6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
OneLove
December 24, 2020, 5:24am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Come on John you've shafted this club enough now, its easy and simple take the offer and actually gain a tad bit of respect from the fans and show you are true to Grimsby or carry on regardless and lose the fans with no forthcoming income?

Its a no brainer, without fans football dies, without us fans our club would die. Unless your going to pull a new crowd of town fans from out the hat this is a serious serious message to you and all your coffin dodger yes men its not a small minority thats concerned as that drip day states, no pal its a HUGE minority, its not just on the forums on social media its a town load of us that your going against, a town you have to live in, live amongst and face daily.

No mans bigger than the town, be wise and be careful what your wishing for!
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
December 24, 2020, 5:31am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Just go John just go !!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 51
Mikey_345
December 24, 2020, 6:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,576
Gold Stars: 113
Dear John,

urine off!

Regards
Everyone

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 51
mariner91
December 24, 2020, 7:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,769
Gold Stars: 262
Dear John. Terrible film and ten years old now, surprised we’re discussing it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 51
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 24, 2020, 7:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from mariner91
Dear John. Terrible film and ten years old now, surprised we’re discussing it.

The tv show with the painters/decorators was ok though

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 51
Hagrid
December 24, 2020, 7:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
If he doesnt go today the club dies
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 51
MuddyWaters
December 24, 2020, 7:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid
If he doesnt go today the club dies

And takes Phil ‘rehab’ Day with him.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 51
ginnywings
December 24, 2020, 9:47am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Makes me laugh all this vocal minority stuff. About 90% of people who have voiced an opinion want him out and of those, most have said they will stop going if he doesn't leave. Are they assuming that everyone who hasn't voiced their opinion on social media are somehow of a different mindset? Every single fan I know has said they won't carry on supporting until he has gone, whether they have expressed that publicly or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 51
OneLove
December 24, 2020, 10:26am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Makes me laugh all this vocal minority stuff. About 90% of people who have voiced an opinion want him out and of those, most have said they will stop going if he doesn't leave. Are they assuming that everyone who hasn't voiced their opinion on social media are somehow of a different mindset? Every single fan I know has said they won't carry on supporting until he has gone, whether they have expressed that publicly or not.

Ive got mates who stopped going seasons ago because of fenty who are now saying told you so, but this is the shot, the time everyones had enough and is taking a stand, every town fan i know has said it not ones gone against it so pretty much sums up that the majority arent going to ride along with him no more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 51
GrimRob
December 24, 2020, 10:29am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,453
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from ginnywings

Even if by some miracle many of the people not on social media do want JF to remain, you can bet your bottom dollar that they are not the ones signing up to watch live streams. My dad's generation doesn't "do" social media, but they don't "do" live streams either, or buy things online at the club shop. If there is an online boycott it will be a massive percentage of the club's current income.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 51
Humbercod
December 24, 2020, 10:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 82
Time for a change absolutely but how can anyone have a problem with Fenty wanting his own money back is beyond me. Just pay him his 1.5M and let’s all move on for the good of the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 51
December 24, 2020, 11:02am
Guest User
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Wasn't that Brush Strokes
Reply: 11 - 51
aldi_01
December 24, 2020, 11:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Humbercod
Time for a change absolutely but how can anyone have a problem with Fenty wanting his own money back is beyond me. Just pay him his 1.5M and let’s all move on for the good of the club.

Nobody has, what people have an issue with is the fact he’s been offered a fair deal but it doesn’t suit him. His arrogance is astounding and the more that unravels the worse it actually gets for Fenty...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 51
Ipswin
December 24, 2020, 11:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from aldi_01

Nobody has, what people have an issue with is the fact he’s been offered a fair deal but it doesn’t suit him. His arrogance is astounding and the more that unravels the worse it actually gets for Fenty...

