December 31, 2020, 1:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from paul1717

Who is M C Chapman?
Mr Michael Christopher Chapman is a race horse trainer (according to company house) and is located at Market Rasen just across the road from the course.
He his held in very high esteem by the biggest bookmakers in the country as being a guaranteed profit maker for their companies.
The last horse that he sent to the races and won with was on the 8th Nov 2018 the time before that was 24th June 2016. If my memory serve me right on both occasions it was on the eve of a blue moon.
More recently he has had little success with 200 runners and not a winners to show for it.

He had a very strange way when sending out the training invoice to the owners that the cheque had to be made out to M Chapman and not M C Chapman and I believe there where three M Chapman's living at the address during the time of my dealings with him.
He made the local press a number of years ago when he had one of his lunar winners that the horses success had been achieved by feeding it with Royal Jelly capsules!
It is said that before becoming a race horse trainer he was well known for being an insurance salesman although wikipedia cannot confirm this hence (unconfirmed).
With not wanting to go on any more I hope this clarifies who our small shareholder (£500 in 2002) on the board his, that being, a race horse trainer with no known ability of being a horse whisperer.  

Thanks for replying but I was actually being a little on the sarcastic side as I'm not sure anyone would know him if they walked past him in the street never mind at BP.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
Davec
December 31, 2020, 1:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from cannylad68
Had quite a few minute shares in different horses over the years, but now shares are way too expensive.

I was at Southwell one day with a runner, got chatting to Michael, when he suggested that we transfer the horse to him, 'I'm a good trainer I am ' was his remark.

I made a lot of friends through ownership's, and notably a Newmarket trainer now retired, who still remains a very good friend.

Does Michael Chapman seriously regard himself as a good trainer? His record is absolutely terrible. I suppose he has passion for it mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
cannylad68
December 31, 2020, 1:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Horse racing again.

Some years ago I had a share in a successful racehorse called 'Glenbuck'.

Bill Shankly's birth place. There is a statue in the village of Bill in the village.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
Caveman
December 31, 2020, 7:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from paul1717

I had one like that but it was at Southwell on a New Years day.
Don't think it went to the glue factory though, could have finished up in Tesco burger for all I know.
Alas, I still got one of those invoices.
Do we have any other board members who have an interested in the equine world?
To use a local saying, "Bit of a rum lad is our Michael".

In 2007 I took the plunge and bought a decent share in my first racehorse.

Since then I have had a further six horses mainly with two of the North's
top trainers, Kevin Ryan and David O'Meara. Over the years and with a
couple of the horses turning out to be decent I've enjoyed meetings all over
the country, including four big meetings at Ascot and about a dozen at York

Standing in the parade ring, and better still the winner's enclosure is something
very special, especially when you've pipped Sir Alex Fergy's and Camilla's horse.

Better still, standing with Shaun Pearson and Macca in the stand at Ripon watching
our horse burst through to win. Not surprisingly Shaun nearly hit the roof, and more
surprisingly, Macca was as cool as a cucumber.

Brilliant !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
Gaffer58
January 1, 2021, 9:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Looking at his horse training record and the performance of some of our players over the years I wonder if he’s been helping out on the training ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
jamesgtfc
January 1, 2021, 9:33am
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Gaffer58
Looking at his horse training record and the performance of some of our players over the years I wonder if he’s been helping out on the training ground.

Looking at the pitch this season, I wonder if he's had his horses training on that too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
moosey_club
January 1, 2021, 9:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,317
Gold Stars: 229
Well if it keeps him employed as a business despite seemingly being awful at it then he must make money out of it somehow......🤔

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
Davec
January 1, 2021, 9:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
Well if it keeps him employed as a business despite seemingly being awful at it then he must make money out of it somehow......🤔

Probably earns his living by selling the horses for a profit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
GrimExile
January 1, 2021, 10:03am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from paul1717

Who is M C Chapman?
Mr Michael Christopher Chapman is a race horse trainer (according to company house) and is located at Market Rasen just across the road from the course.
He his held in very high esteem by the biggest bookmakers in the country as being a guaranteed profit maker for their companies.
The last horse that he sent to the races and won with was on the 8th Nov 2018 the time before that was 24th June 2016. If my memory serve me right on both occasions it was on the eve of a blue moon.
More recently he has had little success with 200 runners and not a winners to show for it.

He had a very strange way when sending out the training invoice to the owners that the cheque had to be made out to M Chapman and not M C Chapman and I believe there where three M Chapman's living at the address during the time of my dealings with him.
He made the local press a number of years ago when he had one of his lunar winners that the horses success had been achieved by feeding it with Royal Jelly capsules!
It is said that before becoming a race horse trainer he was well known for being an insurance salesman although wikipedia cannot confirm this hence (unconfirmed).
With not wanting to go on any more I hope this clarifies who our small shareholder (£500 in 2002) on the board his, that being, a race horse trainer with no known ability of being a horse whisperer.  

My God I’ve got £500 in shares, does that mean I can have a seat on the board?!! #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
Davec
January 1, 2021, 10:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from GrimExile

My God I’ve got £500 in shares, does that mean I can have a seat on the board?!! #UTM

Phillip Day our chairman only has 3k shares, so if you make yours up to 3K you could be chairman!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Chapman

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.