Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Calculate the interest
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 262 Guests

Calculate the interest

This thread currently has 18,819 views. Print
22 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 12:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
I’m just going to play the Devils Adviocat for a bit.

Benign loans is an interesting term that comes up time and again in regards to the money that John Fenty has loaned to Grimsby Town Football Club.

Benign loans is certainly not a term that is used in the world of commercial lending. It appears to be a term John himself used in respect of the money he is loaning to the club, not his share purchases.

It got me thinking as I’ve had a wee bit of commercial borrowing experience in business myself.

First of all, I guess that the more intelligent amongst us probably realise that high street banks and commercial lenders would never realistically lend these sums of money to Town. We just aren’t a viable proposition, with no security either.

So, John Fenty has stood in and took the place of commercial lenders that wouldn’t touch a football club like ours with a barge pole. He has done so out of his own pocket, and he’s called them benign loans.

Benign in terms of no pressure to pay off any of the capital sum whilst he is still involved at the club. You don’t get that privilege when taking out a commercial business loan. You are expected to reduce the capital sum outstanding every single month.

Benign in terms of John’s agreement to not charge a single penny in interest. You certainly don’t ever get commercial loans at zero % interest. Can you image asking a bank to give you a loan with no repayments for god knows how many years and at zero interest?

Now I know that I’m going to be accused yet again as being pro board. I’m not, infact I’m fairly chilled about it. As I’ve said elsewhere, it doesn’t matter to me if we get new owners or not, just as long as they can do financially, at the very minimum, that what John Fenty has done.

So my questions are this,

1: If John hadn’t made these loans what he calls benign, then could Grimsby Town FC have been able to keep up with the monthly repayments?

2: What sum of money has Grimsby Town Football Club saved in interest charges on the huge capital sum that John Fenty has lent Grimsby Town Football Club at zero %. It must be mega. Especially on what is a sum that has hardly ever reduced significantly.

3: This is the big one. New owners. In paying off John Fenty’s loans, it’s a fair assumption that the loans will still sit on the Grimsby Town FC books, but now owing to you. So my question to the new owners is this. In respect of money you will have to lend to Grimsby Town FC, are you prepared to make these benign too, without monthly capital and interest repayments, where interest is going to be zero %. No pressure to repay whilst your consortium is involved in the club?

Maybe these are questions John Fenty expects to be answered too. Maybe these are the assurances he also seeks to protect the football club he loves.

As I said, just being Devils Advocate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
December 28, 2020, 12:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
IF the loans are truly benign then he won't care when he gets them back or at what rate.

This is not the case though is it, Mike Parker ring any bells. You know someone who gifted the trust $500K worth of shares with no conditions.

Remember where the benign loans come from, John hired and fired who he liked over the last couple of decades, and paid up players to get shot of them, he did this off his own back and should bear the consequences of that.

I'm sure if the deal goes through John will be paid the £200 K for the shares he got free off the trust so deduct that from any interest rates you want to add to his benign loans and shove it up your pro board bottom.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 217
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 28, 2020, 12:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
The ‘club he loves’!

Calculate the cost of the free advertising and use of the club on his crusade to local political positions.

Calculate the damage he has done to the reputation of the town and the club.

Calculate the loss of a whole generation of potential young fans because of his inept regime.

The list goes on...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 217
GrimRob
December 28, 2020, 12:54pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,460
Gold Stars: 115
You could debate this until the cows come home and there is no "correct" answer. He's got a decent deal and should take it.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 217
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 12:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Ok, Phil Night. Very interesting that you want the new owners to do what JF has done financially, for the club. What about what he’s done for the football side? No man who loves GTFC would have allowed the club to fall into non league, let alone spend six years there losing thick end of £3 million in revenue.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 12:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93
IF the loans are truly benign then he won't care when he gets them back or at what rate.

This is not the case though is it, Mike Parker ring any bells. You know someone who gifted the trust $500K worth of shares with no conditions.

Remember where the benign loans come from, John hired and fired who he liked over the last couple of decades, and paid up players to get shot of them, he did this off his own back and should bear the consequences of that.

I'm sure if the deal goes through John will be paid the £200 K for the shares he got free off the trust so deduct that from any interest rates you want to add to his benign loans and shove it up your pro board bottom.

Far too simplistic in your view/opinion

If he never wanted the money back, then the money would never have been called loans. They are loans and the very essence of a loan is that one day it has to be repaid.

You also have to factor in that theses loans are legal loans listed in the accounts. You can’t just wipe them out without accounting for them. They form part of the business liabilities
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 12:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
The ‘club he loves’!

Calculate the cost of the free advertising and use of the club on his crusade to local political positions.

Calculate the damage he has done to the reputation of the town and the club.

Calculate the loss of a whole generation of potential young fans because of his inept regime.

The list goes on...

That’s just emotional poppycock. Not a rational business argument
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 217
Marinerz93
December 28, 2020, 12:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
The ‘club he loves’!

Calculate the damage he has done to reputation of the town and the club.

Calculate the loss of a whole generation of fans because of his inept regime.

The list goes on...

Calculate all the freebies of home and away games for him and his family / friends

Calculate the wining and dining

Calculate the job opportunities for family members at the club.

Calculate the free parking home and away for directors right out side the grounds or travelling on the team coach.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 12:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
You could debate this until the cows come home and there is no "correct" answer. He's got a decent deal and should take it.

So it doesn’t bother you if newco comes along, and expects all of a sudden to start taking out monthly payments with interest ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 217
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2020, 12:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
He fought for control of the club. He got it. The debt built up and up under his tenure.  So any debt should be for him to cover not the club or it’s new owners.

Then there’s the point about Parker. £1m in shares versus £775k for Fenty (he didn’t pay for the other £200k).

These other guys have got much more capacity to support the club than Fenty. Know-how, money, experience. And they can do it ethically.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Calculate all the freebies of home and away games for him and his family / friends

Calculate the wining and dining

Calculate the job opportunities for family members at the club.

Calculate the free parking home and away for directors right out side the grounds or travelling on the team coach.

Oh my word that is hysterical

Do you know you are talking about a man with a high net worth in excess of £50 million

And you are suggesting he is motivated by free tickets and car parking spaces 😂😂😂

Do you know how funny that sounds 😂😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
He fought for control of the club. He got it. The debt built up and up under his tenure.  So any debt should be for him to cover not the club or it’s new owners.

Then there’s the point about Parker. £1m in shares versus £775k for Fenty (he didn’t pay for the other £200k).

These other guys have got much more capacity to support the club than Fenty. Know-how, money, experience. And they can do it ethically.

That’s not how things work though is it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 217
December 28, 2020, 1:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

The probable reason interest wasn’t charged on the loan was that Fenty didn’t want to be taxed on the additional personal income
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 217
Ipswin
December 28, 2020, 1:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters
. What about what he’s done for the football side? No man who loves GTFC would have allowed the club to fall into non league, let alone spend six years there losing thick end of £3 million in revenue.

Whoa Steady, on there we are about to repeat that any time soon

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 217
December 28, 2020, 1:07pm
Brandy Drinker

I thought he ‘loved the club’. I didn’t realise it was a business vehicle for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 217
blundellpork
December 28, 2020, 1:10pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32

Benign loans is an interesting term that comes up time and again in regards to the money that John Fenty has loaned to Grimsby Town Football Club.

Benign loans is certainly not a term that is used in the world of commercial lending. It appears to be a term John himself used in respect of the money he is loaning to the club, not his share purchases.

It got me thinking as I’ve had a wee bit of commercial borrowing experience in business myself.

First of all, I guess that the more intelligent amongst us probably realise that high street banks and commercial lenders would never realistically lend these sums of money to Town. We just aren’t a viable proposition, with no security either.

So, John Fenty has stood in and took the place of commercial lenders that wouldn’t touch a football club like ours with a barge pole. He has done so out of his own pocket, and he’s called them benign loans.

Benign in terms of no pressure to pay off any of the capital sum whilst he is still involved at the club. You don’t get that privilege when taking out a commercial business loan. You are expected to reduce the capital sum outstanding every single month.

Benign in terms of John’s agreement to not charge a single penny in interest. You certainly don’t ever get commercial loans at zero % interest. Can you image asking a bank to give you a loan with no repayments for god knows how many years and at zero interest?

Now I know that I’m going to be accused yet again as being pro board. I’m not, infact I’m fairly chilled about it. As I’ve said elsewhere, it doesn’t matter to me if we get new owners or not, just as long as they can do financially, at the very minimum, that what John Fenty has done.

1: If John hadn’t made these loans what he calls benign, then could Grimsby Town FC have been able to keep up with the monthly repayments?

2: What sum of money has Grimsby Town Football Club saved in interest charges on the huge capital sum that John Fenty has lent Grimsby Town Football Club at zero %. It must be mega. Especially on what is a sum that has hardly ever reduced significantly.

3: This is the big one. New owners. In paying off John Fenty’s loans, it’s a fair assumption that the loans will still sit on the Grimsby Town FC books, but now owing to you. So my question to the new owners is this. In respect of money you will have to lend to Grimsby Town FC, are you prepared to make these benign too, without monthly capital and interest repayments, where interest is going to be zero %. No pressure to repay whilst your consortium is involved in the club?

Maybe these are questions John Fenty expects to be answered too. Maybe these are the assurances he also seeks to protect the football club he loves.

To answer question 2, assuming a consistent loan of £1.5m, at a consistent 4.5% interest cost (noting base has moved between 0.1 and 0.75% over the last decade), the cost over a 10 year period would be £675,000.

To then answer question 1, there will have been some years that our accounts show this could have been serviced, and some where it couldn’t. As has been posted many times, c £800k has been repaid in recent years which shows that over time they interest could have been serviced. However, at commercial lending rates, less of the capital sum would have been paid down.

How the debt has built and whether it was right have been done to death, but the interest savings from the benign loans vs those incurred commercially would not be insignificant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Look as a supporter of many years I want to know a bit more about the consortium coming in.

Crikey, the fact that two of three consortium have a lot of money does not impress me.

Mike Ashley trumps the financial clout of all of this consortium put together. But Newcastle fans are thoroughly urined off with the way he runs things up there.

Don’t just assume that these are knights on white horses.

I want to know what their motivation is. I want to know why they want our club. I want to know how they will support if financially and what are the terms of any loans that they have to extend to the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 217
December 28, 2020, 1:12pm
Brandy Drinker

If he never wanted the money back, then the money would never have been called loans. They are loans and the very essence of a loan is that one day it has to be repaid.

You also have to factor in that theses loans are legal loans listed in the accounts. You can’t just wipe them out without accounting for them. They form part of the business liabilities

They can be written-off though can’t they, Philip / Stephen?

If the loan to the company is written-off the company will have a non-trading loan relationship credit equal to the amount written off.

JSF will crystalise a capital loss equal to the amount of the loan written off. This will be available to set off against capital gains arising in the year of write-off or in subsequent years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 217
GrimRob
December 28, 2020, 1:14pm

So it doesn’t bother you if newco comes along, and expects all of a sudden to start taking out monthly payments with interest ?

It probably would but it's a hypothetical situation. It's obvious that whoever takes over has to keep the fans reasonably happy otherwise they revolt and refuse to put more money in. What is not hypothetical is that the current regime is finished.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 18 - 217
December 28, 2020, 1:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Look as a supporter of many years I want to know a bit more about the consortium coming in.

