Northbank Mariner
December 29, 2020, 11:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I once sat in a creditors meeting in Leicester (not football related) where I was owed £35,000

The CEO of the business looked us all unashamedly in the face, saying very little other than sorry but it can’t be helped. I wasn’t the largest creditor far from it.

He then trotted off to East Mids Airport, flew out to Majorca, to sit on his luxury yacht

Please don’t tell me it’s not criminal. Well maybe not always, unless proven in court as being wrongful trading or directors culpable. But when you are sat there hurt by a business deliberately put into administration, especially a pre-pack administration, then you feel very definitely that a crime has been committed against you

The quoted line below is not mine, it's what didn't make it into your post...tad distasteful and aggressive don't you think?..now please, stop trying at every turn to somehow defend Alex May. The man is a serial conman, changed his name twice and has caused untold misery to hundreds of people, be it by financial deviant of through the mental pain of those old people who thought they could loose their properties.

"So feck off yourself Richard head
"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
forza ivano
December 29, 2020, 11:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from ginnywings
Speaking of all things Codalmighty, todays diary is interesting, especially the last part. Was posted before the big news came obviously.

http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=7774

forgive me for bigging myself up here...

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1609027085/

plus comments made on boxing day and before, as to why he might be so keen on settling up quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
Poojah
December 29, 2020, 11:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,877
Gold Stars: 1,523

I once sat in a creditors meeting in Leicester (not football related) where I was owed £35,000

The CEO of the business looked us all unashamedly in the face, saying very little other than sorry but it can’t be helped. I wasn’t the largest creditor far from it.

He then trotted off to East Mids Airport, flew out to Majorca, to sit on his luxury yacht

Please don’t tell me it’s not criminal. Well maybe not always, unless proven in court as being wrongful trading or directors culpable. But when you are sat there hurt by a business deliberately put into administration, especially a pre-pack administration, then you feel very definitely that a crime has been committed against you

So feck off yourself Richard head

Rather naive to leave yourself open to such an exposure. I’d suggest monitoring client credit status more closely, imposing more robust payment terms or even investing in credit insurance. The latter isn’t cheap but from personal experience is saved me having to lay off tens of people this tumultuous year.

Fail to prepare and all that.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
promotion plaice
December 29, 2020, 11:45pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from Croxton
Just turned on...

Not holding back and speaking from recent research about new owners and current.

Missed it, anyone got a link?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
KingstonMariner
December 29, 2020, 11:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Phil’s moral compass must have a rotating magnet on it.

First he thinks it’s ok to defraud financial institutions, then he (rightly in my opinion) says it’s morally wrong to deliberately go into admin knowing that many businesses will not be paid what they’re owed, then he says it’s ok to pay late putting those same businesses under intolerable pressure.

Way to go pal. Someone better check everything has been handed over when he leaves the hallowed halls.

As another reprobate said once at Blundell Park, ‘it’s about the trust’.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
KingstonMariner
December 29, 2020, 11:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

Unless he has changed his job since he and I last spoke he has to be very careful about how much he says about tax issues and tax information

He can report what is happening if it’s in the public domain.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
TownSNAFU5
December 29, 2020, 11:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Paying invoices to small businesses and sole-traders should always be a priority for a larger business.  These small companies depend on income from invoices submitted as the money represents a greater share of their assets.

These companies are vulnerable. They do not have the time or money for taking legal action.

Large companies have the economies of scale to absorb the impact of late payments. They also generally include an element of late payments in their pricing structure.  They can resort to legal action if essential to secure payment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
gtfc98
December 30, 2020, 12:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68

Being late to pay is a bit different than not paying.

Cash flow management. Hard but sometimes necessary

it's only legitimate cash flow management if you've agreed it with your supplier. If they're threatening to sue then you haven't and as a result it's unethical.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
aldi_01
December 30, 2020, 8:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Wow...that moral compass must be extremely confused and conflicting...some might say broken...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
CodAlmighty
December 30, 2020, 9:08am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from promotion plaice

Missed it, anyone got a link?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p090zwf7

About 20 minutes in, but worth listening to John Tondeur and Gary Croft as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tony Butcher on RH

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.