9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Iknowyoursecret
December 16, 2020, 2:50pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Reading the telegraph today,nelc spokesman says they had no knowledge I find that hard to believe https://www.nottscountyfc.co.u.....-1600.png/Exclusive: Evidence places fresh scrutiny over true role of Alex May in Notts County takeover

May was said to be advising lawyer Colin Dodd's group, but evidence suggests the convicted conman has a more significant role
BY LEIGH CURTIS
15:00, 12 JUN 2019UPDATED19:26, 12 JUN 2019
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 81
Dan
December 16, 2020, 2:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Just stinks doesn’t it? 25 million to regenerate the town, and suddenly councillors are setting up property development and energy companies. If Alex May wasn’t looking for his cut, we probably wouldn’t have noticed them looking to skim off their cuts.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 81
lew chaterleys lover
December 16, 2020, 3:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Dan
Just stinks doesn’t it? 25 million to regenerate the town, and suddenly councillors are setting up property development and energy companies. If Alex May wasn’t looking for his cut, we probably wouldn’t have noticed them looking to skim off their cuts.

It really is utterly disgraceful from Fenty and his gang, it really is. Talk about conflict of interests. Portfolio holder for regeneration in Grimsby, and he sets up a business for "Town centre living" (regeneration) with a convicted crook. I wonder why that would be?
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 81
FishOutOfWater
December 16, 2020, 3:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Stadium

Didn't the NELC statement say that they had merely been in talks with May?

Deviously omitting that they actually had meetings where such talks would have been taking place?

Something very fishy about this indeed......
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 63 - 81
aldi_01
December 16, 2020, 3:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
So not only is this seemingly getting worse for Fenty, the council are probably sweating to...

Looking forward to seeing us feature in next weeks private eye...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 81
Madeleymariner
December 16, 2020, 4:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from KingstonMariner
[td]
[/td]

So that’s alright then is it?

No it isn't alright for them to do dodgy stuff, but majority of councillors who get to chair or lead groups (or are part of the top table) tend to be career politicians often with ties to a political party, who are in it for the money/kudos/what they can get out of it., its unlikely to change and if you get rid of your current bunch of councillors they are likely to be replaced with a similar set dependant on the current political climate, or by tradition where a ward would vote for a monkey or a donkey if it had right political party rosette on its chest, as people dont generally care about local politics till there is a scandel or it directly affects them in a negative way. I'm curious how many on here know who your local councillor is, where he lives/has lived/jobs hes done/how he has voted in the chamber since elected/previous political leanings/club and association memberships. etc because until people look into who they plan to vote for it ain't going to change.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 81
ginnywings
December 16, 2020, 4:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
What I find hilarious is that several thousand football fans at Grimsby, Counteh and Chesterfield knew of this man and his convictions for the last 2 years at least, but the NELC didn't. JF knew his past, we already know that much, but it seems the movers and shakers on the rest of the committee didn't. Hmmm!

I've thought right from the off that his position at the council was a conflict of interest, and his "stepping back" from the club was in name only. Now he says he's coming back to the club, that he never really left anyway.

I hope all those at the NELC who were grinning like Cheshire cats when they swept to power, get looked at long and hard over this. Let's not forget they inherited this windfall, which was set up and got over the line by the previous administration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 81
dicko995
December 16, 2020, 4:56pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -252
Gold Stars: 26
I just hope that with Fenty being involved in GTFC, and these misdemeanors cropping up, that the EFL dont get involved about the running of our beloved Club, and we eventually get points deducted, that would be a dagger through the heart of the Club, and not a nice exit for Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 81
forza ivano
December 16, 2020, 5:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from ginnywings
What I find hilarious is that several thousand football fans at Grimsby, Counteh and Chesterfield knew of this man and his convictions for the last 2 years at least, but the NELC didn't. JF knew his past, we already know that much, but it seems the movers and shakers on the rest of the committee didn't. Hmmm!

I've thought right from the off that his position at the council was a conflict of interest, and his "stepping back" from the club was in name only. Now he says he's coming back to the club, that he never really left anyway.

I hope all those at the NELC who were grinning like Cheshire cats when they swept to power, get looked at long and hard over this. Let's not forget they inherited this windfall, which was set up and got over the line by the previous administration.

nottingham city council also knew about him. They had a meeting with him, then did due diligence and the result was no further meetings
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 81
KingstonMariner
December 16, 2020, 11:13pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Madeleymariner

No it isn't alright for them to do dodgy stuff, but majority of councillors who get to chair or lead groups (or are part of the top table) tend to be career politicians often with ties to a political party, who are in it for the money/kudos/what they can get out of it., its unlikely to change and if you get rid of your current bunch of councillors they are likely to be replaced with a similar set dependant on the current political climate, or by tradition where a ward would vote for a monkey or a donkey if it had right political party rosette on its chest, as people dont generally care about local politics till there is a scandel or it directly affects them in a negative way. I'm curious how many on here know who your local councillor is, where he lives/has lived/jobs hes done/how he has voted in the chamber since elected/previous political leanings/club and association memberships. etc because until people look into who they plan to vote for it ain't going to change.  

That’s my whole point. You seem to be excusing it on the basis that corruption and unethical behaviour are fairly widespread.

I don’t need to justify my position by saying anything about my local councillors. Behaviour like Fenty’s is wrong whether my local councillors are paragons of virtue or have their fingers so far in the till their shoulders are stuck. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.

No matter how many wrongs there are, it doesn’t make a right, to coin something my late mother used to say.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NELC Statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.