Crikey, the fact that two of three consortium have a lot of money does not impress me.

Mike Ashley trumps the financial clout of all of this consortium put together. But Newcastle fans are thoroughly urined off with the way he runs things up there.

Don’t just assume that these are knights on white horses.

I want to know what their motivation is. I want to know why they want our club. I want to know how they will support if financially and what are the terms of any loans that they have to extend to the club

I agree that proper due diligence needs to be done. Although I don’t trust anyone from the selling side to be able to do that given that previously they can’t even be bothered to find out that their business partners are convicted fraudsters.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 217
Marinerz93
December 28, 2020, 1:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Is it too simplistic or calling out what he has said, the loans will be paid back, they agreed on that.

The loans are against club assets so in fact interest isn't due is it if the loan is tied up which it is as he now owns the club assets. Fenty wants the loans paying up sooner than what was offered as the new consortium have wealthy men involved, is Fenty not wealthy any more, is he desperate, and the benign loan is no longer benign when there is a timescale put on it. Fenty could help the club out here for a change and say, you know what, pay me back 100K a year until the loans have been repaid or you know what, you the new consortium purchase X amount of shares and I will convert an equal amount of my loan in to shares to match you, is that too simplistic or does Fenty want the readies, remember what happened when Parker bought shares as a means to putting money into the club and what was agreed by Fenty.

I noticed you brushed over the bit about getting £200k of shares of the trust that he will cash in on making more out of that than any interest he would have got out of at any borrowing rate offered by the bank. So not all bad Fenty eh.

It all seems like the actions of a desperate man who would rather cling to power even though he has been called out,called out twice now by the new consortium. Just go John and give the fans a bright new start to 2021.

Private Message
Reply: 20 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from blundellpork

To answer question 2, assuming a consistent loan of £1.5m, at a consistent 4.5% interest cost (noting base has moved between 0.1 and 0.75% over the last decade), the cost over a 10 year period would be £675,000.

To then answer question 1, there will have been some years that our accounts show this could have been serviced, and some where it couldn’t. As has been posted many times, c £800k has been repaid in recent years which shows that over time they interest could have been serviced. However, at commercial lending rates, less of the capital sum would have been paid down.

How the debt has built and whether it was right have been done to death, but the interest savings from the benign loans vs those incurred commercially would not be insignificant.

Spot on that mate, and maybe even a bit conservative.

Answer me this if you can also. Whilst the accounts show loan repayments at various stages, do they detail those lump sum repayments as being repaid to John Fenty?

Did Mike Parker and the Mullins provide loans to the business too? If so could all or some of those repayments detailed in the accounts be repayments to them? Genuinely don’t know the answer to that question. But it’s probably wrong to assume that any loan repayments paid at any stage were money paid back to John Fenty. I’m happy to have this aspect clarified though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Is it too simplistic or calling out what he has said, the loans will be paid back, they agreed on that.

The loans are against club assets so in fact interest isn't due is it if the loan is tied up which it is as he now owns the club assets. Fenty wants the loans paying up sooner than what was offered as the new consortium have wealthy men involved, is Fenty not wealthy any more, is he desperate, and the benign loan is no longer benign when there is a timescale put on it. Fenty could help the club out here for a change and say, you know what, pay me back 100K a year until the loans have been repaid or you know what, you the new consortium purchase X amount of shares and I will convert an equal amount of my loan in to shares to match you, is that too simplistic or does Fenty want the readies, remember what happened when Parker bought shares as a means to putting money into the club and what was agreed by Fenty.

I noticed you brushed over the bit about getting £200k of shares of the trust that he will cash in on making more out of that than any interest he would have got out of at any borrowing rate offered by the bank. So not all bad Fenty eh.

It all seems like the actions of a desperate man who would rather cling to power even though he has been called out,called out twice now by the new consortium. Just go John and give the fans a bright new start to 2021.

Fenty does not own the assets of the club no. The PLC owns the assets.

He may hold fixed and floating charges over those assets in the event the club goes bust. That’s a usual requirement for any lender. But that certainly wouldn’t benefit him unless the club went bust, and he’s never shown any appetite to take the club under financially. Even then, he would be behind chief creditors in the pecking order such as HMRC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 217
December 28, 2020, 1:22pm
Brandy Drinker

Do you know you are talking about a man with a high net worth in excess of £50 million

And you are suggesting he is motivated by free tickets and car parking spaces 😂😂😂

It’s a shame his moral worth is so much lower than his net worth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 217
blundellpork
December 28, 2020, 1:22pm

Table Wine Drinker

Answer me this if you can also. Whilst the accounts show loan repayments at various stages, do they detail those lump sum repayments as being repaid to John Fenty?

Did Mike Parker and the Mullins provide loans to the business too? If so could all or some of those repayments detailed in the accounts be repayments to them? Genuinely don’t know the answer to that question. But it’s probably wrong to assume that any loan repayments paid at any stage were money paid back to John Fenty. I’m happy to have this aspect clarified though

I haven’t looked at the accounts before replying, but from memory the only loans in place are from Fenty, whereas the support from Parker and Mullen were via shares (and Mullen also contributing towards OP). As such, I believe those Director loan repayments have gone to Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 217
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2020, 1:30pm
Meths Drinker

Now you’re just being obtuse John.

Parker did nor make a loan. He bought the shares as you well know. Millin leant a relatively small amount which was paid back when he left the board.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 217
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2020, 1:32pm
Meths Drinker
Here’s a question for you El Noche:

How much of the loans were from Fenty owned companies and therefore could avoid on tax liabilities? That could save far more than any amount of interest.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 217
IlkleyMariner
December 28, 2020, 1:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Ok after an initial post and 23 responses, we seem to have

1. Fenty is still owed £1.5 mill
2. If he had charged 4.5% interest he would have earned £670k or so which he has waived.
3. The overall debt which peaked at well over £2 million has been paid off in part.

Cutting to the chase if the consortium agree to pay the £1.5 million what’s the gripe from fenty?
The fans and consortium are apparently ok to ignore all the money Fenty has wasted over the years and the £200,000 of free shares he seems to have magically acquired from Mike Parker.so long as it gets rid of him.

John and Fillipe, just sign the takeover papers and stop whinging.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from blundellpork

I haven’t looked at the accounts before replying, but from memory the only loans in place are from Fenty, whereas the support from Parker and Mullen were via shares (and Mullen also contributing towards OP). As such, I believe those Director loan repayments have gone to Fenty.

Fair enough and I suspect you may be right. Be nice to know though

Your little conservative calculation is quite revealing though.

I wonder if any other potential owner over the years, Mike Parker and all, would have been prepared to forgo that amount of interest income had they have hung around as long as Fenty has

People throw away the term too loosely that there wouldn’t be a Grimsby Town now if it wasn’t for Fenty. That quick calculation of zero interest charges alone put it all into a bit of perspective

When you think about it, when it comes to new owners we are actually looking for someone, or a consortium that are prepared to

A: buy the majority shareholders

B: put in £1.5 million of loans over the next three years, without expecting any capital sum repayments unless the business can afford it. And will not charge us a penny in interest.

If that is what they are willing to do, then that’s great. Welcome aboard.

That makes us just stand still though and maintains the current financial status quo. Is there anything else that they are prepared to bring to the table to take us forward. Because of they don’t, and if we don’t move any further forward, then there’s gonna be a lot of fickle keyboard warriors quickly giving them the same sort of treatment that they are giving John Fenty and the present board of directors
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Here’s a question for you El Noche:

How much of the loans were from Fenty owned companies and therefore could avoid on tax liabilities? That could save far more than any amount of interest.

You tell me ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Ok after an initial post and 23 responses, we seem to have

1. Fenty is still owed £1.5 mill
2. If he had charged 4.5% interest he would have earned £670k or so which he has waived.
3. The overall debt which peaked at well over £2 million has been paid off in part.

Cutting to the chase if the consortium agree to pay the £1.5 million what’s the gripe from fenty?
The fans and consortium are apparently ok to ignore all the money Fenty has wasted over the years and the £200,000 of free shares he seems to have magically acquired from Mike Parker.so long as it gets rid of him.

John and Fillipe, just sign the takeover papers and stop whinging.

Depends

Do you want John to sign off on this if the consortium are going to expect regular monthly repayments with 5% interest?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 217
Brandy Drinker

You tell me ?

*cough* Employee Benefit Trust *cough*
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 217
KingstonMariner
Meths Drinker

So if he has a net worth of over £50m* why did he need to wheedle £200k worth of shares from the Trust? Why doesn’t he just give them back now? If he is supposedly above taking benefits like free tickets and parking.

If he gave the shares back, that’d save the consortium £200k which they can put aside for underwriting an overdraft. If you, sorry, he was acting in the best interest of the club, and wanted to go  he would do that.

* by the way what’s your source for his net worth?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 217
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2020, 1:39pm
Meths Drinker
Clearly this Buenas Noche character is just part of the PR campaign by Fenty for when he pulls out of the deal. He’s waving that ‘no proof of funds’ thing again and probably building up got a claim got interest payments too.

I’m happy to have egg on my face about this, but I reckon Fenty will pull out of the sale.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 217
Marinerz93
December 28, 2020, 1:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from blundellpork

Thank you for sharing that and although interesting, It didn't start at 1.5 million it has built up to that over 20 years, please do the calculations based on yearly accounts of how much had been added in each year, £200k will more than cover that and interest rates can be done a lot cheaper than 4.5 if you shopped around.

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 217
ska face
December 28, 2020, 1:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
All this talk about it being “our club” is tragic - for at least two of the three involved in the consortium it’s THEIR club too. They just have the means & willingness to clear out the dead wood & run it in a way they see fit.

What is their motivation? Maybe just wanting to see the back of Fenty & his gang of failures who have proven, without question, that they are SHIITT. They’re not up to the job & Fenty has said plenty of times how much he wants out. I imagine if most on here won the euromillions then Fenty would be sent packing too.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 217
December 28, 2020, 1:44pm
Brandy Drinker

They can be written-off though can’t they, Philip / Stephen?

If the loan to the company is written-off the company will have a non-trading loan relationship credit equal to the amount written off.

JSF will crystalise a capital loss equal to the amount of the loan written off. This will be available to set off against capital gains arising in the year of write-off or in subsequent years.

You don’t seem to have responded to this one Philip / Stephen? You are probably out of touch with NTLR rules and Weaver Root is probably shut today...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 217
Marinerz93
December 28, 2020, 1:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face
All this talk about it being “our club” is tragic - for at least two of the three involved in the consortium it’s THEIR club too. They just have the means & willingness to clear out the dead wood & run it in a way they see fit.

What is their motivation? Maybe just wanting to see the back of Fenty & his gang of failures who have proven, without question, that they are SHIITT. They’re not up to the job & Fenty has said plenty of times how much he wants out. I imagine if most on here won the euromillions then Fenty would be sent packing too.

This and well said Ska.

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:45pm
Table Wine Drinker

So if he has a net worth of over £50m* why did he need to wheedle £200k worth of shares from the Trust? Why doesn’t he just give them back now? If he is supposedly above taking benefits like free tickets and parking.

