Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next Manager ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 265 Guests

Next Manager ?

This thread currently has 16,563 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
December 23, 2020, 12:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from ginnywings

Problem is, we need someone who can handle recruitment in Jan. We desperately need some new players. Could a caretaker do this?  

Could a caretaker get the players we have winning games?

The problem then lies with expecting a manager to be able to come in, assess the squad properly, get people out then in, then manage the rest of the season.

First things first - Fenty out.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 100
Ipswin
December 23, 2020, 12:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from chipsandgravy

So, of all the available managers, who would your choice be?

You expect me to answer that? I've already accumulated more Red Xs than anyone else on this board

Not my job to select a manager anyway but whoever we get (unless we appoint another total new boy like Jolley which please God we won't) will be out of a job because he has been sacked elsewhere, we're not likely to get anyone who is any good and gives up a nice number to come to BP.

So long as its not Sol Campbell I don't really give a excrement TBH, its who is going to appoint the new man that worries me most, there is no one on the current board or the mob rumoured to be coming in who knows anything about football.

Be better taking a Fishy poll and letting us choose him

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 100
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2020, 12:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Derek Adams of Morecambe.
He’s taken on a pile of sh*t with no money and now in playoffs and is used to living in the back of beyond as he used to live in Dingwall in the Highlands of Scotland

Why would he come to us.........?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 100
Ipswin
December 23, 2020, 12:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Problem is, we need someone who can handle recruitment in Jan. We desperately need some new players. Could a caretaker do this?  

Could a caretaker get the players we have winning games?

Yes to the second bit and if he did would we need to worry about the first bit? We certainly can't afford to bring in players in haste and intercourse it up again leaving us stuck with even more duffers in the squad

Private Message
Reply: 33 - 100
Ipswin
December 23, 2020, 12:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Is Graham Coughlan on the bookies list?

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 100
ginnywings
December 23, 2020, 12:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Ipswin

Yes to the second bit and if he did would we need to worry about the first bit? We certainly can't afford to bring in players in haste and intercourse it up again leaving us stuck with even more duffers in the squad

We need 2 strikers at least to compete. Who is going to sign them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 100
lee65
December 23, 2020, 12:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from ska face
Can appreciate people want a new manager in ASAP to sort the mess that Bottle-Job Holloway left, but isn’t this merry-go-round all part of the problem? His chair’s still warm.

I’d sooner wait a bit longer and maybe go through a proper recruitment process rather than, say, having a board member sit down chatting wham over a plate of fish & chips with a mate of his.

Personally I wouldn’t want a permanent appointment made until Fenty is gone completely. Everything he touches turns to shite, he is poison and we need a clean break. Having him involved in any decisions going forward would be pointless.

This, give Davies, Dave Moore, and input from Morais (who is doing his coaching I think?) a chance for the next month until ownership is clear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 100
bawarmy
December 23, 2020, 12:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,021
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Mariner1980
Not the Cowleys.

I remember reading a while ago whilst at Lincoln one of them was teaching their daughter to say "We hate Grimsby"
So they can urine off.

And Jose said he would never manage Spurs because he didn’t like them.
I don’t think his daughter would be part of the back room team.
We need to get nasty and Cowley is as nasty as they come
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 100
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2020, 12:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings

This is a bigger concern for me at the moment and add that to who will actually appoint the new manager? I just hope the negotiations (aka fannying about) does not cost us our league status.

I haven't got a scooby who I'd like to see but would prefer a pragmatist as idealism is not going to save us.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 100
Ipswin
December 23, 2020, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Take your pick, John Fenty? Shutes? The tea lady? (she probably has as much idea as the first two) A manager who is in the job for 24 hours? A manager appointed by 1420 this afternoon?

Whoever is put in charge of the January window just cannot afford to intercourse it up. Someone who is already at the club is probably the only option (if we must go down the line of signings) so Moore and Davies look like the only two with the inside knowledge TBH

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next Manager ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.