Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unhappy Ollie to make a statement (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 259 Guests

Unhappy Ollie to make a statement (merged)

This thread currently has 13,870 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
SomeSanity
December 17, 2020, 2:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Boris Johnson

You, like me have no idea of the level of funding they will bring. You are guessing, and I dont think we will ever know.

Even if its no funding, it's the same level as what we have been getting in recent times. The only difference is they bring a fresh approach and fresh ideas. Three people with three sets of new business contacts.

Yes, there are risks but there are with any transaction but at least the club is debt-free and not beholden to one man.

What makes you so sure we will ever know Boris?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 85
louth_in_the_south
December 17, 2020, 2:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
He’s in this up to his neck .
How was May going to invest £1m ?
How was Holloway going to fund taking overGtfc ?
The whole thing stinks

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 85
KingstonMariner
December 17, 2020, 2:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The bee all and end all is what Ollie wants to do.

He has the choice of backing his 'bezzie mate' JSF, who along with the rest of the Board have put nothing into the club in the last year, therefore leaving him on the breadline with only two thrupenny bits to use for transfers. To continue with this option as is, he will be gone before the end of the season in my eyes

or

He backs a takeover by THREE investment businessmen who may not have an affinity with GTFC, but will bring much needed funding in to be used for the team, the training ground, and even a new ground. They may only want it as a business, but no businessman invests to throw his money away. This is the long term option which could see Ollie firmly encamped in GTFC folklore

Olly’s got a pair of thrupenny bits?? He doesn’t look fat enough for man boobs.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 85
arryarryarry
December 17, 2020, 2:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from monkeyboy
He s probably not happy at some idiot fans shouting he needs to make a statement about this Alex May bloke.
Ollie has always said he leaves the business side to the board not including himself.

Maybe he is finding out how bad and fickle some of our fans are after a not ideal start to the season but lets face it no worse than it has been for years.  
Lets face it we get a win and people scream promotion, get a loss and its relegation.  

A complete rebuild of the team and we are struggling, the building blocks are there but not the patience.

FFS pull your head out of your bottom, GTFC fans and the Fishy are no different to every other club

Take a peek at the forums of other clubs that are struggling and the reaction is just the same.

The Notts County forum was full of vitriol about their directors and hate against the criminal who wanted to be part of their club.

Private Message
Reply: 63 - 85
Jarmo.Is.God
December 17, 2020, 2:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
As usual, he speaks very passionately about things he's not happy about.

I am thinking along the lines of being sold a story by Fenty, then finding out he's dealing with convicts, and him finding out via the media like the rest of us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 85
Boris Johnson
December 17, 2020, 2:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from SomeSanity

Even if its no funding, it's the same level as what we have been getting in recent times. The only difference is they bring a fresh approach and fresh ideas. Three people with three sets of new business contacts.

Yes, there are risks but there are with any transaction but at least the club is debt-free and not beholden to one man.

What makes you so sure we will ever know Boris?

because I think the Football club is probably a side interest that has to fit into there other plans, I worry long term. I think the salary cap makes funding for players irrelevant, and that it will be an astute manager who can get the best out of that budget.  We certainly need to become more attractive, that I dont dispute...and I still thnk we are years away from any new ground, as obstacles will be put in the way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 85
Ruston AT
December 17, 2020, 3:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10

because I think the Football club is probably a side interest that has to fit into there other plans, I worry long term. I think the salary cap makes funding for players irrelevant, and that it will be an astute manager who can get the best out of that budget.  We certainly need to become more attractive, that I dont dispute...and I still thnk we are years away from any new ground, as obstacles will be put in the way.

Why? Are we negotiating with the EU. Sorry just had to put that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 85
SomeSanity
December 17, 2020, 3:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1

Boris, Boris, Boris,

Up until 4 days ago GTFC was a side interest of JF's so don't give me that. More obstacles will be in place with a figurehead that has been known to deal with crooks that hasn't made any headway since 2004.

** EDIT**

Time to shite or get off the pot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 85
Bigdog
December 17, 2020, 3:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
The bee all and end all is what Ollie wants to do.

He has the choice of backing his 'bezzie mate' JSF, who along with the rest of the Board have put nothing into the club in the last year, therefore leaving him on the breadline with only two thrupenny bits to use for transfers. To continue with this option as is, he will be gone before the end of the season in my eyes

or

He backs a takeover by THREE investment businessmen who may not have an affinity with GTFC, but will bring much needed funding in to be used for the team, the training ground, and even a new ground. They may only want it as a business, but no businessman invests to throw his money away. This is the long term option which could see Ollie firmly encamped in GTFC folklore

https://twitter.com/jstockwood?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Jason Stockwood Twitter bio.. Forever GTFC with three fishes and regularly attends matches.. Is it the Grimsby fear of the unknown that makes people contradict what they can easily find out with a couple of clicks of a button? And then make swathing assumptions about their motives? FFS, the only evidence we've seen is an artist's impression of a new stadium on a rejuvenated run down dockland area, so we can safely assume it's the centrepiece of their plans for GTFC and they've already got an existing local project underway. Can't we just be happy with that for now until we hear from the horse's mouth so to speak. And the "no businessman throws his money away" line.. ever heard of charity, investment in positive PR, doing things for the greater good, philanthropy or legacy?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 85
The_Laughing_Mariner
December 17, 2020, 3:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
Even if the "Golden Triumvirate" are not GTFC fans, they are or were local, so will understand what GTFC means to the people of Grimsby.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unhappy Ollie to make a statement (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.