Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should the trust be disbanded.?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 253 Guests

Should the trust be disbanded.?

This thread currently has 9,598 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
December 30, 2020, 10:47am
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

I am not a member as I wouldn't join after the shares to JF fiasco, however I would just like to pick up on some of the points you have made.

Firstly, you say "sign up and have your say" well according to some members on here they never hear from the Trust to ask for their opinion apart from the shares to JF vote.

Secondly they "work with Grimsby Town for the betterment of our beloved club", well that isn't working at the moment, heading back to the National League and nearly a convicted fraudster getting involved with the club.

Thirdly I do appreciate the Trust has done some sterling work and if it was someone from the Trust that tipped off the press about that conman then well done on that point.

Thank you for taking time to read and reply. Have a safe 2021.
Reply: 70 - 76
moosey_club
December 30, 2020, 11:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,318
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from barralad

Knowing you Swin I feel sure you are incorporating the Trust membership in your general umbrella of "The Trust". If not it is time for my periodic reminder to the contributors to this rather disappointing thread that the fate of the shares was put to the membership and the members at the time decided overwhelmingly to give up the shares. From memory the result was overwhelming with support "for" being over 80%. It's called democracy and it is completely irrelevant that the Trust had a far smaller number of members then than at any time since.
The donation to the Trust of the shares came completely out of the blue. I was rung at 11 p.m. at night by the then secretary to receive the news.
If all of those who repeatedly line up on here to criticise that aspect of the Trust had all joined perhaps the result would have been different.
People are of course entitled to their opinions but it is my experience that opinions are easiest to come to when in possession of a few facts.
The accusation that the two members of the Trust Board who are on the Board of GTFC would seek to benefit from freebies is a strange one. The notion that two fans of the club would give up their normal match day traditions antagonising the members they represent in the process is beyond parody.
As Ginny says it amounts to open season on here at the moment. If I had a pound for every thread of a similar vein that Yoda starts I'd offer to join Shute's consortium.

I will start with ....I am not and never have been a member of the trust. Largely due to the fact that i felt there would be very little sway on the current board.

I was going to put what you have basically put, it was voted on, so whoever was on the board followed its members clear majority vote.

However, given common belief that the presence of Alex May was tipped off by an inside man/woman, potentially one of the trust board members then in this act alone they have earnt their stripes should this takeover sale now go through.

I would hope the new consortium would wish to work with the trust in a more open way where their opinions can at least be heard prior to the club making decisions, ie checkatrade trophy , where the trust were made to look clueless by having to put out a statement saying they knew nothing about it but would have opposed after the event.

Should the new consortium accept the trust positions then I will certainly become a new member.

Barra.....do you think there is any scope for the trust to employ someone to deal with communications, membership renewals etc even on a part time basis?  As the commonly seen gripe is people saying they have heard nothing etc.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 76
GYinScuntland
December 30, 2020, 11:34am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Plankton
It's time that anyone that has good ties with the club to cut them. The Trust has always done its best, but it's clear from top to bottom that we need a clear-out and strategies how we drag the club into the 21st Century. We're a shower and let's just have the administrators in if that's what needs doing. John Fenty is a stain on this town and anyone that associates with him.

We're 20 years into it already if you hadn't noticed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 76
arryarryarry
December 30, 2020, 12:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
I think the Trust need to re evaluate its raison d'etre, work out whst it's mission is and work towards those goals.  Seats on the board should be kept as they are the Trust, and therefore it's members voice.  They can put the trust's point of view and vote in accordance to the trust's interests.
Well done to the Trust for their hard work behond the scenes in bringing all parties to the table, and keeping them talking.

According to some Trust members on here, they don't hear from the Trust itself so how can the two GTFC board members put the Trust's point of view when the members aren't asked anything?
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 76
GrimRob
December 30, 2020, 12:52pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,454
Gold Stars: 115
Here's the fans charter. Reading between the lines it implies that the Trust will take up any fans issues which are put to it by individuals. It doesn't mention any mechanism to determine wider views.

[img]https://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/SUNDAY-APRIL-10-201611-oclock-in-the-morninggrace-victory-churchMalvern-PA-19355.png[/img]

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 74 - 76
arryarryarry
December 30, 2020, 1:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,050
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from GrimRob
Here's the fans charter. Reading between the lines it implies that the Trust will take up any fans issues which are put to it by individuals. It doesn't mention any mechanism to determine wider views.

[img]https://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/SUNDAY-APRIL-10-201611-oclock-in-the-morninggrace-victory-churchMalvern-PA-19355.png[/img]

Isn't that only about how fans should behave at football matches and how the club should behave towards the fans?
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 76
lew chaterleys lover
December 30, 2020, 1:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
These sorts of organisations soon descend into petty infighting, power struggles, and in this case cosying up to and not representing the interests of the fans against a terrible owner.

The people that matter is the fans who attend the matches, the ones who shell out hard-earned money to watch their team. Of course the members are fans but any decision they make or want to make should go to the fans more generally. That is extremely difficult I hear you say. Indeed it is, that is why groups like this are a complete waste of time.  
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should the trust be disbanded.?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.