Its not really a 'fair' deal at all. If the new crowd don't put money into the playing side of GTFC (and not just developing a stadium and the Ice House) we might well be in the Conference or lower in 3 years

If they are as flush as they make out paying Fenty now is just a drop in the ocean

I am concerned that they are even thinking we might not be in the EFL in the next three years - doesn't fill me with confidence about how they see Grimsby Town (as opposed to Grimsby town) going forward

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 51
immariner
December 24, 2020, 11:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Humbercod

I absolutely have a problem with Fenty wanting his money back. Because it's his incompetence that created most of this debt, not ITV Digital or three-crested newts, but this club losing its football league status under his watch. The man's hubris and lack of self awareness is just gobsmacking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 51
immariner
December 24, 2020, 11:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

I am concerned that they are even thinking we might not be in the EFL in the next three years - doesn't fill me with confidence about how they see Grimsby Town (as opposed to Grimsby town) going forward

Have you had a look at the league table and our squad? FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 51
MuddyWaters
December 24, 2020, 11:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Its not really a 'fair' deal at all. If the new crowd don't put money into the playing side of GTFC (and not just developing a stadium and the Ice House) we might well be in the Conference or lower in 3 years

If they are as flush as they make out paying Fenty now is just a drop in the ocean

Question for you Swin.

If you were buying GTFC from John Fenty and you were aware of his track record, would you give him all the loan money back as part of the deal and pay him face value for his shares?
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 51
OneLove
December 24, 2020, 11:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Question for you Swin.

If you were buying GTFC from John Fenty and you were aware of his track record, would you give him all the loan money back as part of the deal and pay him face value for his shares?

Ipswins that far up his bottom he would probably give him the loan money back and then reinstate him as chairman again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 51
Ipswin
December 24, 2020, 11:27am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from immariner

But aren't the new mob supposed to be sweeping in to change all that and take us into the Premier League, investing in players and stuff Fenty is accused of not doing?

No flipping point in buying the club unless they want to improve things unless of course they are only interested in the stadium and Grimsby property refurbishment / development side of things...oh wait...

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 51
headingly_mariner
December 24, 2020, 11:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from GrimRob

Even if by some miracle many of the people not on social media do want JF to remain, you can bet your bottom dollar that they are not the ones signing up to watch live streams. My dad's generation doesn't "do" social media, but they don't "do" live streams either, or buy things online at the club shop. If there is an online boycott it will be a massive percentage of the club's current income.

Absolutely, I’ve bought every away game I’ve not been to since ifollow started. I’ve got a season ticket this season as always so I’ll get the home ones. I’ve bought every away game so far this season, I will now be ordering them from the club we are playing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 51
Ipswin
December 24, 2020, 11:34am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Question for you Swin.

Depends how much I really wanted to buy GTFC (and why of course)

If I wanted it purely for the love of the football team probably not but if I was a property developer who saw the financial possibilities of in filling in the dock, building a new stadium, refurbishing the Ice House and other deprived area of the town and needed an EFL level team to put in it then yes

Surely a drop in the ocean like £1.5m can't be a sticking point

I think neither side is willing to give in and heads need knocking together bit like the Brexit deal I suppose. (Just hope Shutes and Co don't excrement on us like I fear Boris has over fishing rights)

Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
immariner
December 24, 2020, 11:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

But aren't the new mob supposed to be sweeping in to change all that and take us into the Premier League, investing in players and stuff Fenty is accused of not doing?

No flipping point in buying the club unless they want to improve things unless of course they are only interested in the stadium and Grimsby property refurbishment / development side of things...oh wait...

We have a £1.5m salary cap that we've effectively spunked, so there's little room.for manouvreing round this turdberg we're currently heading for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
Ipswin
December 24, 2020, 11:43am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from immariner

We have a £1.5m salary cap that we've effectively spunked, so there's little room.for manouvreing round this turdberg we're currently heading for.

FFS we should be able to pay the bunch of shite we've currently got out of the club shop takings and still have change for a Fentyburger

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
Humbercod
December 24, 2020, 11:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from immariner

I absolutely have a problem with Fenty wanting his money back. Because it's his incompetence that created most of this debt, not ITV Digital or three-crested newts, but this club losing its football league status under his watch. The man's hubris and lack of self awareness is just gobsmacking.

