Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › YOUR Stevenage match thread, sponsored by Castrol
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 279 Guests

YOUR Stevenage match thread, sponsored by Castrol

This thread currently has 25,404 views. Print
27 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
November 1, 2020, 10:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 123614

Didn't know you was a professional football manager Swin!

I don't go on about it as much as Holloway

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 260
grimsby pete
November 1, 2020, 11:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
I think Ollie signed too many of the players who he had not seen play for a long time or ever and relied on his contacts or even players themselves . Yes I am fit and ready to go was probably the response he got from most of them.

Ollie did not have much experience of this division so had to rely on others but he is getting to know more every game and he will sort of out sooner or later.

Write this season off as a learning curve and we go again stronger and wiser next season.

Ollie should know who he can rely on by now  so I expect a settle team going forward so we should see a few better results.

Keep the faith.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 260
devs
November 1, 2020, 11:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from grimsby pete
I think Ollie signed too many of the players who he had not seen play for a long time or ever and relied on his contacts or even players themselves . Yes I am fit and ready to go was probably the response he got from most of them.

Ollie did not have much experience of this division so had to rely on others but he is getting to know more every game and he will sort of out sooner or later.

Write this season off as a learning curve and we go again stronger and wiser next season.

Ollie should know who he can rely on by now  so I expect a settle team going forward so we should see a few better results.

Keep the faith.

This

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 260
promotion plaice
November 1, 2020, 11:53am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

Anyone know if the match highlights are out yet  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 260
Garth
November 1, 2020, 12:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from 3610

This is the point. They don’t have enough time. They can’t work on things. There isn’t time. The season is a joke. Sky and the prem have screwed us on the promise of funding. We only started cos they said they would help our funding.

We maybe locking down soon. Our club has set a budget that has survival as the primary purpose. We have therefore scraped a new squad together. This is the most important thing. Survival. To say our players and Holloway aren’t trying, or wasting time in training is out of order.

We get back late tonight. Recovery session tomorrow. Then one day of training on Monday before barrow on Tuesday.

You have one day ..... What do you do? Work on your team philosophy. Focus on the opposition. Work on set pieces like you say. Fitness ???? Whilst also Not over working the players as they are playing the next day?

You then play Tuesday.  You finish late Tuesday. Wednesday recovery day. You then have Thursday to train. A lighter session Friday. Game Saturday.  REPEAT. what the intercourse do you expect our lads to do.

This is ontop of us having 2 weeks less development than every other team due to covid.

Serious question. What do you want them to do. What do you want them to do in their one day of training before the next match.  ????  

All the other teams play to the same programme, they manage, apart from the old brigade and a couple of exceptions the new lads are embarrassing wanting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 260
pen penfras
November 1, 2020, 1:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from promotion plaice

Anyone know if the match highlights are out yet  

Which pass back to McKeown would be your pick for our highlight?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 260
KingstonMariner
November 1, 2020, 1:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

Which pass back to McKeown would be your pick for our highlight?

Probably the one which started with a free kick well into their half, and through slick passing and teamwork the ball ended up ‘safely’ at the feet of Macca. It had me up on my feet shouting “England! It’s just like watching England.”

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 260
Madeleymariner
November 1, 2020, 2:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Probably the one which started with a free kick well into their half, and through slick passing and teamwork the ball ended up ‘safely’ at the feet of Macca. It had me up on my feet shouting “England! It’s just like watching England.”

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 260
Stadium
November 1, 2020, 3:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 260
November 1, 2020, 9:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from Garth

All the other teams play to the same programme, they manage, apart from the old brigade and a couple of exceptions the new lads are embarrassing wanting

but we have a complete new squad, with a lot of these signings happening very late on. we also didn't have a pre season due to the uncertainty of when the season was going to begin. A lot of clubs have gambled their financial futures and got a squad together earlier than us. A lot of these teams will also start to struggle paying wages in the coming clubs.

Our football has been affected by our sensible off season decisions.
Reply: 259 - 260
27 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › YOUR Stevenage match thread, sponsored by Castrol

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.