Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 252 Guests

Would you be happy with Hurst back in charge?
Yes
No
  View Results 337 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Hurst

This thread currently has 44,200 views. Print
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
December 27, 2020, 2:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The argument of Hurst failing to recruit instantly falls down with what we know about Amond...he won’t have been the only one in that situation you’d have thought...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 305
HertsGTFC
December 27, 2020, 2:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228

You are right but the key word is Braintree! We were still down among the dead men struggling to make a playoff final after all his seasons with a decent budget to put together a team to get out of that league. He’s a firefighter so I can see there may be an attraction, but he is not a “promoter”. I am sure good owners could find a better manager.

And a firefighter us what we need now.

There must only be one objective from now until the end of the season ....... survival!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 305
fiveallive
December 27, 2020, 2:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +230
Gold Stars: 5
I would have Hurst back but it was a love hate relationship with fans, Hurst lack of using youth players has been the one positive from him leaving, so I would be worried about our youth system with Hurst in charge.

I think Hurst will end up at Bradford.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 305
arryarryarry
December 27, 2020, 2:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from aldi_01
Once Hurst was on his own and developed his approach there was barely an away game where you didn’t know we’d win 1-0 or get the much needed result.

People point to the fact we were along way from the top spot the year we actually went up but who actually cares...I wouldn’t trade that day for anything.

People always forget we almost missed out on the playoffs in Buckley MKII...

Hurst’s style may not have been overly exciting but it was effective regardless of what people say. Perhaps he was too cautious at times and I’ve spoke with him and he’s admit that but let’s face it, the minute we re-entered the league the club reverted to type which meant bringing in cheaper players...however, those players still bought in to what Hurst was about and it was working.

The man at the top was responsible for the relationship breaking down and we’ll never really know if Hurst could’ve taken us beyond...probably not given the leadership at the top but just becauee he cupped his ears and some fans got all sulky about it shouldn’t mean the guy isn’t listed in there with Buckley, McMenemy, etc...he got us promoted. Only two managers in my life time have achieved that.

He’s the only manager that hand on heart any of us could say assembled a team we felt connected with aside from the Lord.

I don’t believe he’ll come back under Fenty’s rule, if he did it would shock me and I’m not sure it would be worth ruining what went before. For me, whilst Fenty remains intercourse all changes and the club remains on life support regardless of manager...

I think it would be good to move the club forward of new owners came in and that would mean a new manager we’ve never seen before but if new owners brought Hurst back I don’t it would be the worst thing ever...

I don't know how long you have been watching Town but that statement ignores quite a few of us who have been watching for some time :-

Lawrie McMenemy (probably the best manager in Town's history to get the players engaged with the fans)

Tom Casey

John Newman

George Kerr

Dave Booth

Alan Buckley

Private Message
Reply: 43 - 305
MarinerWY
December 27, 2020, 2:39pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,992
Gold Stars: 47
Yes yes yes.

If he joined with the consensus that this season is about maintaining league status (absolutely vital for so many reasons) and therefore its about doing what's necessary with the squad we have and that could mean boring 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws, then I think most would agree to that - with a view to build something more exciting for next season.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 305
grimsby pete
December 27, 2020, 2:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
I voted for him because I misjudged him over the Amond fiasco.

I thought it was his decision but it was Fenty being petty yet again.

Sorry Paul.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 305
Boris Johnson
December 27, 2020, 2:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Not a flipping chance, an abject failure, year after year.  No doubt we would have to endure that bullying piece of excrement Doig as well. intercourse off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 305
Boris Johnson
December 27, 2020, 2:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from arryarryarry

I don't know how long you have been watching Town but that statement ignores quite a few of us who have been watching for some time :-

Lawrie McMenemy (probably the best manager in Town's history to get the players engaged with the fans)

Tom Casey

John Newman

George Kerr

Dave Booth

Alan Buckley

agreed, utterly ridiculous statement to make from the child
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 305
Fishy clapper
December 27, 2020, 2:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Waiting to see which way Ipswin votes and I’ll follow his lead.

Hasn’t been proven wrong about a manager yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 305
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 27, 2020, 3:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Fishy clapper
Waiting to see which way Ipswin votes and I’ll follow his lead.

Hasn’t been proven wrong about a manager yet.

Think you’ll find Swin was a supporting advocate of Newell’s appointment so he’s not flawless!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 305
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.