Eh the club was saddled with debt when he stepped in!! I’m not defending Fenty’s reign but let’s stick to the facts, there wasn’t many people including yourself I guess that were prepared to step in and keep the club alive, this gets conveniently forgotten.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
Stranger in the Park
December 24, 2020, 11:57am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -187
Gold Stars: 7
I'm totally gobsmacked as to how nonchalant some people can be about other people's money. £1.5million is a colossal amount of money whatever your personal circumstances. To say you support the denial of a complete repayment as set out is ridiculous. John Fenty regardless of the club's position or status supported the club financially and made sure it was free of debt- no mean feat in itself. Regardless of your personal feelings for him, just what do you really know about Shutes & Co. So far , it seems to me that he has a reluctance to prove that he has the necessary available and that he is only interested really in any spin-off redevelopment, which apparently is his means of income. Be wary of what you wish for.
I do believe that it's in everyone's interest that JF should move on due to the hostility towards him but by the same token, there is no excuse for not repaying him as without his financial support we would have possibly sunk out of sight. Let's not forget that most of his predecessors were not that popular as well (it's a thankless job in honesty).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
MuddyWaters
December 24, 2020, 11:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Eh the club was saddled with debt when he stepped in!! I’m not defending Fenty’s reign but let’s stick to the facts, there wasn’t many people including yourself I guess that were prepared to step in and keep the club alive, this gets conveniently forgotten.

It was, of course, his choice. Nobody else's. Since then, he's always had to blame someone or something else. Never his fault.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
davmariner
December 24, 2020, 11:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
I'm totally gobsmacked as to how nonchalant some people can be about other people's money. £1.5million is a colossal amount of money whatever your personal circumstances. To say you support the denial of a complete repayment as set out is ridiculous. John Fenty regardless of the club's position or status supported the club financially and made sure it was free of debt- no mean feat in itself. Regardless of your personal feelings for him, just what do you really know about Shutes & Co. So far , it seems to me that he has a reluctance to prove that he has the necessary available and that he is only interested really in any spin-off redevelopment, which apparently is his means of income. Be wary of what you wish for.
I do believe that it's in everyone's interest that JF should move on due to the hostility towards him but by the same token, there is no excuse for not repaying him as without his financial support we would have possibly sunk out of sight. Let's not forget that most of his predecessors were not that popular as well (it's a thankless job in honesty).

So not move on because he’s incompetent, but because fans don’t like him? Give your head a wobble. He’s toxic because he’s an incompetent narcissist.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
MuddyWaters
December 24, 2020, 12:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Yes, it's a thankless task if you stack up substantial losses, get your club relegated by poor appointments, don't get promoted when you go back on a deal with your manager, fall out with the local radio, renege on deals with top players (Vernam, Amond, Coyne), blame everyone else.

Simply put, JF has had nearly 2 decades to leave a legacy. Look at it.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
immariner
December 24, 2020, 12:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

We'll never actually know what would have happened, so whilst having respect for Fenty's initial involvement, I don't swallow that everythimg that came after that should be considered as Fenty's benevolent philanthropy, rather than his impotent stewardship. He decided to cover those losses, losses signed off by him, as cutesie little "benign" loans, when he could have covered the shortfall by invessting in shares instead.

And intercourse off with the sanctimony. We've all stepped in over Fenty's tenure in our own ways, probably stretching into 5 figures for most of us. Fenty wants to walk away at the end of this, having recouped essentially everything. I'm not having it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 51
aldi_01
December 24, 2020, 12:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Your Fenty sized present under your tree must be flipping enormous...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
GrimRob
December 24, 2020, 12:20pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,453
Gold Stars: 115

Ultimately the club is worth nothing though if people don't put money into it. It will end up going into administration or he'll have to put more in to keep it afloat. It's better to cut his losses and take what he can now, today. If you've ever bought shares you have the same dilemma if you have a large loss on a stock: pump in more and try and bring down your average price or just take the loss on the chin. Having tried both strategies I know what a relief it is just to press the sell button and then the decision's made and you can take your money away and invest in something else. Chasing money rarely works.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 51
Humbercod
December 24, 2020, 12:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from immariner

We'll never actually know what would have happened, so whilst having respect for Fenty's initial involvement, I don't swallow that everythimg that came after that should be considered as Fenty's benevolent philanthropy, rather than his impotent stewardship. He decided to cover those losses, losses signed off by him, as cutesie little "benign" loans, when he could have covered the shortfall by invessting in shares instead.

And intercourse off with the sanctimony. We've all stepped in over Fenty's tenure in our own ways, probably stretching into 5 figures for most of us. Fenty wants to walk away at the end of this, having recouped essentially everything. I'm not having it.