If he gave the shares back, that’d save the consortium £200k which they can put aside for underwriting an overdraft. If you, sorry, he was acting in the best interest of the club, and wanted to go  he would do that.

* by the way what’s your source for his net worth?

Question for anyone that is a member of the Mariners Trust committee

If John Fenty gave you £200,000 worth of shares, how would you finance your HMRC tax bill for receiving a gift of shares and a capital gain? Bucket collection?

Would you accept the return of those shares? Or because you cannot afford to pay the tax on the gift of those shares, would you refuse them?

Did John Fenty actually help the Mariners Trust out in accepting those shares before the Mariners Trust became liable for the tax on the gift from Mike Parker ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 217
December 28, 2020, 1:49pm
Brandy Drinker

If John Fenty gave you £200,000 worth of shares, how would you finance your HMRC tax bill for receiving a gift of shares and a capital gain? Bucket collection?

If Fenty was a reasonable man he would divorce his wife, marry Dave Roberts and the ‘gift’ would be a spousal transfer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 217
December 28, 2020, 1:51pm
Brandy Drinker

Which begs the question, what was the actual reason why the Trust’s shares were transferred to Fenty?

Was it coercive?

Who advised the Trust / Fenty? Weaver Root? For both ‘sides’?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Thank you for sharing that and although interesting, It didn't start at 1.5 million it has built up to that over 20 years, please do the calculations based on yearly accounts of how much had been added in each year, £200k will more than cover that and interest rates can be done a lot cheaper than 4.5 if you shopped around.

I think you need to get your facts right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 217
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2020, 1:52pm
Meths Drinker

If John Fenty gave you £200,000 worth of shares, how would you finance your HMRC tax bill for receiving a gift of shares and a capital gain?

Is that his reason for not giving them back? Really?! Mike Parker didn’t feel the need to hold back on the grounds the trust might have incurred a tax liability when he gave them £500,000 worth of shares.

Supplementary question for you. If you were concerned at the time that ‘control would lie outside the boardroom’ why didn’t you just invite the Trust into the board? That would have been quite simple.

Why instead did you feel the need to threaten to sell our star player if you didn’t get your way?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 217
Marinerz93
December 28, 2020, 1:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker

If Fenty was a reasonable man he would divorce his wife, marry Dave Roberts and the ‘gift’ would be a spousal transfer

You mean that didn't happen, I thought Dave Roberts was Russian, what was that about then.

Private Message
Reply: 43 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:53pm
Table Wine Drinker

Which begs the question, what was the actual reason why the Trust’s shares were transferred to Fenty?

Was it coercive?

Who advised the Trust / Fenty? Weaver Root? For both ‘sides’?

Probably because Fenty helped the Trust out quickly in order that they weren’t liable for a whopping great HMRC capital gains bill for receiving the gift of shares from Mike Parker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:55pm
Table Wine Drinker

Is that his reason for not giving them back? Really?! Mike Parker didn’t feel the need to hold back on the grounds the trust might have incurred a tax liability when he gave them £500,000 worth of shares.

Supplementary question for you. If you were concerned at the time that ‘control would lie outside the boardroom’ why didn’t you just invite the Trust into the board? That would have been quite simple.

Why instead did you feel the need to threaten to sell our star player if you didn’t get your way?

Why are you talking to me as though I’m John Fenty?

That’s really tickled me pink 😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 217
IlkleyMariner
December 28, 2020, 1:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Not sure this post is getting anywhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 217
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2020, 1:58pm
Meths Drinker

Why are you talking to me as though I’m John Fenty?

That’s really tickled me pink 😂😂

Why don’t you answer the questions, whatever your name is. You know. Just in your role of Devil’s Advocate.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 217
Fillipe Noche
Table Wine Drinker
Anyone had the intelligence yet to calculate the gift of Trust shares from Mike Parker over to John Fenty. To deduct that from the total Mike Parker share gift. Then work out how many shares that left the trust with.

Then reconcile that with any HMRC capital gain tax thresholds ?

Might be something in it 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 217
Lincoln Mariner 56
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82

Depends

Do you want John to sign off on this if the consortium are going to expect regular monthly repayments with 5% interest?

If it means Fenty has gone from this club then it’s a small price to pay. We heard all about the unavailability of a rainy day fund from the Consortium first time around and what have we witnessed when it was required?

A disaster both on and off the field and the simple fact is the majority of fans want Fenty gone and if that requires us fans forking out a bit more to support the club I believe that will be fine with the majority of fans as well. If JF is of the opinion this will blow over and he can retain his control of the club and continue as if nothing has happened I think he will be in for a rude awakening.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 217
KingstonMariner
Meths Drinker
Not sure this post is getting anywhere

Probably right ilkely. Same old team Fenty avoiding questions.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 2:00pm
Table Wine Drinker

Why don’t you answer the questions, whatever your name is. You know. Just in your role of Devil’s Advocate.

I can’t answer questions I don’t know the answer to. I think you might now be confusing me with Lloyd Griffiths
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 217
Swansea_Mariner
December 28, 2020, 2:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63

Probably because Fenty helped the Trust out quickly in order that they weren’t liable for a whopping great HMRC capital gains bill for receiving the gift of shares from Mike Parker

Quite clearly this fan base has proved time and again it can substantial funds whenever it chooses too why would this be any different.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 2:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Quite clearly this fan base has proved time and again it can substantial funds whenever it chooses too why would this be any different.

Ah a further gift for HMRC to look into
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 217
SomeSanity
December 28, 2020, 2:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855

So what does motive JF? In your expert opinion when it comes to the progression of our Football Club what motives the current administration?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 217
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2020, 2:03pm
Meths Drinker

I can’t answer questions I don’t know the answer to. I think you might now be confusing me with Lloyd Griffiths

Your imagination must have taken a holiday  since you started this thread then! You started it by saying that you were posing the question as Devil’s Advicate. Then why can’t you answer a question as Devil’s Advocate?

Seems to me you are out of ideas. Like your leader (if you are not Fenty himself).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 217
Swansea_Mariner
December 28, 2020, 2:05pm
Whiskey Drinker

So now you're actively deriding the fund raising efforts of fans that underpinned the club at the start of this season and operation promotion, are you actually a fan?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 217
Marinerz93
December 28, 2020, 2:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Worth is one thing what someone will actually pay for something is another, anyway worth excess 50 million and saddles the club with loans, surely a man of such magnificent wealth should be gifting the pocket change and not being so tight fisted!!!

Private Message
Reply: 57 - 217
blundellpork
December 28, 2020, 2:09pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

It was intended as a simple calculation to arrive at a ballpark figure. Whether the end result is 500k or 2m is immaterial really as it is simply what if’s and maybe’s. As someone with many years experience in the finance sector, I doubt a league 2/ conference club could borrow at rates materially better than 4.5%.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 217
friskneymariner
December 28, 2020, 2:13pm

Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Have you ever thought alternatively how a man  who you state purportedly has net assets of £50 million can let his reputation be traduced in every corner of the world  where a Grimbarian lives for the sake of a couple hundred thousand pounds. This is not only his reputation but the Fenty legacy for generations to come.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 217
December 28, 2020, 2:14pm
Brandy Drinker

Ah a further gift for HMRC to look into

Not really.

Mike Parker or AN Other could just have claimed Holdover / Gift Relief on the transfer of the shares.

The Trust would then have a potential Chargeable Gain but if they kept the shares ad finitum the gain wouldn’t have crystallised.

New owners wouldn’t have to buy (or be gifted) the shares from the Trust. The Trust could just keep that small shareholding.

Instead JSF just skims off another £200k of free benefits from the Club, either due to self interest or poor professional advice. Maybe that was the Root of the problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 217
December 28, 2020, 2:16pm
Brandy Drinker

Your imagination must have taken a holiday  since you started this thread then! You started it by saying that you were posing the question as Devil’s Advicate. Then why can’t you answer a question as Devil’s Advocate?

Seems to me you are out of ideas. Like your leader (if you are not Fenty himself).

If this is Fenty someone else is pressing the keys
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 217
Marinerz93
December 28, 2020, 2:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from blundellpork

It was intended as a simple calculation to arrive at a ballpark figure. Whether the end result is 500k or 2m is immaterial really as it is simply what if’s and maybe’s. As someone with many years experience in the finance sector, I doubt a league 2/ conference club could borrow at rates materially better than 4.5%.

I appreciate what you have done, one way to be financed is if they were to remortgage BP what would the interest rates over the last decades, be bearing in mind they have been well below 4.5%

Also why loans, why not shares, Mike Parker put his agreed investment in shares so why did Fenty opt for loans as this was the cause of the fall out as it made MP have more shares than Fenty which meant article 9 was triggered, was this an over sight by Fenty or a means to force MP to buy Fenty's shares and as MP was a wealthy man force him to pay up the benign loan, is that why MP gifted £500k worth of shares to the trust and was never seen again. Not a financial wizard but it all seemed engineered at the time.

Private Message
Reply: 62 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 2:23pm
Table Wine Drinker

So now you're actively deriding the fund raising efforts of fans that underpinned the club at the start of this season and operation promotion, are you actually a fan?

No I’m not. The efforts of our fan base to raise money are truly incredible, me included.

What I’m doing is simply pointing out that if we gift income, then the receiver of that gift may well be subject to taxation  on that income
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 217
immariner
December 28, 2020, 2:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Benign loans, business loans, ineptitude funding (my preference), directors loans, whatever euphemism you want to use, the reality is that there's no alternative narrative to the fact that they were built up due to John's poor running of the football club. Had a little more money been proactively invested in the 2006-10 period instead of constantly cycling between penny-pinching and wasteful January panic buys and manager sackings, we'd have never ended up in non-league and the "loans" wouldn't have spiralled by over a million quid. I'm not going to thank him for covering his own failings and then putting it on the balance sheet as a liability for the club.

Who takes over a lower league football club, one that gets relegated to non-league under their stewardship, and reasonably expects to come out of it even? If you truly care John, take responsibility, swallow your pride, take pennies in the pound on your shares and move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 2:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from blundellpork

Agreed.

I doubt the club could borrow money from a financial institution at all.

Wasn’t it Lincoln City whose bank told them very clearly that they needed to find alternative lending ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 217
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 2:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Strange transformation from Devil’s Advocate to someone well in the know during this thread. Think someone has let their cover slip.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 217
HertsGTFC
December 28, 2020, 2:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228

Clearly the history books validate what you describe above.

You’ve actually (conveniently) left out quite a lot of important history relating to John’s impact during his time at the helm.

Personally I wouldn’t be too bothered if we paid interest on the clubs funding under new owners as long as the playing budget gives a new manager a fighting chance and the club moves forward.

If paying interest on loans is what it takes to get rid of this board I’d take the chance.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 217
IlkleyMariner
December 28, 2020, 2:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Strange transformation from Devil’s Advocate to someone well in the know during this thread. Think someone has let their cover slip.

Interesting that Fillipe has only started posting today.
Where has he been all these years? Or could it be someone with a vested interest who is posting under an alias?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 217
December 28, 2020, 2:36pm
Brandy Drinker

Wasn’t it Lincoln City whose bank told them very clearly that they needed to find alternative lending ?

