Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next Manager ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 278 Guests

Next Manager ?

This thread currently has 16,564 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
December 23, 2020, 9:34pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 115
Hard to summon the slightest enthusiasm for who the new manager is. This morning everything looked so much better. Things are moving so quickly there has to be another development in the next few days. The club cannot continue in its current form as large sections of the support just won't allow it to.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 90 - 100
Sammo
December 23, 2020, 9:35pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +171
Listening to Day it seems it will be Davies/Moore for the foreseeable, but there are probably some desperate has beens wanting any job going who won’t care what’s going on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 100
GrimExile
December 23, 2020, 9:43pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from GrimRob
Hard to summon the slightest enthusiasm for who the new manager is. This morning everything looked so much better. Things are moving so quickly there has to be another development in the next few days. The club cannot continue in its current form as large sections of the support just won't allow it to.

Rob I admire your optimism but I don’t think Fenty wants to sell to anyone. I think his ego and his greed for power overshadows what is good for the club. I’d almost go as far as to say that he’s of the opinion that if we bring him down he’ll bring the club down with him. I supported Fenty in the past but not now I’m afraid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 100
immariner
December 23, 2020, 9:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
All things equal, Alexander would be a perfect fit for us I think. Whether he'd want to come to this basketcase of a club right now is another matter entirely but a pay day is a pay day and he isn't getting one at the minute.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 100
Mayaman
December 24, 2020, 12:42am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from promotion plaice

Well we can't hang around with the window round the corner, we're in trouble.

Who would you go for ?

Graham Alexander would be a good shout for me if he would come here.

It's a big 'if' who would wanna come to manage Town?  The club is toxic.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 100
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
December 24, 2020, 12:44am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,482
Gold Stars: 16
While this sh1t is hanging over us does anyone really give toss who the new manager is?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 100
Mayaman
December 24, 2020, 12:51am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Not by everybody they weren't, only the rose tinted spectacled lot and those wanting to believe anything as they were so desperate for success

Both appointments were heralded as the greatest things ever when it was clear to anyone they weren't

One with no experience whatsoever and one clearly over the hill and living in the past

ROse-tinted spectacles.  What a cliche.  What do you expect fans to do when a manager is appointed?  Immediately slag him off?  What's the point in supporting a club if all you want to do is bring them down?  Why don't you put your name forward?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 100
Mayaman
December 24, 2020, 1:01am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Mariner1980
Not the Cowleys.

I remember reading a while ago whilst at Lincoln one of them was teaching their daughter to say "We hate Grimsby"
So they can urine off.

And everything you read online is true. He might have said it as a joke or something but who would waste time with their daughter talking about us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 100
KingstonMariner
December 24, 2020, 1:03am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
To be honest I don’t think it would matter if Kevin Clifton took over. And he’s a Sladypart.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 100
Mayaman
December 24, 2020, 1:10am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Oly1987
people who think Hurst wouldnt be an appointment for the long term obviously have short memories as after getting us promoted wasnt we in and around the playoff picture before he went Shrewsbury and saved them from league one relegation before turning them into playoff contenders? A manager that can keep clubs up in league 2, challenge for promotion in league 2, keep clubs safe in league 1 and challenge for promotion in 1? sounds just like the kind of person we want for a long term project.

I think we were in 4th or 5th place when Hurst left.  Why would he come back.  The fans were slagging him off.  Do fans of other clubs slag the manager off when their team is at the right end of the table?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next Manager ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.