Rick12
December 8, 2020, 10:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from moosey_club

Usain Bolt is a very athletic looking person , doesnt mean he is a good League 2 striker....Gibson really is useless with a football.

Edwards i am afraid has already dipped over the horizon for me....looked very exciting at first....but with each passing game i have got less and less excited to the point i no longer bother getting excited when he gets the ball, i now just try and predict at which point he will waste/lose possession, immediately...after the first man is beaten, maybe the second, maybe he will beat 3 men this time before knocking it for a throw in.
Zero end product.
I dont know where our budget fits with other teams in this division  but I try to take a pragmatic view . Make and try to get the best out of the players we have.

Hopefully Edwards will improve. Has some spark there and I always like watching him.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 281
Boris Johnson
December 8, 2020, 10:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Rick12
I dont know where our budget fits with other teams in this division  but I try to take a pragmatic view . Make and try to get the best out of the players we have.

Hopefully Edwards will improve. Has some spark there and I always like watching him.

we have had Edwards type players in the past, Dembele, the lad last year, name forgotten  no end product, but worth keeping for the odd moment of quality,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 281
ginnywings
December 8, 2020, 10:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rick12

We have a salary cap, so the same as everyone else, supposing we've spent to the limit. Board say we haven't or have, depending on which interview you listen to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 281
Boris Johnson
December 8, 2020, 10:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from ginnywings

We have a salary cap, so the same as everyone else, supposing we've spent to the limit. Board say we haven't or have, depending on which interview you listen to.

if that squad is anywhere near the salary cap, Im the Prime Minister,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 281
cardiffmariner
December 8, 2020, 10:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from moosey_club

Usain Bolt is a very athletic looking person , doesnt mean he is a good League 2 striker....Gibson really is useless with a football.

Edwards i am afraid has already dipped over the horizon for me....looked very exciting at first....but with each passing game i have got less and less excited to the point i no longer bother getting excited when he gets the ball, i now just try and predict at which point he will waste/lose possession, immediately...after the first man is beaten, maybe the second, maybe he will beat 3 men this time before knocking it for a throw in.
Zero end product.

With moosey on this one. Edwards has become increasingly frustrating and wasteful. He can beat as many players as he wants but it currently counts for jack shitt as his final ball/decision making is little better than appalling.

We are pathetically poor up front right now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 281
Rick12
December 8, 2020, 10:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Boris Johnson

we have had Edwards type players in the past, Dembele, the lad last year, name forgotten  no end product, but worth keeping for the odd moment of quality,
Players like Dembele can make things happen though. I love a player that can take on a opponent.

Quoted from ginnywings

Thanks for the information.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 281
ginnywings
December 8, 2020, 10:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Boris Johnson

if that squad is anywhere near the salary cap, Im the Prime Minister,

Well Boris, we have a massive squad, so if it's not gone, it can't be far off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 281
Bigdog
December 8, 2020, 11:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Loads of 5/10 meh player performances moulded into a 3/10 team performance ending in a 2-0 home defeat to a team that don't really look to have the quality of a table topping side..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 281
pen penfras
December 9, 2020, 9:38am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Bigdog
Loads of 5/10 meh player performances moulded into a 3/10 team performance ending in a 2-0 home defeat to a team that don't really look to have the quality of a table topping side..

It wasn't a 3/10 performance. Granted, it wasn't very good, but we lost to the team that's top of the league and they created one chance from open play after 1 minute and that was it. Yes, we self inflicted it with daft fouls and didn't deserve a goal, but it wasn't terrible. Sides lower down won't press as hard as Exeter and Cheltenham have done, so our style of play might be more successful with a bit more time for players to make decisions.

My biggest problem is this side reminds me so much of Slade a couple of years ago. Big squad, pass it around ok in the middle of the park, give away soft goals, never look like scoring a goal first, best football comes when we're behind and the opponents can sit back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 281
Mariner John
December 9, 2020, 10:33am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +633
Gold Stars: 54
Can't even pass the ball when hitting it only 5 yards, that's about all the players.

Stop hoofing it past midfield thinking you are passing it to Vardy to run onto, you aren't

Someone tell Edwards he isn't Sterling even if he thinks he is. Send him on an intensive, "How to keep your balance course" Then preferably pass it to one of our own players, instead of losing it 9 times out of 10

Shoot when you get a chance, the goal is the rectangle thing with a net behind it.

The number of fouls we gave away last night was ridiculous. 20 is a joke

Succesful crosses, zero. Corners please oh please try to hit it past the first defender.

When playing it out from the back and it isn't working you could always try another way.

Hitting it past a defender is wonderful if you have the speed to outrun him, you don't so stop it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 281
29 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newport match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.