Dunno, I’m not the one who has had cosy dinners with Alick Kapikanya and Colin Dodd, former suitors of the Imps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 2:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Cover? I can whole heartedly assure you that I am not John Fenty or any other board member. Neither am I having my strings pulled by anyone at the club

I’m quite capable of having an opinion, but I appreciate that sometimes opinions don’t sit easily with people who hold differing opinions

As I’ve said time and again, I would be happy with any new owner that commits to support the club financially as JF has at the very minimum
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 217
December 28, 2020, 2:45pm
Brandy Drinker

Cover? I can whole heartedly assure you that I am not John Fenty or any other board member. Neither am I having my strings pulled by anyone at the club

I’m quite capable of having an opinion, but I appreciate that sometimes opinions don’t sit easily with people who hold differing opinions

As I’ve said time and again, I would be happy with any new owner that commits to support the club financially as JF has at the very minimum

You’re clearly someone who has access to the accounting records of the Club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 217
Posh Harry
December 28, 2020, 2:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Looking at his posts I am convinced that this guy isn’t John Fenty. They are mostly literate and well constructed without any semblance of aggression when not getting his own way.

But it wouldn’t surprise me if it someone, maybe in a snooker room somewhere, is being told what to write and then tweaking it to make it look ‘better’ than the actual words being used.

He (could be a woman for all we know) has stated a couple of times that he is not concerned about who owns the club, in which case he is clearly not a fan of the club. You can’t be a fan of the club without having some sort of concern about who owns the club (even if you are ambivalent to whether it is the consortium, or god forbid, fenty). In which case it likely to be one of his inner circle of trust.

For my part, I have not made much comment on this whole situation. Up until recently I had no ill feeling towards Fenty, and even thought he sometimes got a rough deal, but the last couple of weeks have sucked all my love for the club out of me. I am looking at results shrugging my shoulders. I used to be proud to tell people I support GTFC, I now find it very difficult to feel the same way and that kills me.

The whole reason for this is John Fenty, and I am now at the stage that until he is gone, the love of my life will not be the same.

I know I am not the only one who feels this.

Mr Night (or whatever), please pass on my feelings to your friend/employee/business associate, as he is playing with people’s lives, feelings, emotions. He may not care, but he should. He claims that he is a custodian of the club. He may have even believed this, but he can’t anymore. If he stays he will kill the club. That is not the actions of a custodian.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 2:49pm
Table Wine Drinker

You’re clearly someone who has access to the accounting records of the Club

The accounting records of the club are public record.

But in any event I’ve merely asked the questions and it’s others who have answered them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 217
Marinerz93
December 28, 2020, 2:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Whilst I appreciate a different view as that what makes the board so interesting, you however, joined today and every post seems to have financial inside information and is fully bias towards the current regime, at least switch it up a bit Mr Marley or are you a troll.

Private Message
Reply: 74 - 217
IlkleyMariner
December 28, 2020, 2:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Fillipe
We have managed without any of your input since 1878 and don’t really need any more of your detective work. Thanks anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 217
December 28, 2020, 2:53pm
Brandy Drinker

The accounting records of the club are public record.

But in any event I’ve merely asked the questions and it’s others who have answered them

The reduced filing disclosure of the financial statements is on Companies House.

But I wasn’t talking about the financial statements.

Some of your comments suggest access to the accounting records behind the financial statements.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 2:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Posh Harry
Looking at his posts I am convinced that this guy isn’t John Fenty. They are mostly literate and well constructed without any semblance of aggression when not getting his own way.

But it wouldn’t surprise me if it someone, maybe in a snooker room somewhere, is being told what to write and then tweaking it to make it look ‘better’ than the actual words being used.

He (could be a woman for all we know) has stated a couple of times that he is not concerned about who owns the club, in which case he is clearly not a fan of the club. You can’t be a fan of the club without having some sort of concern about who owns the club (even if you are ambivalent to whether it is the consortium, or god forbid, fenty). In which case it likely to be one of his inner circle of trust.

For my part, I have not made much comment on this whole situation. Up until recently I had no ill feeling towards Fenty, and even thought he sometimes got a rough deal, but the last couple of weeks have sucked all my love for the club out of me. I am looking at results shrugging my shoulders. I used to be proud to tell people I support GTFC, I now find it very difficult to feel the same way and that kills me.

The whole reason for this is John Fenty, and I am now at the stage that until he is gone, the love of my life will not be the same.

I know I am not the only one who feels this.

Mr Night (or whatever), please pass on my feelings to your friend/employee/business associate, as he is playing with people’s lives, feelings, emotions. He may not care, but he should. He claims that he is a custodian of the club. He may have even believed this, but he can’t anymore. If he stays he will kill the club. That is not the actions of a custodian.

UTM

Posh Hazza

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don’t have any direct or indirect route to pass on your message to Fenty. I’m sorry but I’m just a fan like you pal.

I haven’t said I don’t care who owns the club by the way. I’ve said I don’t care who owns the club as long as they support it financially at minimum in the same way as Fenty has. To have anyone run our small club financially less than it is at present would be financial suicide
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 217
December 28, 2020, 2:56pm
Brandy Drinker

Posh Hazza

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don’t have any direct or indirect route to pass on your message to Fenty. I’m sorry but I’m just a fan like you pal.

I haven’t said I don’t care who owns the club by the way. I’ve said I don’t care who owns the club as long as they support it financially at minimum in the same way as Fenty has. To have anyone run our small club financially less than it is at present would be financial suicide

Would you support a regime that was being investigated by the Monitoring Officer at NE Lincs Council?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 2:57pm
Table Wine Drinker

The reduced filing disclosure of the financial statements is on Companies House.

But I wasn’t talking about the financial statements.

Some of your comments suggest access to the accounting records behind the financial statements.

Be specific please? Where have I said anything at all that would require access to the accounting records?

You’ll be suggesting I’m Steve Wraith next 😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 217
Swansea_Mariner
December 28, 2020, 2:57pm
Whiskey Drinker

No I’m not. The efforts of our fan base to raise money are truly incredible, me included.

What I’m doing is simply pointing out that if we gift income, then the receiver of that gift may well be subject to taxation  on that income

So what that's self evident, if people want to support the Trust by giving them money to either buy shares or pay any taxes incurred by the gift of shares then that's up to them. It's the same principle as supporting  the club through fundraising.

I have zero doubt that if the Trust had needed to raise money at that time then they could  have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 217
ska face
December 28, 2020, 3:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
If you’ve such a head for numbers, maybe try calculating how much money Fenty has cost the club by being, demonstrably, fuccking hopeless at running the club.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 217
December 28, 2020, 3:06pm
Brandy Drinker

Be specific please? Where have I said anything at all that would require access to the accounting records?

For one you allege that there was an HMRC investigation into the Parker—>Trust—>Fenty share transactions. Only someone on the inside would know that.

If I alleged that I would be sued by Fenty and Day so I am glad you have decided to disclose that yourself.

Unless you were referring to a different investigation that you have knowledge of...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 217
Rodley Mariner
December 28, 2020, 3:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
What makes me suspicious that Philip Night must be linked to Fenty, Day or Marley isn't his knowledge of the club accounts but the sneering, condescending tone which suggests he thinks he's better than other town fans. They all seem to be able to nail that one at will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 3:10pm
Table Wine Drinker

Would you support a regime that was being investigated by the Monitoring Officer at NE Lincs Council?

Frankly that doesn’t interest me in the slightest. The only thing that bothers me is football business

Whatever NE Lincs Council was or wasn’t up to with the Alex May geezer is sodomist all to do with the football club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 217
December 28, 2020, 3:11pm
Brandy Drinker

Frankly that doesn’t interest me in the slightest. The only thing that bothers me is football business

Whatever NE Lincs Council was or wasn’t up to with the Alex May geezer is sodomist all to do with the football club

Haha. You are Philip Day!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 217
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 3:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker

But he was attending games at the football club while we weren’t 🤔
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 217
Rodley Mariner
December 28, 2020, 3:13pm
Special Brew Drinker

So you'll be appalled that a convicted career criminal was about to become a major shareholder presumably?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 217
December 28, 2020, 3:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

But he was attending games at the football club while we weren’t 🤔

Technically he was allowed to be there because Kapikanya was on business with his best mate John Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 217
davmariner
December 28, 2020, 3:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Suspect this is Philip Day desperately clinging on to his position as chairman and position on the board. Philip, just take you and your other smug Fentyite board members and leave the club. No one cares what you have to say. Who are you to question the motivations of the consortium? Two words. Alex May.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 217
Fishy clapper
December 28, 2020, 3:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14

Who?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 3:27pm
Table Wine Drinker

For one you allege that there was an HMRC investigation into the Parker—>Trust—>Fenty share transactions. Only someone on the inside would know that.

If I alleged that I would be sued by Fenty and Day so I am glad you have decided to disclose that yourself.

Unless you were referring to a different investigation that you have knowledge of...

No I haven’t. Where have I mentioned an HMRC investigation? Show me please

You see, this is exactly where rubbish originates and gets blown up wrongly. It’s so typical of the he said you said brigade

You are clueless mate

Read it again and get your facts right. No Fenty pun intended
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 217
IlkleyMariner
December 28, 2020, 3:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Folks
Stop feeding the original poster
He will soon get fed up and go for a glass of wine or frame of snooker soon enough.
This topic is going nowhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 3:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
What makes me suspicious that Philip Night must be linked to Fenty, Day or Marley isn't his knowledge of the club accounts but the sneering, condescending tone which suggests he thinks he's better than other town fans. They all seem to be able to nail that one at will.

I’m suggesting no such thing. But I appreciate my opinion may not be popular with you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 217
December 28, 2020, 3:30pm
Brandy Drinker

You see, this is exactly where rubbish originates and gets blown up wrongly. It’s so typical of the he said you said brigade

You are clueless mate

Is that your polite way of telling me to shut up Stephen / Philip? Those anger management courses that you took after the fans forum have (almost) worked
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 217
December 28, 2020, 3:32pm
Brandy Drinker

You are clueless mate

Page 6
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 217
grimsby pete
December 28, 2020, 3:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
So philipe or whatever your name is I have kept out of this until now.

BUT

What I have noticed is you did not join the fishy until a few hours ago and you say you are a supporter of many years.
You are not bothered who runs the club and certainly not a Fenty.

You have in all your posts defended Fenty  and on some of them informed us you have a lot of knowledge of borrowing money.

So I think you must be the convicted fraudster May or whatever your name is today and I claim my five pound reward.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 217
lew chaterleys lover
December 28, 2020, 3:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,780
Gold Stars: 237
I've just come back from an afternoon out and found a 10-page thread started by a Fenty supporter, or most probably colleague. How lovely!

In a way I can understand how one might come to the aid of a friend, perhaps to set the record straight. In this case though, there is no defence.

Not too many fans are bothered with the financial machinations that go on behind the scenes; what they do want is some success on the field and some comfort to watch it. Mr Fenty has failed on all accounts, and some. The only good thing was his saving of the club from administration all those years ago, but in hindsight even that was a mistake given the stranglehold on the club he has had ever since, coinciding with the worst time of our long and illustrious history.

I think I read that the new poster said his client was worth upwards of 50 million pounds? That makes everything that has happened a whole lot worse doesn't it? I assumed he did not have that much money, and that was why he is so miserly with it but with 50 million to play with what the hell has he been playing at?
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 217
Stockport Mariner
December 28, 2020, 3:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8

Would you accept the return of those shares? Or because you cannot afford to pay the tax on the gift of those shares, would you refuse them?

