Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Could we..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 271 Guests

Could we..

This thread currently has 2,016 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
December 28, 2020, 9:53am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
I understand the sentiment but I have to ask why the fans should raise the money to pay off Fentys debt.

During Fentys tenure he has had nothing but contempt for the fans but he does love their money. From the early days of his stewardship to today John Fenty has found ways of squeezing more money from the fans than just the cost of their entrance to the ground. He saw the original GTST as a possible threat and neutralised it by offering to work closely with them, until such point as they became almost part of the club, with the NDA's meaning their membership couldn't actually be told anything, then the funding schemes started with the offer of representation as the ultimate prize. Remember Grab a Goalie? He also came up with other schemes, a bank account where GTFC got part of the interest on fans savings etc. Then there was the second version of the Trust and the clubs close co-operation including a member of club staff on the Trust board with no reciprocal arrangement and of course Mike Parkers shares. Remember the Trust gave the shares to Mr. Fenty NOT back to the club. Mr Fenty is now going to sell those shares, if we're lucky. Operation Promotion, although wonderful to see, the money was gifted to the club to do with as they pleased. Over the last few years Mr. Fenty has used some of the profits the club may have made to pay off some of his loans, although they were allegedly benign. The club has not advanced as it seems paying off the benign loans was/is more important. Meanwhile whats left of the loans are left like some sword of Damaclese to warn off future buyers.

I know I have waffled but it's about time I put my side. Aldi was right when he said this wasn't about money but Mr Fentys huge ego. I was one of a few that warned people from the very beginning of his days at GTFC that he was not good for GTFC. Two years ago I'd finally had enough, I boycotted until such time as Fenty left the club. Up to that point I had watched and supported town for 40 years. The machinations of Mr Fenty and co. since that time have made this easier than I thought it would be. So much so that the new owners, if we ever get any, are going to have to convince me to make GTFC the huge part of my life that they used to be.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
cmackenzie4
December 28, 2020, 10:44am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from ginnywings
Although I would if the situation demanded it, I don't see why we should. The paying punters are there if only the "custodians" could deliver a product worthy of the name. They have failed time and again to invest in the most important bit, namely the players and coaching staff.

This season particularly has seen them top even previous efforts with their rush to cut costs to the bone and embrace a salary cap. They never learn, and that is reflected yet again in our precarious position. They need to go and now. There is the best offer on the table they will ever get; JF has said repeatedly he would walk if the right offer came along, so just do it John and let someone else have a go.

I'm not propping this regime up any longer and the only way this club will get any more money from me, is in the form of match tickets if we have new owners, or into a fighting fund to get rid of the current owner.

Basically, we don't need to raise any money because there is a more than fair offer on the table.

Perfectly put Ginny.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Could we..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.