Only those two managers, and perhaps Michael Jolley, have left it in a better state than they found it. That says a lot about the running of the club over the years, but credit where credit’s due.

What we need right now is a plan, structure, effort, and sound recruitment. More often than not, we got those things from Paul Hurst and his teams. Whether the football or the post-match interviews were always entertaining is out there for debate, but also absolutely irrelevant right now.

January is a massive month. We play all of the bottom five (minus ourselves, obviously) plus Port Vale who are 17th. Keep in mind the season may not even run beyond that or even that far, the next few games are absolutely crucial.

Got to say poojah, you are always completely bang on. Ever considered writing a weekly column?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 48
mariner83
January 3, 2021, 8:24am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from moosey_club
Shame he didnt just say " god its worse than i thought, the last bloke really has left me with a pile of sh!t to sort out"

He pretty much did, just not as direct as that.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
aldi_01
January 3, 2021, 8:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think Hurst has been honest yet diplomatic.

If you got him on his own, away from cameras etc I’m sure he’d say this side is flipping woeful and the previous regime have left the place in a disgrace.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
monkeyboy
January 3, 2021, 9:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Sounds like he defended our current strikers a bit the saying it’s mostly the the team not the strikers. Can’t hit the target if you don’t get the service can you?

Hoping Hanson gets a run without injury and with that I think him and Jackson could be very good.

Sorry I don’t see Matt green as a decent player and will leave it at that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
Humbercod
January 3, 2021, 1:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from grimsby pete

Hope this isn’t one of those “this hasn’t aged well posts” come the end of the season.😬

Just out of interest Pete with you being one of the older members have you ever heard of the old dog on a pitch saying? New one on me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hursty interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.