Did John Fenty actually help the Mariners Trust out in accepting those shares before the Mariners Trust became liable for the tax on the gift from Mike Parker ?

The trust wouldn’t pay any Capital Gains Tax when they received the shares. If Mike Parker had died within 7 teats of gifting them, the Trust may have had to pay Inheritance Tax on them at 40% (though this tapers down from year 3). Capital Gains Tax would only be due if the Trust subsequently sold them at a profit (if they received them for free than any amount they sold at would potentially be liable for CGT. I’m not sure how the Trust is set up as a legal entity, but “Trustees pay 10% Capital Gains Tax on qualifying gains if they sell assets used in a beneficiary's business, which has now ended.”  So if they sold them for £200,000 the CGT payable would be £20,000, leaving a tidy profit of £190,000. I’m not an accountant but that’s how I understand it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 217
arryarryarry
December 28, 2020, 3:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117

So you don't give a toss that John Fenty and Phillip Day were happy to have a convicted fraudster invest in Grimsby Town. Perhaps HMRC should be looking into where those funds were coming from.

Secondly I'm no financial wizard or accountant but surely any shares gifted to the Trust may only be liable for capital gains tax when those shares were sold and as £200,000 of their shares were gifted to John Fenty then there wouldn't be any financial gain only I presume to John Fenty if he sells them?

Thirdly in all the cost of how much JF has put into the club you seem to be forgetting that his running of the club has cost it millions of  pounds in lost revenue. If we hadn't been relegated into the National League he may well have had his loans paid off years ago?
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 217
Stockport Mariner
December 28, 2020, 3:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
Years not ‘teats’!    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 3:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
So philipe or whatever your name is I have kept out of this until now.

BUT

What I have noticed is you did not join the fishy until a few hours ago and you say you are a supporter of many years.
You are not bothered who runs the club and certainly not a Fenty.

You have in all your posts defended Fenty  and on some of them informed us you have a lot of knowledge of borrowing money.

So I think you must be the convicted fraudster May or whatever your name is today and I claim my five pound reward.

Bingo you’ve got it, I’m Alex May
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 217
SomeSanity
December 28, 2020, 3:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Forget the shares, forget the loans, forget the past 15 of treading water, forget who the current incumbents are.

It all boils down this:

Is a change of ownership, a change of direction and input of fresh ideas in the best interest of this Football Club?

Its a simple Yes or No answer.

For those who think no, why no. It is honestly that simple.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 217
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 4:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Bingo you’ve got it, I’m Alex May

Jeez Louise. Of all that’s going on, we’ve now got some muppet playing Guess Who.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 4:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Stockport Mariner

The trust wouldn’t pay any Capital Gains Tax when they received the shares. If Mike Parker had died within 7 teats of gifting them, the Trust may have had to pay Inheritance Tax on them at 40% (though this tapers down from year 3). Capital Gains Tax would only be due if the Trust subsequently sold them at a profit (if they received them for free than any amount they sold at would potentially be liable for CGT. I’m not sure how the Trust is set up as a legal entity, but “Trustees pay 10% Capital Gains Tax on qualifying gains if they sell assets used in a beneficiary's business, which has now ended.”  So if they sold them for £200,000 the CGT payable would be £20,000, leaving a tidy profit of £190,000. I’m not an accountant but that’s how I understand it.

You are confusing business taxation with personal capital gains tax liability for inheritance purposes. What we used to refer to as lifetime gifts

That doesn’t apply to this business transaction scenario
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 4:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from SomeSanity
Forget the shares, forget the loans, forget the past 15 of treading water, forget who the current incumbents are.

It all boils down this:

Is a change of ownership, a change of direction and input of fresh ideas in the best interest of this Football Club?

Its a simple Yes or No answer.

For those who think no, why no. It is honestly that simple.

I’d answer your question with a very positive YES. But I’d still need due diligence to understand if the consortium are going to support the club equally as well on the financial side to what JF has done. Because of they aren’t or can’t, then we are no better off and in actual fact we are worse off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 217
SomeSanity
December 28, 2020, 4:17pm
Lager Top Drinker

I’d answer your question with a very positive YES. But I’d still need due diligence to understand if the consortium are going to support the club equally as well on the financial side to what JF has done. Because of they aren’t or can’t, then we are no better off and in actual fact we are worse off

Thank you for that answer. Would you advocate the same level of due diligence to that of the Alex May saga? Or would you take a different approach?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 4:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Jeez Louise. Of all that’s going on, we’ve now got some muppet playing Guess Who.

With all due respect Old Codger, I’m not doing the guessing and neither am I inviting guesses in respect of my identity.

Perhaps people need to accept that I am a supporter just like the rest of you. No cloak and dagger here. Just an opinion and also some concerns for the club I love moving forward potentially under new ownership that nobody knows much about
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 217
Phisch
December 28, 2020, 4:19pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +19
Fellipe(Philip) Noche(night) would surely = Philip Day

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP.....Me <><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 217
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 4:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker

So you’ve made 39 posts and replies in the last few hours and basically said nothing.

GTFC was worth nothing when John Fenty took over albeit it was several league places higher. It’s worth nothing now, is a failure on field and is being held to ransom by the bloke who caused its downfall. That’s saying nothing about how the loyal fan base has continued to prop it up.
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 217
LH
December 28, 2020, 4:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177

“Hmm if I go with Felipe Dias they’ll clock on to it being Phillip Day. The thick fornicators won’t get it if I call myself Phillip Night”.
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 4:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from SomeSanity

Thank you for that answer. Would you advocate the same level of due diligence to that of the Alex May saga? Or would you take a different approach?

Well you have to understand that Alex May was never going to be director of the club. It wasn’t technically possible for him to be one under company law because of his convictions.

So his only scope for involvement was to be an investor, or a third party for the introduction of other investors.

Would I have been bothered that investment into the club was going to be via him personally, or from investors he was working on behalf of? No I would not.

How many individual shareholders does Grimsby Town PLC have? How many of those have squeaky clean records, and are you telling me that none of them have a criminal conviction?

We have no control really as to the character of people that buy shares in a publicly available traded business. We might have people that own shares that have been convicted of acts of physical violence. That doesn’t mean they can’t buy shares

Granted, he was talking about some sort of investment of around £1 million. I don’t know if that was via shares or other means. He may have been putting that into a separate entity to create GTFC training facilities and football hub for the community etc.

We might look back on it as a wasted opportunity to avail someone of their dosh for the benefit of the club

When I think about some of the ownership of football clubs a lot grander than ours, by Oligarchs, Gangsters, Sheiks of nations known to have murdered etc. , then frankly the fuss that GTFC fans made over Alex May is a bit surprising.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 217
arryarryarry
December 28, 2020, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker

With all due respect Old Codger, I’m not doing the guessing and neither am I inviting guesses in respect of my identity.

Perhaps people need to accept that I am a supporter just like the rest of you. No cloak and dagger here. Just an opinion and also some concerns for the club I love moving forward potentially under new ownership that nobody knows much about

No one would have likely known about the convicted fraudster investing in the club if it hadn't been leaked to the press so the choice appears to be well known local business men wanting to invest in GTFC (do you know of any dodgy dealings with these people?) or a shower of excrement wanting to get into bed with convicted conman who made pensioners lives a misery as well as other crimes?
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 4:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So you’ve made 39 posts and replies in the last few hours and basically said nothing.

GTFC was worth nothing when John Fenty took over albeit it was several league places higher. It’s worth nothing now, is a failure on field and is being held to ransom by the bloke who caused its downfall. That’s saying nothing about how the loyal fan base has continued to prop it up.

Well I’m sorry my opinion doesn’t fit with your wishes matey
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 217
Swansea_Mariner
December 28, 2020, 4:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
If that is truly your view then why are you obsessing over due diligence over the consortium who appear to be legitimate business people, you're the definition of cognitive dissonance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 217
aldi_01
December 28, 2020, 4:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

Evening Mr Day...what’s wrong? Couldn’t John remember his login details so you had to create another account?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 217
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 4:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I have a simple wish. I want Grimsby Town Football Club to progress on and off the pitch. That’s why the last 16 years have been so disappointing. If you’re of the opinion that it’s been anything better, then I’m very surprised and disappointed no matter who you are.
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 4:44pm
Table Wine Drinker

If that is truly your view then why are you obsessing over due diligence over the consortium who appear to be legitimate business people, you're the definition of cognitive dissonance.

Different isn’t it. The consortium are seeking to buy and control the club and I want to know to what extent they are prepared to prop us up financially

May wasn’t. He was arranging investment in training facilities whilst  not having any control of our club. Meanwhile JF would still have been providing the sound financial backing that the business of GTFC requires
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 4:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I have a simple wish. I want Grimsby Town Football Club to progress on and off the pitch. That’s why the last 16 years have been so disappointing. If you’re of the opinion that it’s been anything better, then I’m very surprised and disappointed no matter who you are.

I’m of the opinion that off the pitch we have remained in business and stable and I’m grateful for that

I’m of the opinion that on the pitch, it’s been disappointing despite all efforts, apart from a truly joyous year when Hursty got us back into the football league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 217
Tommy
December 28, 2020, 4:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76

How could we possibly be worse off?

Even if the consortium come in and invest no money of their own, we'd still be better off. Because the current board have invested nothing in the last 6/7 years, have never actually invested anything anyway (always putting it in as loans theyll want back) and have failed to attract any outside investment (the only time they got anywhere with this was Alex May which sums it up).

The club has run on its own financial means.

So if the new lot don't put millions of their own money in, it might be that they would just run the club a whole lot better, treat the fans with respect, unite the town together, not penny-pinch at every opportunity, not treat players(employees) like dirt changing their contract details at the last minute, etc etc etc the list goes on....

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 217
aldi_01
December 28, 2020, 4:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
But the club hasn’t been run well though....on and off field is intrinsically linked...

So abject failure year on year is ok and seen as success because the club treads water?

Thanks for clearing that up...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 217
Swansea_Mariner
December 28, 2020, 4:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
But why does one investment raise questions in your mind and not the other, what were May's motives, he's not from the area, he's not a fan, what would he get out of it.

As a hypothetical if the Shutes consortium wanted to invest but leave JF in control, would you be happy with that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 217
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 4:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I’m of the opinion that off the pitch we have remained in business and stable and I’m grateful for that

I’m of the opinion that on the pitch, it’s been disappointing despite all efforts, apart from a truly joyous year when Hursty got us back into the football league.

That’s very Philip Day language.

By the way, wasn’t that ‘truly joyous’ year assisted by Operation Promotion? 🤔
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 217
davmariner
December 28, 2020, 4:51pm
Vodka Drinker

Different isn’t it. The consortium are seeking to buy and control the club and I want to know to what extent they are prepared to prop us up financially

May wasn’t. He was arranging investment in training facilities whilst  not having any control of our club. Meanwhile JF would still have been providing the sound financial backing that the business of GTFC requires

Evening Philip. Is that not the job of the EFL? They have a fit and proper persons test (which incidentally Alex May would have not passed).

