4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
December 29, 2020, 6:28am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
Why pay through Oldham’s site and give them £ ? Just boycott the game entirely.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
Plankton
December 29, 2020, 6:48am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Why pay through Oldham’s site and give them £ ? Just boycott the game entirely.

Because GTFC has a very big fanbase for its size as a club, it always has and at times it doesn't deserve it.... I've sat for a bit I think, and actually, you're right. Stop any penny going into the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
denni266
December 29, 2020, 8:02am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Not one penny more .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
lee65
December 29, 2020, 10:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from forza ivano

i think that because you go via the oldham site you are automatically registered as an away follower.The revenue from the first 500 sales from Oldham go GTFC,once they have exceeded 500 sales the revenue then starts going to Oldham.
the other thing to bear in mind that we are one of the biggest sellers of ifollow, with about 1100 sales (?). but most teams will get over 500, so by buying via Oldham the money is more than likely to end up in the Latics' pockets rather than Fenty's

Cheers, sorry, as with another poster I thought we were away!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
buckstown
December 29, 2020, 11:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,237
Gold Stars: 80
Think a lot of people are tinkering round the edges here. My policy is that until the club has new owners in place GTFC does not exist. Don't pay for ifollow, not even listening through the GTFC ifollow although I've paid for the season. I'll be a passionate Mariners fan until I draw my last breath but it'll be the BBC website for odd updates at best.  It's slightly easier because the current incumbents have put together the worst town side in my living memory. Starve them of oxygen like they don't exist
Definitely don't respond to GTFC trolls attempting to divide fans!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
December 29, 2020, 12:09pm
Guest User
Confused .com , surely any money coming into GTFC , helps staff wages, ground upkeep, players wages etc. it dosent immediately go into Fentys pocket does it?.  Are we hurting the Club not the real target. As i said im confused .com. Please clarify .
Reply: 25 - 36
ginnywings
December 29, 2020, 12:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 4055
Confused .com , surely any money coming into GTFC , helps staff wages, ground upkeep, players wages etc. it dosent immediately go into Fentys pocket does it?.  Are we hurting the Club not the real target. As i said im confused .com. Please clarify .

Yes, but if we don't contribute, he has to. The club is run on fan money, the board input is zero, although they get to decide what to do with our money. The outcome of their decisions is continuous dire football and relegation battles. Stop feeding them. Starve em out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
oochiad
December 29, 2020, 12:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
I’ve paid for my season ticket so can’t do anything about that and so I shall watch in the hope that supporting the team(not Fenty) will help with three points that we desperately need. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
Mikey_345
December 29, 2020, 12:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,576
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 4055

Personally I’ve kept my money I would have used to one side. If and when a sale is completed I will give this to the club so not to have an impact on them - whilst fenty is involved though there won’t be another penny going from me to the club I’m afraid.

As fan’s we’ve already done more than our fair share. Buying season tickets knowing it’s unlikely we can use them, buying shares or donating to various fund raising activities.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
KingstonMariner
December 29, 2020, 1:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from oochiad
I’ve paid for my season ticket so can’t do anything about that and so I shall watch in the hope that supporting the team(not Fenty) will help with three points that we desperately need. UTM!

Fair enough. Don’t blame you. Watching won’t help the team of course.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Oldham iFollow Boycott

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.