Abdul19
December 17, 2020, 9:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from mariner91
If anyone still wants Fenty and his useless sidekicks over Stockwood, Shutes and Pettit then they need their head testing.

Yeah but the club would be dead if it wasn't for Fentys putting his money in year after year.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 89
nightrider
December 17, 2020, 9:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I remember when John was lauded as the saviour
He literally could do no wrong. Like Ian, fans writing love letters to him, shaking his hand in the street, walk on water, the Stockwood of the noughties, almost kissing the ground he walked on.
Oh how times change 🤣🤣🤣

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 89
Rodley Mariner
December 17, 2020, 9:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from nightrider
He literally could do no wrong. Like Ian, fans writing love letters to him, shaking his hand in the street, walk on water, almost kissing the ground he walked on.
Oh how times change 🤣🤣🤣

Town fans are fickle as intercourse mate. Poor fornicator's only had 16 years and they're already turning on him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 89
nightrider
December 17, 2020, 10:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
🤣🤣
True. Bill Carr only managed 4 years.
He got the full treatment

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 89
MuddyWaters
December 17, 2020, 10:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from nightrider
He literally could do no wrong. Like Ian, fans writing love letters to him, shaking his hand in the street, walk on water, the Stockwood of the noughties, almost kissing the ground he walked on.
Oh how times change 🤣🤣🤣

I doubt any other owner at any other club would still have fans subbing the budget after 17 years of mediocrity.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 89
The_Laughing_Mariner
December 17, 2020, 10:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Yes JF has kept the club alive.  On life support.  He hasnt taken the club forward, Its ;like we are in a permanent coma

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 89
Vance Warner
December 18, 2020, 7:27am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,832
Gold Stars: 106
Just a tyre kicker with no proof of funds for a rainy day remember.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 89
aldi_01
December 18, 2020, 8:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Vance Warner
Just a tyre kicker with no proof of funds for a rainy day remember.

This has always been a sticking point for me. Not the fact people may not have played ball but the response from the club.

Does he think by using that sort of language he connects with the favs? If he does he’s an idiot.

Those little elements of public unprofessionalism are reasons why folk won’t get involved or buy his bullshit. Openly calling folk who’ve a track record of dr elopement and success ‘tyre kickers’ is just childish and small time.

Hull City were referred to as ‘Dull’ at the stadium open events back in like 2015 or whenever. It’s just petulant and not funny.

The ice bucket challenge, the snapping of a kids flag because Newport were better than us, moaning about his car being scratched etc.

It’s unimportant and doesn’t need to happen. People don’t find it funny nor do they want to hear it.

A bit like his nonsensical rants; yes John, we get it, you own the club so you’re better than us big just stay away. Petulant responses because you don’t like what folk are saying don’t clear anything up, they just turn more folk against you.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 89
SomeSanity
December 18, 2020, 8:42am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Tyre Kickers is one of those funny phrases, isn't it? Indicating people wanting to be involved with the club are time waster because they allegedly have no money.

Why is it funny? Well, because the majority of the club's current board are in a very similar position.. No actual money. Ironic really isn't it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 89
diehardmariner
December 18, 2020, 10:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from nightrider
Oh how times change 🤣🤣🤣

When?

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just can't remember it.  

What I do remember is Fenty wheeling himself out at every possible opportunity to revel in the limelight.

Tranmere away in 2004 - he was there waving in front of the fans with Daniel Khan from the college as if he was some sort of hero for appointing Nicky Law who managed to secure relegation from a lower midtable position.
Spurs at home when we knocked them out in the Cup - Don't forget about the oranges....yeah, nice one John.  
Bournemouth away - celebrating on the pitch the fact we had stayed up because two other teams had received massive point deductions.
The aforementioned Ice-bucket challenge, easily the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen at Blundell Park, including some of the performances of the last 15 years.

Need I go on?

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jason Stockwood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.