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 217
Rodley Mariner
Special Brew Drinker
Yeah May just wanted to give us £1million of his hard conned
money out of the goodness of his heart. And meanwhile his new best mate would have continued to run the club ineptly, falling out with various people along the way, using official club statements to settle personal scores all whilst we head back to the conference in a crumbling ground with an infrastructure from the 1990's. And he hasn't propped us up financially in years anyway. The fans are the ones who dug deep this year whilst JF continued to scrabble about trying to recoup every penny despite apparently still having a £50m empire. Off you intercourse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 217
mariner91
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,770
Gold Stars: 262

If they invest nothing but modernise how the club is run and actually have the business nous to increase revenue through other means and by getting the club to relocate to a new stadium then I’d still love to see them come in. One of Fenty’s main bragging points is that he got two new portakabins for the training ground which gives you the general idea of how poorly the club has been run. Not to mention the absolute mess he’s made of the playing side of things.  

Can you imagine seeing the club being run professionally rather than as the plaything of a chap who had enough business acumen to run a fish company but is nowhere near smart enough to run a football club? What a refreshing change that would be.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 4:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Tommy

How could we possibly be worse off?

Even if the consortium come in and invest no money of their own, we'd still be better off. Because the current board have invested nothing in the last 6/7 years, have never actually invested anything anyway (always putting it in as loans theyll want back) and have failed to attract any outside investment (the only time they got anywhere with this was Alex May which sums it up).

The club has run on its own financial means.

So if the new lot don't put millions of their own money in, it might be that they would just run the club a whole lot better, treat the fans with respect, unite the town together, not penny-pinch at every opportunity, not treat players(employees) like dirt changing their contract details at the last minute, etc etc etc the list goes on....

We would be worse off if the consortium wanted to take out a return on their investment each month. For instance capital loan repayments each month with interest

I don’t know that they will, and I haven’t suggested they will. I’m merely asking the question “will they”?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 217
December 28, 2020, 4:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from davmariner

Evening Philip. Is that not the job of the EFL? They have a fit and proper persons test (which incidentally Alex May would have not passed).

You have to wonder whether JSF would pass the fit and proper test...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 217
aldi_01
December 28, 2020, 4:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Come on Phil, surely you have family you could be speaking to instead of being continually put in your place by some blokes that love their club online...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 4:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
On the Alex May convicted fraudster subject. I hope you’ve all got over your shock.

In the meantime, how many of you sang Michael Jolley’s black and white army, in the knowledge that he was sentenced to a year of probation and a year on the sex offenders' register? Didn’t see many of you fickle foe boycotting games and not travelling to away games hoping he was going to be the new Messiah.

Just saying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 217
SomeSanity
December 28, 2020, 4:57pm
Lager Top Drinker

Well you have to understand that Alex May was never going to be director of the club. It wasn’t technically possible for him to be one under company law because of his convictions.
No, no I get that, but you don't have to be a director to have some influence do you? For example, my wife gets herself involved in every discussion going at knit and natter (or stitch and female dog), regardless of her £10 donation to the wool fund some years ago.

So his only scope for involvement was to be an investor, or a third party for the introduction of other investors.
I get that too, but surely investors of a certain stature would not want to publically ally themselves with somebody of May's ilk. Given that more convictions have come to light since. Do you think this would deter reputable folk?

Would I have been bothered that investment into the club was going to be via him personally, or from investors he was working on behalf of? No I would not.
If I'm honest I think this is only part of the problem. If all May brought to the table was money then given his convictions surely you would have to A. Question where that money came from and B. It would still be the same people making the same decisions and this, going from what has been discussed over the past few weeks is part of the current problem.

How many individual shareholders does Grimsby Town PLC have? How many of those have squeaky clean records, and are you telling me that none of them have a criminal conviction?
I have no idea, and again I have no idea but how many of them are looking to gain a controlling interest in the club? Supporters with £100 shares like myself are irrelevant in this scenario regardless of background.

We have no control really as to the character of people that buy shares in a publicly available traded business. We might have people that own shares that have been convicted of acts of physical violence. That doesn’t mean they can’t buy shares
It's not just the May issue that is making people so passionate, its everything else.

Granted, he was talking about some sort of investment of around £1 million. I don’t know if that was via shares or other means. He may have been putting that into a separate entity to create GTFC training facilities and football hub for the community etc.
I refer to my previous point of May's involvement deterring investors who wish not to sully their own name.

We might look back on it as a wasted opportunity to avail someone of their dosh for the benefit of the club.
It's not their dosh is it? It has been swindled from 'The Corporations'

When I think about some of the ownership of football clubs a lot grander than ours, by Oligarchs, Gangsters, Sheiks of nations known to have murdered etc. , then frankly the fuss that GTFC fans made over Alex May is a bit surprising.

To say we're Grimsby, not Man City  isn't a good enough response, so I would say this: Every time you read about investments, contrary to what many would think is "Thank God  this isn't us."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 217
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 4:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
On the Alex May convicted fraudster subject. I hope you’ve all got over your shock.

In the meantime, how many of you sang Michael Jolley’s black and white army, in the knowledge that he was sentenced to a year of probation and a year on the sex offenders' register? Didn’t see many of you fickle foe boycotting games and not travelling to away games hoping he was going to be the new Messiah.

Just saying

Well I assume the club didn’t do their due diligence on Jolley either then.
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 217
Eastendmariner
December 28, 2020, 4:59pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
Fillipe Noche

I have one q for you Do you not think Mr Fenty's connection to a convicted Fraudster While being in a position of Trust,  Immoral and deceitful which has made his position untenable ?

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 4:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That’s very Philip Day language.

By the way, wasn’t that ‘truly joyous’ year assisted by Operation Promotion? 🤔

Now who’s playing guess who ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 5:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Eastendmariner
Fillipe Noche

I have one q for you Do you not think Mr Fenty's connection to a convicted Fraudster While being in a position of Trust,  Immoral and deceitful which has made his position untenable ?

Absolutely not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 217
Rodley Mariner
December 28, 2020, 5:05pm
Special Brew Drinker

Just saying

Erm it was John Fenty who employed him plus it is worth looking at their full criminal records (one will take longer than the other). Also worth looking at the judges comments about their respective convictions.

What did you think of our chairman defending May/Kapanick/the career fraudster and thief? Did you think 'Wow I can't believe a once-respected local solicitor would be quite so stupid like most of us or did you feel differently?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 217
Eastendmariner
December 28, 2020, 5:07pm
Season Ticket Holder

Just saying

I don't think you should throwing Stones at Town Fans when you live in a Glass house Many fans on here dig into their pockets time and Time again to keep the Club Afloat I CERTAINLY WOULDN'T USE THE TERM FICKLE FOE you may have untapped knowledge with the Tax system but are truly extremely uneducated when it comes to Town fans loyalty

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 217
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 5:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Erm it was John Fenty who employed him plus it is worth looking at their full criminal records (one will take longer than the other). Also worth looking at the judges comments about their respective convictions.

What did you think of our chairman defending May/Kapanick/the career fraudster and thief? Did you think 'Wow I can't believe a once-respected local solicitor would be quite so stupid like most of us or did you feel differently?

That’s the thing. Our chairman was a Senior partner at the largest solicitor in the area. I find his current position on several issues baffling.
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 5:12pm
Table Wine Drinker

Just saying

I don't think you should throwing Stones at Town Fans when you live in a Glass house Many fans on here dig into their pockets time and Time again to keep the Club Afloat I CERTAINLY WOULDN'T USE THE TERM FICKLE FOE you may have untapped knowledge with the Tax system but are truly extremely uneducated when it comes to Town fans loyalty

Fickle in the context of what suits them. No question on my part regarding their commitment to support the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 217
Marinerz93

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That’s the thing. Our chairman was a Senior partner at the largest solicitor in the area. I find his current position on several issues baffling.

And stating Ian Runaway recording a private conversation then said he played it at a board meeting, which is illegal and leaves Hollowords open to civil action in court.

Private Message
Reply: 139 - 217
arryarryarry
Barley Wine Drinker

We might look back on it as a wasted opportunity to avail someone of their dosh for the benefit of the club

Nice to see you have no morals about accepting cash from someone who but pensioners through years of misery whilst robbing them of the title to their homes.

As regards other clubs owners, that is up to their supporters to either accept or not.
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 217
Eastendmariner
December 28, 2020, 5:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Fillipe Noche

Absolutely not.

Oh dear It's not really a surprise yo have the biggest  red x Total  The  Fishy History

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 217
December 28, 2020, 5:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Baffling is the most polite way of putting it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 217
Eastendmariner
December 28, 2020, 5:14pm
Season Ticket Holder
Fillipe Noche

Absolutely not.

Oh dear It's not really a surprise yo have the biggest  red x Total  The  Fishy History

I'm sure there are opportunity's for a career in Central Government then ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 217
arryarryarry
December 28, 2020, 5:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker

We would be worse off if the consortium wanted to take out a return on their investment each month. For instance capital loan repayments each month with interest

I don’t know that they will, and I haven’t suggested they will. I’m merely asking the question “will they”?

Could John Fenty decide he wants his loans back now? I'm merely asking the question "will he"?
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 5:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
This all seems academic anyway. From what I’ve read, you are all pinning your hopes on the fake news that the consortium have pitched a further bid. From what I’m hearing, the media have swallowed the fake consortium stadium hook line and sinker. Somebody in the media is supposedly sitting there very red faced and embarrassed.

The Lincoln City forum is even suggesting that this was a wind up on the part of a Scunnie supporter.

I must admit, even with all of the apologies written into it, the fact that it was posted in the public domain seemed very unprofessional to me. It didn’t strike me like the actions of a so called highly professional investment consortium. Quite the opposite infact. I can’t imagine professionals like the guys in the consortium getting involved with petty mammary for tatism can you? They would be dealing with the club via whoever is brokering potential sale etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 217
davmariner
December 28, 2020, 5:23pm
Vodka Drinker
This all seems academic anyway. From what I’ve read, you are all pinning your hopes on the fake news that the consortium have pitched a further bid. From what I’m hearing, the media have swallowed the fake consortium stadium hook line and sinker. Somebody in the media is supposedly sitting there very red faced and embarrassed.

The Lincoln City forum is even suggesting that this was a wind up on the part of a Scunnie supporter.

I must admit, even with all of the apologies written into it, the fact that it was posted in the public domain seemed very unprofessional to me. It didn’t strike me like the actions of a so called highly professional investment consortium. Quite the opposite infact. I can’t imagine professionals like the guys in the consortium getting involved with petty mammary for tatism can you? They would be dealing with the club via whoever is brokering potential sale etc.

This is ironic given your support for John Fenty. Stop kicking tyres and get John to sell the club.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 217
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Oh, like the club’s custodian who decided to go all Tory politician at 0030 on Christmas Eve?
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 5:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from davmariner

This is ironic given your support for John Fenty. Stop kicking tyres and get John to sell the club.

I support nobody other than the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 217
Tommy
December 28, 2020, 5:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Just happened to join the fishy today though.

Just so you could post all these pro-fenty, anti-shutes/stockwood messages.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 217
Youngy
December 28, 2020, 5:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9

Then surely Shutes or Lockwood would use there social media presence to state that was the case?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 5:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Tommy
Just happened to join the fishy today though.