You make some good points but why get abusive? Would you tell a stranger in a pub to intercourse off for giving his/view? No of course you wouldn’t... It just cheapens your own opinion pal.
Anyway A few hundred quid and a town top once hardly equates to you being on an equal footing with the saviour of our football club. Fenty won’t get back anywhere near what he’s put in but he is entitled to his loaned money back 100%
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
toontown
December 24, 2020, 12:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Humbercod

You make some good points but why get abusive? Would you tell a stranger in a pub to intercourse off for giving his/view? No of course you wouldn’t... It just cheapens your own opinion pal.
Anyway A few hundred quid and a town top once hardly equates to you being on an equal footing with the saviour of our football club. Fenty won’t get back anywhere near what he’s put in but he is entitled to his loaned money back 100%

What about the 200k for shares that were not even his until  he bullied fans into handing them over for free! He is NOT entitled to a penny for those shares!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
aldi_01
December 24, 2020, 1:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
No he isn’t entitled to it. Nobody made him put it in and when you purchase something that can fluctuate in value you will only get what it’s worth, regardless of how much you’ve put in.

Fenty has essentially bought a stately home that was sort of alright but owed council tax. He paid the council tax (sort of, we know there’s issues here too) and then remortgaged the property to allegedly develop it, spun led half a million on a vanity project that came to nothing.

The home has subsequently gone down in value; markets play a part but mismanagement, lack of investment or ideas has seen the house become significantly less valuable...someone has offered what it is worth and provided a plan, a fair plan to at least allow the person to recoup that initial investment based on the fact the new investors are able to turn things around. If not, the so called original investment will have to be curtailed and expunged so money’s can be used to ensure the long term stability of the property...*

Fenty has been offered a good and fair deal. Greed is stopping him.

I understand he doesn’t know how inflation works or how to acruslly work it out but I’m sure Shutes and co. Could use drawings and simple diagrams to explain their offer...

*i’m fully aware this is extremely basic and it’s more complicated but people will get the gist...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
immariner
December 24, 2020, 2:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

We're not in a pub, don't be so precious, it's just an intensifier.

Again with the sanctimony. We've all contributed what we can afford to keep this club going, sometimes more than I can reasonably afford. I'm not asking for it back. He might think he is but Fenty is not entitled to having his full loans repaid. The club is worth what somewhat is willing to pay for it, including liabilities, sorry "benign loans". That value could be significantly reduced in 6 months' time, owing to the decisions of the current incumbent. Someone can't run a business so poorly that they have to lend it money to cover agreed losses and then reasonably expect full recompense. Or maybe they can when they have people feeding their 'saviour' complex?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
KingstonMariner
December 24, 2020, 2:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I can still remember the first couple of bars of that theme tune. Now you’ve bloody started that ear worm in my head.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
KingstonMariner
December 24, 2020, 2:11pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from immariner

Swim only looks at that when he wants to have a moan about how bad we are.

He seems to have been a changed man with regards to Fenty since they met in the bogs at Braintree.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
meddaboy
December 24, 2020, 2:11pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -6
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
KingstonMariner
December 24, 2020, 2:18pm
Meths Drinker

But we’re not free of debt! We owe Fenty £1.5m. That debt GREW in the years after he took over. Much of it when we went down. Nearly £600k spunked on Great Coates when anyone who knew the slightest thing about development said that out of town retail was dead and even continued to spend money after the owner said he wasn’t interested in selling to the club any more.

It’s like the banks and the 2008 crash. Their mistakes. Other people pay the bill.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
KingstonMariner
December 24, 2020, 2:20pm
Meths Drinker
PS the consortium even offered him the full amount, the rate of repayment just qualified by whether we were in the league or not.

At the present rate he won’t get his money for 8 years anyway. And that’s not guaranteed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
KingstonMariner
December 24, 2020, 2:23pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Absolutely, I’ve bought every away game I’ve not been to since ifollow started. I’ve got a season ticket this season as always so I’ll get the home ones. I’ve bought every away game so far this season, I will now be ordering them from the club we are playing.

Can I suggest sticking it in a rainy day fund? The quality of the football isn’t good, you can’t help the lads by cheering them in and you’re just helping the competition’s coffers.

