Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Could we..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 295 Guests

Could we..

This thread currently has 2,017 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
December 28, 2020, 8:24am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Could we as fans raise £1.5m over the space of 3 years and take over the club? 🤭

Can we do a fund raiser? If we could raise say £300-400k use £100k towards the playing squad over the next 18 months and give JF the rest. Then pay the rest off in instalments.
Example :
I'm not exactly made of money but I'd set up a direct debit of £10-20 a month, I'm sure others could offer more / less etc.
Say we have 3,000 fans contributing. Say an average £20 a month
That's £60k a month. Over 12 months that's £720k. Over 36 months that's £2.16m.
Logged Offline
Private Message
BeijingMariner
December 28, 2020, 8:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
i could, and would
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
MuddyWaters
December 28, 2020, 9:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from lukeo
Could we as fans raise £1.5m over the space of 3 years and take over the club? 🤭

Can we do a fund raiser? If we could raise say £300-400k use £100k towards the playing squad over the next 18 months and give JF the rest. Then pay the rest off in instalments.
Example :
I'm not exactly made of money but I'd set up a direct debit of £10-20 a month, I'm sure others could offer more / less etc.

Don’t you think our fans do enough already?

A little reminder : Operation Promotion was even seen by the board as a bad thing. Most ST holders turned down refunds in the summer. Many bought shares that are effective worthless. Many more donated. Several of us renewed Season Tickets (Alex May didn’t!). Many of us donated to Holloway’s mental health charity.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
wigworld
December 28, 2020, 9:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
It's not just the loans, he wants his shares paid for as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 11
moosey_club
December 28, 2020, 9:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,317
Gold Stars: 229
And in the mean time the value of JF debt could actually go up. Let's face it we are Non League bound.....league revenue will be down if we do, fans boycott revenue down, tv revenue will be down....JF underwriting therefore likely to go up.

A slow burner like you suggest is great for long term but as of now, we need £3m quick to take over, overnight.

Consortium is one hope, the other is maybe a larger individual sum from 1000's of supporters.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
aldi_01
December 28, 2020, 9:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Wouldn’t matter though would it?

This isn’t really about Fenty getting money back it’s about him. His desperate cling to power to make up for the fact he’s got intercourse all else and a tiny tiny pecker. The Lon issue is a perfect excuse for him but in truth his desperation to sell the club is as much a fabrication as him claiming the loans are benign.

Fans do more than enough and in truth we get intercourse all back, we get a thank you through gritted teeth. We were completely mugged off regarding OP, the £200k raised in the summer seemed to just slip in to the club with zero clarification on what it would be used for and they’ve sold ST with little back. I appreciate that nobody made those people buy their ST but I handed over cash and heard buggerall for what seemed like an eternity. Not so much as a thank you. I’m not having a go at the ticket office staff but the club as an entity could’ve at least put out a thank you or something, a little recognition. It’s not hard and to some it means something.

The numbers people throw around when thinking about raising cash are always generous at best. I saw one yesterday where someone suggested that if every person of working age donated 50 quid (the suggestion may have been fifty quid a month for a period of time) we’d generate enough to buy him out.

Again, that’s irrelevant if he doesn’t want to sell and that’s assuming all circa 40k working age people give a excrement about the club which they don’t.

As fans my thinking is we’ve done more than enough over the years to support the club, although we should’ve been this mobilised when we went down but hey ho.

If people want to raise cash, again, then fill your boots it’s not for me as I suspect others feel the same. Fenty is the issue, not the cash.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
December 28, 2020, 9:14am
Guest User
Quoted from lukeo

Example :

Not a penny more...
Reply: 6 - 11
ginnywings
December 28, 2020, 9:21am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Although I would if the situation demanded it, I don't see why we should. The paying punters are there if only the "custodians" could deliver a product worthy of the name. They have failed time and again to invest in the most important bit, namely the players and coaching staff.

This season particularly has seen them top even previous efforts with their rush to cut costs to the bone and embrace a salary cap. They never learn, and that is reflected yet again in our precarious position. They need to go and now. There is the best offer on the table they will ever get; JF has said repeatedly he would walk if the right offer came along, so just do it John and let someone else have a go.

I'm not propping this regime up any longer and the only way this club will get any more money from me, is in the form of match tickets if we have new owners, or into a fighting fund to get rid of the current owner.

Basically, we don't need to raise any money because there is a more than fair offer on the table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
December 28, 2020, 9:30am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

Basically, we don't need to raise any money because there is a more than fair offer on the table.

This !
Reply: 8 - 11
lukeo
December 28, 2020, 9:50am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I get that totally. I'm also not putting another penny in (which hurts!) I was just over thinking the situation and if by some miracle itss more JF doesn't want to trust Shutes and Co rather than it be a power thing..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Could we..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.