Just so you could post all these pro-fenty, anti-shutes/stockwood messages.

Yes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 217
ginnywings
December 28, 2020, 5:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I go out for a walk......

I wouldn't worry about the new consortium in regards to supporting the club financially. The home crowds will be up 50% with all the fans returning who had given up under the current regime.

Alternatively, we can carry on as is and the crowds will plummet further.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 217
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Yes

Quite strange that you’ve decided to test the water like you have, when you have.
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 217
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 28, 2020, 5:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82

We would only be worse off if revenue’s don’t increase which given the number of fans who currently boycott the club solely because of Fenty’s involvement is highly unlikely. And, as I said earlier in this thread I suspect the majority of fans would be happy to dig a bit deeper in their pockets to support a new board that excludes all current members.

A change of ownership and investment has done wonders in Lincoln and I see no reason why that change of fortune could not be repeated in Grimsby.

As for the comparison between May & Jolley I have strong reason to believe May’s numerous criminal acts were both pre-meditated and planned whilst Jolley was found guilty of having sexual relations with an under age girl who he met in a club with a minimum age of 18 as an entry requirement so there for the grace of god go many of us, whereas as committing an act of fraud against the elderly or government departments has never been anything I would consider.

I would reiterate the comments of others that, however valid your questions, your sudden appearance on this site posing these questions and basically supporting the current regime does smack of involvement with that regime however much you deny it. These issues have been discussed/debated on this site in considerable depth over the last few weeks but only now when a possible deal might go through do you appear. I do worry that this is being driven by Fenty in a last bid to get some credibility as he try’s to hang onto control.

I’d prefer to think you are a devils advocate then there is more likelihood of this deal being completed by Friday as was suggested yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 217
Tommy
December 28, 2020, 5:39pm
Season Ticket Holder

Yes

Haha.

Well, forgive everyone else on here for writing you off as either a board member, or a friend/family member of JF then.

Not because you post different views to the majority feeling of the moment. But because you sound exactly like one of the boardroom puppets, a completely imbalanced and biaised outlook, totally ignorant of any of the failings the board have had in the last 15 years, unable to see how badly run the club has been apart from still existing, and peddling some weird narrative that's trying to discredit this new consortium.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 217
Youngy
December 28, 2020, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker

Just saying

Jollys charge was lifted. He was removed from the sex offenders register. He also went and proved himself at various levels of football and had testimonials from coaches at the highest level of the game.

May has a list of charges as long as his arm, changed his name twice and has caused distress to innocent people. You mentioned that his association with Fenty isn't enough for him to stand down, but seemingly it was for the council? What's the difference?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 217
TownSNAFU5
December 28, 2020, 5:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Actions and words.  Actions count.  

John Fenty chose (for whatever reason(s)) to get into business with a recently-released convicted big-time fraudster.  Who can committed offences against vulnerable and very old people.  

This choice by John Fenty says everything says everything about his judgement quality, integrity and business acumen.  

How did he hope to keep this relationship private?   Inviting Alex May to a match at BP?  The arrogance and ego of the man in believing that he was in the right and that this was the right thing to do for the Club.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 5:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Quite strange that you’ve decided to test the water like you have, when you have.

Yes I’d agree
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 217
Civvy at last
December 28, 2020, 5:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,213
Gold Stars: 134
I’ve just heard that JF can’t recall meeting May as stated.

Apparently he was at Pizza Express with Prince Andrew 😉

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 217
SDUTM
December 28, 2020, 5:47pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +179
Gold Stars: 2

I support nobody other than the club

Bull crap, from your tone of response you are part of the Fenty clan or Fenty  posting the normal BS that Fenty expects us all to swallow. The fact that Mr Day tried to defend Mr May buying shares shows that he is also not a fit and proper person to run a football club! As for other owners being crooks or gangsters as you put it, maybe for once instead of justifying our poor actions by the standards of others we perhaps should simply just try to do the right and honest thing in the 1st place.

Your statement just shows everything that’s wrong with football at the moment and the fact that you think that dishonest money is ok as long as it gets us results. The EFL is gradually sorting house and stopping crooks from owning clubs and it’s not a minute too soon.

The statements from Fenty / Fenty clan just goes to show the contempt that he has for us the supporters and the fact that he’s not going anywhere any time soon!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 217
moss_side_mariner
December 28, 2020, 5:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Fillipe Noche you are definitely not playing devil's advocate.
But you are an advocate of another devil.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 5:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Tommy

Haha.

Well, forgive everyone else on here for writing you off as either a board member, or a friend/family member of JF then.

That’s okay matey. I can’t help how I sound in my prose.

I really am just being the devils advocate

If new ownership = sunlit uplands, then I’d be as happy as the next person.

I hope the consortium latest offer is for real. But I just want to make sure that we are no worse off financially. A fragile football club in the lower leagues is not a toy to be played with. It requires sound financial leadership with a great deal of love.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 217
Phisch
December 28, 2020, 5:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +19
Mr Night/Day

Perhaps the current position of the "Fickle Foe" is down to the ineptitude we have experienced for the last 15 years, perhaps it is down to the attempted involvement of a career criminal in, what the fans (fickle or otherwise) see as our club, perhaps it is down to the contempt we feel we have been treated with by the current board and Mr Fenty or perhaps it is because we are ungrateful, fickle and thoughtless muppets, who knows? However surely the fact that it is the popular opinion amongst thousands of fans is reason alone to facilitate the sale to messers Shute, Stockwood and Petit, should the takeover be a success you...sorry Mr Day and Mr Fenty would be able to hold your/their heads up high and claim to have acted in the best interests of the club, if it goes end over axis you can blame us fickle fans as is your usual tact when things go wrong!?

A win, win for all concerned?

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP.....Me <><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 217
ginnywings
December 28, 2020, 5:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548

I hope the consortium latest offer is for real. But I just want to make sure that we are no worse off financially. A fragile football club in the lower leagues is not a toy to be played with. It requires sound financial leadership with a great deal of love.

Pity we haven't had any then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 217
Swansea_Mariner
December 28, 2020, 5:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
This is all just so tiresome, I just hope this is all over soon and we can go back to talking about matters on the pitch. Is it to much to ask that GTFC can field a team that can compete in D4.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 217
grimsby pete
December 28, 2020, 6:04pm

Exile
Well done you are breaking all fishy records.

In less than eight hours you have gone from no posts to 58 and counting.

Gone from zero to minus 476 rating and counting.

You put our Swin to shame.

You are not Swin are you ?

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 217
friskneymariner
December 28, 2020, 6:07pm

Brandy Drinker
Right Fillipe Has not Fenty had 20 years benefit of being in a prime position of authority in this club,and as such this position must accrue so benefit in kind. Perhaps you could be so good as to place an annual notational value on this then multiply it by 20 and deduct from amount he his owed.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 217
Marinerz93
December 28, 2020, 6:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Hilarious, worse off than we are now, take your head out of Fenty's rear end.

Tell us do you maintain eye contact with Fenty whilst he rubs one out, you sound like you do, maybe you help cheer him on too.

Private Message
Reply: 168 - 217
lew chaterleys lover
December 28, 2020, 6:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Isn't it utterly frightening that all members of the Fenty clan think they have done a decent job? They genuinely believe it. There is absolutely no comprehension of the damage they have done and are currently doing, and that we are the laughing stock in football circles. In truth, we have been for some time.  

Despite everything, they seem to think that other people would not be able to do better, even when the rest of can see just lifting the Fenty curse would be a great step forward.

It must be difficult when all your flaws have suddenly been exposed for all to see, and you can see the tide turning with no chance of stopping it, but as ever in this life, you reap what you sow.
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 217
GrimRob
December 28, 2020, 6:14pm

Isn't it utterly frightening that all members of the Fenty clan think they have done a decent job? They genuinely believe it. There is absolutely no comprehension of the damage they have done and are currently doing, and that we are the laughing stock in football circles. In truth, we have been for some time.  

Despite everything, they seem to think that other people would not be able to do better, even when the rest of can see just lifting the Fenty curse would be a great step forward.

It must be difficult when all your flaws have suddenly been exposed for all to see, and you can see the tide turning with no chance of stopping it, but as ever in this life, you reap what you sow.

Let's say for the sake of argument he actually has done a good job and nearly everyone is wrong. The fact that almost everyone believes he has not done a good job and many are unwilling to back the club any more makes his position untenable. The customer is always right.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 170 - 217
IlkleyMariner
December 28, 2020, 6:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Don’t feed the troll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 217
DocDock
December 28, 2020, 6:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
I’ve skimmed through about 8 pages before i gave up. Can somebody give me a quick summary on what this thread is all about, please?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 217
forza ivano
December 28, 2020, 6:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from DocDock
I’ve skimmed through about 8 pages before i gave up. Can somebody give me a quick summary on what this thread is all about, please?

basically a brand new poster with a mildly intrigiung username has set himself up as THE defender of Fenty's wonderful stewardship of this club and has now posted over 60 times in afew hours.
i think he's what you might call 'an agent provocateur'

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 217
DocDock
December 28, 2020, 6:29pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Quoted from forza ivano

basically a brand new poster with a mildly intrigiung username has set himself up as THE defender of Fenty's wonderful stewardship of this club and has now posted over 60 times in afew hours.
i think he's what you might call 'an agent provocateur'

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL

Ta. I’ll try my best to ignore/block him/her in the future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 6:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

The customer is always right.

The customer isn’t always right. He/she can choose whether or not he/she wants to be a customer or not. But that doesn’t always make the customer right.

The customer is just the customer until such a time he/she decides not to be a customer anymore.

If you lose a customer, do you think that really makes you throw the towel in? How many customers do you think it takes to vote with their feet before someone throws the towel in?

We know how fickle the average football supporter can be. They vote in and out with their feet with every change of the wind direction. One minute it’s 2500 and the next minute nobody can get a ticket fast enough

It’s the market

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 217
Youngy
December 28, 2020, 6:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker

The customer isn’t always right. He/she can choose whether or not he/she wants to be a customer or not. But that doesn’t always make the customer right.

The customer is just the customer until such a time he/she decides not to be a customer anymore.

If you lose a customer, do you think that really makes you throw the towel in? How many customers do you think it takes to vote with their feet before someone throws the towel in?

We know how fickle the average football supporter can be. They vote in and out with their feet with every change of the wind direction. One minute it’s 2500 and the next minute nobody can get a ticket fast enough

It’s the market

And that sums up how the current regime views its support base.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 217
mariner91
December 28, 2020, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,770
Gold Stars: 262

It’s the market

This just proves you’re on the board.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 6:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Youngy

And that sums up how the current regime views its support base.

Absolutely. They know their customer base well, that’s for sure.

Let’s face it, if we came out of Tier 3 tomorrow, and 2,000 fans were allowed back into Blundell Park, then we would have fans scrambling for tickets again. Demand would outstrip demand.

A few handfuls of people on Twitter or on the message board really aren’t going to change that significantly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 6:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

This just proves you’re on the board.

Does it ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 217
Youngy
December 28, 2020, 6:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker

Let’s face it, if we came out of Tier 3 tomorrow, and 2,000 fans were allowed back into Blundell Park, then we would have fans scrambling for tickets again. Demand would outstrip demand.

A few handfuls of people on Twitter or on the message board really aren’t going to change that significantly.

