KingstonMariner
December 24, 2020, 2:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Absolutely, I’ve bought every away game I’ve not been to since ifollow started. I’ve got a season ticket this season as always so I’ll get the home ones. I’ve bought every away game so far this season, I will now be ordering them from the club we are playing.

Can I suggest sticking it in a rainy day fund? The quality of the football isn’t good, you can’t help the lads by cheering them in and you’re just helping the competition’s coffers.

Splurge what you've saved on Town later on.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
Oly1987
December 24, 2020, 2:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,228
Gold Stars: 22
funny cos I'm hearing a lot of "well fenty kept us debt free". Seeing as Fenty is seeking repayment of 1.5 million quid, would that not be considered a debt?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
immariner
December 24, 2020, 2:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Oly1987
funny cos I'm hearing a lot of "well fenty kept us debt free". Seeing as Fenty is seeking repayment of 1.5 million quid, would that not be considered a debt?

For me, Golly's post explains it perfectly.

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1608796889/s-0/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
Humbercod
December 24, 2020, 2:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from immariner

We're not in a pub, don't be so precious, it's just an intensifier.

Again with the sanctimony. We've all contributed what we can afford to keep this club going, sometimes more than I can reasonably afford. I'm not asking for it back. He might think he is but Fenty is not entitled to having his full loans repaid. The club is worth what somewhat is willing to pay for it, including liabilities, sorry "benign loans". That value could be significantly reduced in 6 months' time, owing to the decisions of the current incumbent. Someone can't run a business so poorly that they have to lend it money to cover agreed losses and then reasonably expect full recompense. Or maybe they can when they have people feeding their 'saviour' complex?

Is it so hard to accept he saved the club? The irony is people like yourself would’ve been happy clapping his arrival without knowing intercourse all about the guy, just like some are now with this Shutes fellow.
It’s fair say Fenty has been a massive failure and I want him gone as much as the next town fan, but I can appreciate he stepped in when the club was on its absolute bottom when no one else did. Oh well roll on 4 o’clock 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
Quagmire
December 24, 2020, 2:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from KingstonMariner
PS the consortium even offered him the full amount, the rate of repayment just qualified by whether we were in the league or not.

At the present rate he won’t get his money for 8 years anyway. And that’s not guaranteed.

Will take even longer to get his money back if he doesn’t sell and we all boycott the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
KingstonMariner
December 24, 2020, 3:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Quagmire

Will take even longer to get his money back if he doesn’t sell and we all boycott the club.

Exactly!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
IlkleyMariner
December 24, 2020, 3:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Quagmire

I can guarantee he won’t get any of my money
Nothing, zero, zilch.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
Ipswin
December 24, 2020, 3:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner

He seems to have been a changed man with regards to Fenty since they met in the bogs at Braintree.

Not at all I just saw that he was as excited, desperate to win that game, committed and fanatical about Grimsby Town as I was and every other Town fan at Braintree that day,
Noticeable when, like many at the Town end he raced down from the directors box (it was Braintree I use the word loosely) over the wall and accross the pitch as soon as the final whistle went
In fact the only difference between him and the other 1000 of us was that he had more tied up in the club than we had

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
aldi_01
December 24, 2020, 3:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Ipswin

Not at all I just saw that he was as excited, desperate to win that game, committed and fanatical about Grimsby Town as I was and every other Town fan at Braintree that day,
Noticeable when, like many at the Town end he raced down from the directors box (it was Braintree I use the word loosely) over the wall and accross the pitch as soon as the final whistle went
In fact the only difference between him and the other 1000 of us was that he had more tied up in the club than we had

Did he though? It’s clear now that is intention was always to get that money back. Had Braintree gone mammaries up, at some point he was still intending to get his money back...none of us were getting a flipping thing back.

Even on that day, arguably our greatest day in recent history he still managed to embarrass us by dry flipping his bird and behaving like a tool in the directors seats/bar (I had a friend who was in there, said Fenty couldn’t have been anymore embarrassing if he’d tried).

His ‘I’m a fan therefore I get it’ ruse is bullshit. A fan would’ve realised their mistakes and the lasting damage they’re doing and walked away...plenty would’ve left the cash they believe they’re owed in, or taken the very fair deal that’s been offered.

The mans a girl private. Nothing more nothing less...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
Bristol Mariner
December 24, 2020, 3:47pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Ipswin

But aren't the new mob supposed to be sweeping in to change all that and take us into the Premier League, investing in players and stuff Fenty is accused of not doing?

No flipping point in buying the club unless they want to improve things unless of course they are only interested in the stadium and Grimsby property refurbishment / development side of things...oh wait...

The only mob will be the one outside BP very soon....

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.