KingstonMariner
December 22, 2020, 9:20pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from friskneymariner
Whilst I have no doubt the Trust have some very well intentioned people,they are being perceived as puppets of the board and their agenda is to preserve the status quo.
The Trust need to examine it's governance and how it mandates it's 2 board members. Otherwise it becomes a self interest group  dominated by the views of a vociferous minority

That’s absolute ballcocks. It’s got a perfectly sound governance structure. One member one vote. The only way it risks becoming dominated by a vociferous minority is if the majority allow it to by standing on the sidelines moaning.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 65
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 22, 2020, 9:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from KingstonMariner

There was the opportunity to join before and during the debate about the shares. The Trust even made an extra effort to encourage people to join at that point.

So by not being a member and voting you actually enabled the share transfer to happen!

Yeah, agree with all that but regrettably we can’t turn the clock back and paying for mistakes seems a fact of life a bit like being miserable after 90% of our matches. Every season seems to repeat itself, hints of hope soon disappear as we lose far more often then we win.

Merry Christmas!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 65
KingstonMariner
December 22, 2020, 9:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Yeah, agree with all that but regrettably we can’t turn the clock back and paying for mistakes seems a fact of life a bit like being miserable after 90% of our matches. Every season seems to repeat itself, hints of hope soon disappear as we lose far more often then we win.

Merry Christmas!!!!

You can’t turn the clock back but you can do something about it now.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 65
friskneymariner
December 22, 2020, 9:36pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38

That’s absolute ballcocks. It’s got a perfectly sound governance structure. One member one vote. The only way it risks becoming dominated by a vociferous minority is if the majority allow it to by standing on the sidelines moaning.

As a Trust member I have never been consulted re an issue,you cannot deny the fact that the Trust is perceived as being held hostage by the board by the majority of the fans'as much as you would like to bury your head in the sand.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 65
ginnywings
December 22, 2020, 10:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548

Self-defeating argument there Ginny.

Yep, you got me there. Were the members even consulted on who would be co-opted onto the GTFC board? Friskneymariner says he has never been consulted on any issue. I personally feel that the Trust should be a pressure group working from the outside.

As they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. By allowing the Trust onto the board, after finagling the shares away from them, they were effectively hamstrung.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 65
headingly_mariner
December 22, 2020, 10:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124

There was the opportunity to join before and during the debate about the shares. The Trust even made an extra effort to encourage people to join at that point.

So by not being a member and voting you actually enabled the share transfer to happen!

I’m not sure that is the case is it?

As far as I remember it you could join after Parker donated the shares, but not after the question about giving Fenty the shares was asked. As I say that is just from memory and you may be right.

Having said all that, the Trust should never have been put in that position by Fenty. It was a crude and greedy move.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alan Rutter - Mariners Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.