Handful of people? Last.time I checked, over 1600 people had voted on the Onthisday twitter poll. You must have rather large hands
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 217
forza ivano
December 28, 2020, 7:01pm

Exile

Checkatrade Trophy boycott, a proud episode in our recent history & due to resume 21-22, inshallah, proves you wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 217
lew chaterleys lover
December 28, 2020, 7:01pm
Vodka Drinker

There would indeed be a rush for tickets, but not for the reasons you think!
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 217
forza ivano
December 28, 2020, 7:02pm

Exile

There would indeed be a rush for tickets, but not for the reasons you think!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 217
Garth
December 28, 2020, 7:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27

That last sentance reeks of someone whose attention seeking has been reduced to small talk in desperation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 217
Fillipe Noche
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Youngy

Handful of people? Last.time I checked, over 1600 people had voted on the Onthisday twitter poll. You must have rather large hands

Do me a favour 😂😂😂 thats had every man and his dog crawling all over it. Lincoln fans, Scunthorpe fans, Hull fans, people that don’t even go to games and are armchair fans.

This is hysterical 😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 217
friskneymariner

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from friskneymariner
Right Fillipe Has not Fenty had 20 years benefit of being in a prime position of authority in this club,and as such this position must accrue so benefit in kind. Perhaps you could be so good as to place an annual notational value on this then multiply it by 20 and deduct from amount he his owed.

It appears you only want to respond when it suits your agenda.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 7:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Garth

That last sentance reeks of someone whose attention seeking has been reduced to small talk in desperation.

Oh god yeah I yearn the attention 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 7:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from friskneymariner

It appears you only want to respond when it suits your agenda.

Have I missed something?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 217
December 28, 2020, 7:08pm
Brandy Drinker

Have I missed something?

Your bedtime
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 217
Youngy
December 28, 2020, 7:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker

Do me a favour 😂😂😂 thats had every man and his dog crawling all over it. Lincoln fans, Scunthorpe fans, Hull fans, people that don’t even go to games and are armchair fans.

This is hysterical 😂😂

Armchair fans? Perhaps them supporters would get off their armchairs if the club actually tried to gain new supporters? If they actually attempted to market themselves and show supporters there support is wanted rather then treating them with utter contempt?

And then on Facebook there  is the invite only Fenty out group with 646 supporters who are personally invited by other supporters? Are they fans from other clubs as well? Take your head our your backside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 217
Bigdog
December 28, 2020, 7:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162

Bigdog pissses himself laughing and logs out of The Fishy..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 217
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2020, 7:14pm
Meths Drinker

This is hysterical 😂😂

Oh so you personally know everyone who’s signed up and know their attendance record? Not bloody likely with the pen and paper records the club holds. 😂

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 217
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2020, 7:16pm
Meths Drinker
So Phil. Are you going to answer the questions I asked back at the beginning or are you going to continue avoiding them? I know full well you won’t.

Your efforts today to pull the wool have failed. We know Team Fenty is trying desperately to find ways of clinging on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 217
SDUTM
December 28, 2020, 7:22pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +179
Gold Stars: 2

Have I missed something?

I applaud you Paul, Steve, Ringo or whatever you are to Fenty  for supporting him, however you are blinded and too close to Fenty to realise. The masses don’t want Fenty here as they realise that we will never achieve success with him calling the shots, the last 20 years are testimony to that fact. Football is about speculation and a degree of good fortune, to which we have had very little apart from promotion from a league that we should never have been in and a manager who ended up shackled by Covid clauses and players being asked to get a part time job!!! The players concerned will out you once they are gone from our club John Fenty so there is no point in denying it, just like Amond did!

For the sake of the club, it’s fans and Fenty’s own mental health, please ask him to accept and move on with his life. I don’t enjoy seeing the abusive messages on Facebook and other social media pages and yes at times it’s vile, although this path that Fenty is walking down is of his own making. There is a reasonable offer on the table, one that most don’t think that you are entitled to, but it’s an offer that for the good of everyone needs accepting. The hatred for you Mr Fenty and your friends Mr Day and Mr Marley is growing stronger as each day passes, do we really have to hit the headlines with fans protesting before you will finally get the message and move on? At the very least for now can’t you simply step down from the board of directors and ask them to propose a plan for paying you your money back??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 217
Sandford1981
December 28, 2020, 7:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59

This is hysterical 😂😂

Why would fans of other clubs want Fenty out!? They’d want him to stay so they can revel in our continued abject failure under his stewardship!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 217
LH
December 28, 2020, 7:52pm

Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Come on here to damage the Consortium but this all seems a bit of a self-own. Well done Chuckle - sorry - Fenty Brothers.
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 217
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Peace and goodwill to all men. Whatever happened to that?
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 217
December 28, 2020, 7:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

t’Internet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 217
gtfc98
December 28, 2020, 8:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Fenty.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 217
IlkleyMariner
December 28, 2020, 8:22pm
Champagne Drinker

Oh so you personally know everyone who’s signed up and know their attendance record? Not bloody likely with the pen and paper records the club holds. 😂

I have supported Town for over 60 years and seen them play at over 80 different grounds, including of course blundell park, where I have been, although currently not a season ticket holder for years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 217
Simon
December 28, 2020, 8:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
What a legacy to leave behind, fancy going down in history as the worst custodian the club has ever had

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 217
Hagrid
December 28, 2020, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
This is absolutely pathetic Phillip
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 217
grimsby pete
December 28, 2020, 9:55pm

Exile
Nobody believes you whatever your name is buddy .

Never posted on here before today but spends hours defending the cretin than runs our club yet says he does not care who owns the club.

If you do not care you why would you take all the abuse given to you on here with a minus 731 and counting rating.

You are in the fenty .circle or family and you should intercourse off with Fenty because you are not wanted on here.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 217
EY Mariner
December 28, 2020, 10:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Regardless of whom our new poster may, or may not, be, there is one aspect of the pro-regime propaganda that I have particular issue with, specifically the definition of the majority shareholder's loans as "benign".

Let us consider what that word actually means. The Collins English Dictionary tells us that benign should be used for someone (and presumably something, as well) that is "kind, gentle and harmless." But the very fact that these monies have appeared to be such a stumbling block in negotiations gives the impression that they were never benign at all. They may have been more likely to be so if management of the club's affairs by the present regime had proven more successful than it has done. But the fact that we are now in the position that we are exposes the reality and no amount of smoke and mirrors can distort it.

I am hopeful that the silence, or at least the silence we have observed from official channels, over the last 48 hours or so suggests that a more professional and sensible endgame to the current crisis than the attempted propaganda operation here is being pursued. In stark contrast to the narrative painted by our new poster, I have no great aspirations for any prospective new owners of our club. I simply wish to see our club run in a professional manner, to stop doing things on the cheap and, above all else, be something that we can all be proud of once more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 217
Henryscat
December 28, 2020, 10:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Fillipe knows an awful lot for someone who only moved to the area in July 2019

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 217
Henryscat
December 28, 2020, 10:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
Nobody believes you whatever your name is buddy .

Never posted on here before today but spends hours defending the cretin than runs our club yet says he does not care who owns the club.

If you do not care you why would you take all the abuse given to you on here with a minus 731 and counting rating.

You are in the fenty .circle or family and you should intercourse off with Fenty because you are not wanted on here.

He doesn’t care who owns the club. He isn’t local

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 217
HertsGTFC
December 29, 2020, 8:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
“Calculate the Interest” ?

If Fenty and his inner cabal stay there will be zero interest in GTFC.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 217
Green27
December 29, 2020, 9:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
The statement has been confirmed by Matt Dean. So you can go back to your Phillip Day to play set Messr Fill My Gnocchi

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 29, 2020, 9:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Look it matters not who I am. Just like many, if not most of the people on here, I’m an ordinary Grimsby Town fan.

I’m appreciative of the incumbent owner for keeping the club I love going. I would be equally appreciative of anyone else who comes in and takes over. As long as they are doing it for the right reasons and that they will support the club on a sound financial footing, as equally well as what John Fenty has.

Let’s hope for a conclusion to all of this soon, in order that these distractions can be put behind us, and let’s hope for a good managerial appointment to improve our fortunes on the pitch.

#UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 217
Mikey_345
December 29, 2020, 10:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Approval: +5,579
Gold Stars: 113
Look it matters not who I am. Just like many, if not most of the people on here, I’m an ordinary Grimsby Town fan.

I’m appreciative of the incumbent owner for keeping the club I love going. I would be equally appreciative of anyone else who comes in and takes over. As long as they are doing it for the right reasons and that they will support the club on a sound financial footing, as equally well as what John Fenty has.

Let’s hope for a conclusion to all of this soon, in order that these distractions can be put behind us, and let’s hope for a good managerial appointment to improve our fortunes on the pitch.

#UTM

Phil, give it a rest for abit eh?! You’re making yourself look very foolish.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 217
moosey_club
December 29, 2020, 10:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 229
Two points from the original post,

Money from his own pocket.... ..
..this comes up quite alot in defence of JF.....when in reality, if he is after every penny back then he hasnt took anything out of his pocket has he?  Well, ok yes he has........but now he's putting it back.

Where will the loans sit....will they be paid off with their own funds...or just loaned against the club? This is really the only point of value you make, it's a very good point. Will we now have a loan to pay to interest on , interest free loan, or a.n other.

Hopefully the trust may be able to keep us informed on this but I am hopeful that with JF gone overall business will improve, commercial nouse will improve , ticket sales will rise and the club would be in an overall commercially better off position to pay back anyway.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 217
Henryscat
December 29, 2020, 11:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Henryscat
Fillipe knows an awful lot for someone who only moved to the area in July 2019

He never responded to this and now he’s gone. J’accuse Phillip. J’accuse.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 217
StaffsMariner
December 29, 2020, 12:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
Out of interest, was the Alex May investment also going to be a loan requiring interest payments?
I assume (correct me if wrong) that he couldnt buy £1m in shares without triggering article 15 or whichever it is to buy out the rest of the shares.
This must have been known by someone at the club.
Shyster meets Shylock, i'm just unsure which is which
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 217
MarinerDevil
December 29, 2020, 12:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,811
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from StaffsMariner
Out of interest, was the Alex May investment also going to be a loan requiring interest payments?
I assume (correct me if wrong) that he couldnt buy £1m in shares without triggering article 15 or whichever it is to buy out the rest of the shares.
This must have been known by someone at the club.
Shyster meets Shylock, i'm just unsure which is which

We would have owned around 29.5% of the shares, so just under the threshold to trigger the buyout clause.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 217
Henryscat
December 29, 2020, 12:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinerDevil

We would have owned around 29.5% of the shares, so just under the threshold to trigger the buyout clause.  

We? Hi Alex!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 217
MarinerDevil
December 29, 2020, 1:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,811
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from Henryscat

We? Hi Alex!

Err, haha, whoops.  

On an unrelated note, do you need a retirement plan?  Give me a call.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 217
KingstonMariner
December 29, 2020, 1:36pm
Meths Drinker

I have supported Town for over 60 years and seen them play at over 80 different grounds, including of course blundell park, where I have been, although currently not a season ticket holder for years.

Sorry. My comment was aimed at Felipe Fentynista.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 217
22 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Calculate the interest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.