Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 278 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 6,010 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
September 5, 2020, 5:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Well, somebody had to start it!!..
Scannell, get him match fit hell boss this league, Rose and Williams  looks like they'll control midfield but we do need a back up for Hanson, good finish by Green but not an out an out front man.
Think we'll be fine thus season but not expecting too much for the first 6-8 games until the team settle..
Logged Offline
Private Message
ex-merseymariner
September 5, 2020, 6:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,403
Gold Stars: 9
Just back.... from where?

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
sonofmadeleymariner
September 5, 2020, 6:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Scannell and Pollock for my MoM. All the new guys impressed apart from Gibson, but only because he never really got the chance to. Green scored a good goal so he's half way through last seasons tally already. Scannell looks a class above this league if we can get him fit and then keep him fit I can only see good things at the moment. Special mention to the young lad Khouri thought he looked very composed when he came on

If we'd had a full preseason we'd of beat Morecombe today, it was only when tired legs started to kick in did they come back into the game get this squad fit and i'm very optimistic of our chances going forward.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
GollyGTFC
September 5, 2020, 6:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,063
Gold Stars: 359
Scannell and Pollock for my MoM. All the new guys impressed apart from Gibson, but only because he never really got the chance to. Green scored a good goal so he's half way through last seasons tally already. Scannell looks a class above this league if we can get him fit and then keep him fit I can only see good things at the moment. Special mention to the young lad Khouri thought he looked very composed when he came on

If we'd had a full preseason we'd of beat Morecombe today, it was only when tired legs started to kick in did they come back into the game get this squad fit and i'm very optimistic of our chances going forward.

Green scored 4 goals last season in all competitions. And today was only an EFL Cup match so he’s not half way to his league tally of 2 last season anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 29
grimsby pete
September 5, 2020, 6:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
We need a few weeks to get everybody fit and to get to know each other.

I think we will end up nearer the top than the bottom.

Agree we need a striker let's hope one of the new lads can cut the mustard.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 5, 2020, 6:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,021
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

The fridge

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
Nelly GTFC
September 5, 2020, 6:29pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,761
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from ex-merseymariner
Watching on top of the roof? 1930s stylee like my dad used to as a kid?

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
moosey_club
September 5, 2020, 6:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,315
Gold Stars: 227

We had a very young side out there come the end, squad depth will be a key and we dont have masses of experience beyond the first 15/16 which showed at the death.
Lack of pre season games also showed , on the odd occassion i think Preston forgot he was out on loan as he passed a couple of times straight to red and white     but his take and run for our goal was superb.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
LondonMariner43
September 5, 2020, 6:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
I liked the way we played most of the time once we’d settled after the early goal.  Back 5 looked composed most of the time and we have Hendrie to come back.  Preston, Waterfall, Pollock, Hendrie and McKeown must be a very decent L2 standard.

Midfield played it around nicely and the diagonal balls out wide worked well with Scannell’s quality on the end.  Will be interesting to see who are the first choice three.  Rose, Williams and then one from a few.  

I’d be surprised if Green and Tilley are first choice but Scannell looks a cut above.  His ability to control the ball was immense.

Seeing last season how Ollie can develop a team I feel like we should be looking up rather than down but maybe mid table with a hope of play offs rather than right up there.  

Exciting to see so many young players- is Khouri only 17? He could end the season in the first team.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
GTFCH
September 5, 2020, 6:44pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +79
Two things...

1) Couldn’t agree more with IH re not being allowed to make 5 subs. Some lads were out on their feet and no where near ready for 90mins. Ridiculous how it’s one rule for the prem and one for FL.

2) Was it just me or was the ref blowing his whistle twice all the time. Particularly noticeable during the pens. Can someone please explain?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.