7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
December 22, 2020, 9:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
If he gets more than just a "competitive budget" he could do well for them..

Good luck to him I say... he never let Town down ( though maybe let himself down with the way he left us )
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 62
HertsGTFC
December 22, 2020, 9:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from mariner91
We didn't play that way at Palace. We had a man sent off and went very, very compact other than Mitch Rose man marking Zaha. At Chelsea, every player went man to man and it was a disaster.

I think Chelsea was the game where Jolley lost the players.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 62
KingstonMariner
December 22, 2020, 9:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

So one manager throws his keeper under a bus and the other loses the whole squad in London!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 62
HertsGTFC
December 22, 2020, 9:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

So one manager throws his keeper under a bus and the other loses the whole squad in London!

Careless fekkers aren’t they 😂

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 62
forza ivano
December 22, 2020, 11:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,284
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from HertsGTFC

the same players that went out 3 days later and spanked Exeter, playing some lovely football whilst doing it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 62
FishOutOfWater
December 22, 2020, 11:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from mariner91
I was genuinely really excited about him after that Notts County game. Not only did we stay up but in that game we played some really decent stuff with a squad that didn't have much going for it and he hadn't put it together nor had long with it. I thought we might have stumbled on to someone who knew how to make a system around the players he had available at his disposal.

It all started to go south when we then spent all summer training for and practing to play with wing backs in pre-season games. Sounds great on paper but he'd not actually bothered to sign a single player capable of playing as a wing back. Cue a poor start to the season and from then we played really boring, defensive football. I can't remember how long it had been since we'd scored a goal when he eventually left but we were pretty terrible.

Good luck to him if he finds another club and thanks for keeping us up but ultimately don't think he has what it takes to make it professionally as a manager.

Last time we scored in a league game with him in charge was away at Stevenage then two blanks and then we scored in his last game in charge at home to Newport in the FAC
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 62
mimma
December 22, 2020, 11:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from forza ivano

the same players that went out 3 days later and spanked Exeter, playing some lovely football whilst doing it?

..... and for some inexplicable reason never played that way again and resorted back to the system that wasn't working in the first place. Think that the Exeter game and the way he never played that way again summed up his time here, and why he failed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 62
HertsGTFC
December 22, 2020, 11:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

I can’t remember lovely football but I do remember Macca being MOM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 62
blundellpork
December 22, 2020, 11:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
We played really well that day at Exeter- everything went through Robson and Hess in the middle, and Ogbu was a great link man up front. One of our games of the season. It was so frustrating that we didn’t keep that line up and style of play beyond that one match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 62
forza ivano
December 23, 2020, 12:09am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,284
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I can’t remember lovely football but I do remember Macca being MOM.

i suspect that you weren't among the 300 of us who were there (including my wife who is a completely dispassionate observer and said she'd never seen us play as well as that).........

see blundellpork's post

ps having said that i would agree with Mimma's post that i'm baffled as to why we never tried to play like that again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.