Splurge what you've saved on Town later on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
Oly1987
December 24, 2020, 2:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,228
Gold Stars: 22
funny cos I'm hearing a lot of "well fenty kept us debt free". Seeing as Fenty is seeking repayment of 1.5 million quid, would that not be considered a debt?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
immariner
December 24, 2020, 2:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Oly1987
funny cos I'm hearing a lot of "well fenty kept us debt free". Seeing as Fenty is seeking repayment of 1.5 million quid, would that not be considered a debt?

For me, Golly's post explains it perfectly.

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1608796889/s-0/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
Humbercod
December 24, 2020, 2:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from immariner

We're not in a pub, don't be so precious, it's just an intensifier.

Again with the sanctimony. We've all contributed what we can afford to keep this club going, sometimes more than I can reasonably afford. I'm not asking for it back. He might think he is but Fenty is not entitled to having his full loans repaid. The club is worth what somewhat is willing to pay for it, including liabilities, sorry "benign loans". That value could be significantly reduced in 6 months' time, owing to the decisions of the current incumbent. Someone can't run a business so poorly that they have to lend it money to cover agreed losses and then reasonably expect full recompense. Or maybe they can when they have people feeding their 'saviour' complex?

Is it so hard to accept he saved the club? The irony is people like yourself would’ve been happy clapping his arrival without knowing intercourse all about the guy, just like some are now with this Shutes fellow.
It’s fair say Fenty has been a massive failure and I want him gone as much as the next town fan, but I can appreciate he stepped in when the club was on its absolute bottom when no one else did. Oh well roll on 4 o’clock 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
Quagmire
December 24, 2020, 2:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from KingstonMariner
PS the consortium even offered him the full amount, the rate of repayment just qualified by whether we were in the league or not.

At the present rate he won’t get his money for 8 years anyway. And that’s not guaranteed.

Will take even longer to get his money back if he doesn’t sell and we all boycott the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
KingstonMariner
December 24, 2020, 3:03pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

Will take even longer to get his money back if he doesn’t sell and we all boycott the club.

Exactly!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
IlkleyMariner
December 24, 2020, 3:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Quagmire

I can guarantee he won’t get any of my money
Nothing, zero, zilch.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
Ipswin
December 24, 2020, 3:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

He seems to have been a changed man with regards to Fenty since they met in the bogs at Braintree.

Not at all I just saw that he was as excited, desperate to win that game, committed and fanatical about Grimsby Town as I was and every other Town fan at Braintree that day,
Noticeable when, like many at the Town end he raced down from the directors box (it was Braintree I use the word loosely) over the wall and accross the pitch as soon as the final whistle went
In fact the only difference between him and the other 1000 of us was that he had more tied up in the club than we had

Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
aldi_01
December 24, 2020, 3:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Not at all I just saw that he was as excited, desperate to win that game, committed and fanatical about Grimsby Town as I was and every other Town fan at Braintree that day,
Noticeable when, like many at the Town end he raced down from the directors box (it was Braintree I use the word loosely) over the wall and accross the pitch as soon as the final whistle went
In fact the only difference between him and the other 1000 of us was that he had more tied up in the club than we had

Did he though? It’s clear now that is intention was always to get that money back. Had Braintree gone mammaries up, at some point he was still intending to get his money back...none of us were getting a flipping thing back.

Even on that day, arguably our greatest day in recent history he still managed to embarrass us by dry flipping his bird and behaving like a tool in the directors seats/bar (I had a friend who was in there, said Fenty couldn’t have been anymore embarrassing if he’d tried).

His ‘I’m a fan therefore I get it’ ruse is bullshit. A fan would’ve realised their mistakes and the lasting damage they’re doing and walked away...plenty would’ve left the cash they believe they’re owed in, or taken the very fair deal that’s been offered.

The mans a girl private. Nothing more nothing less...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
Bristol Mariner
December 24, 2020, 3:47pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Ipswin

The only mob will be the one outside BP very soon....

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
Ipswin
December 24, 2020, 3:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

The only mob will be the one outside BP very soon....

Are you Ian Holloway?

Private Message
Reply: 50 - 51
KingstonMariner
December 24, 2020, 5:20pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Never doubted that he was a fan. I also don't doubt that the guy is a prizeprick. That much was obvious when I sat in McMenemy's and heard him say how much his vandalised car cost.

Plenty of hooligans are genuine fans too. But it doesn't excuse their other behaviour.

I'm surprised at a cynic like you being taken in.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 51
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.