Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 'The Project'.....
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 272 Guests

'The Project'.....

This thread currently has 9,127 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
August 29, 2020, 6:05am
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It’s ok saving £7500 but how much do we get for winning in the 1st round of Carabao?

Probably about £2.50!!
Reply: 50 - 52
aldi_01
August 29, 2020, 6:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Heisenberg

There's no way I think it's easy, I wasn't trying to say that.  But without investment, and, in our case, a new stadium, we'll not have the Lincoln effect.

I know Sincil Bank isn't new, but the cup run and winning the conference title did it for them.  For us, it would take something similar AND a new stadium, I suspect.  There's plenty of local football fans (not necessarily ardent Mariners) who won't step foot inside Blundell Park, because it's a dump.  Whilst that isn't a good enough reason, in my opinion, it is also my opinion that it is indeed a dump.

I think you’re right but the response of ‘it’s not as easy as you think’ is predictable and typical. I’m surprised there also hasn’t been a response of ‘at least we still have a club to support...look at bury blah blah’.

That sort of acceptance of less than mediocrity and almost poo pooing of likelihood of improving and moving forward is exactly why we languish towards the bottom of the table.

We could’ve had what Lincoln had, we’ll never know either way because we didn’t react as a club but I suspect we’d have shifted a lot more than 3000 ST if they’d gone on sale straight away after getting promoted.

We’ve all met town fans who won’t go because they don’t like BP. Personally for me that’s a lame excuse but each to their own. It’s beyond that though, our training facilities are poor, Christ we were genuinely serious and happy with purchasing a new pool table and a portacabin.

We all know fans that won’t go because of the current regime either. That’s naturally a concern. It’s all a bit of a mess and now we have fans who continue to go but don’t support the club away from results and then we have those who are seemingly blind to the inadequacy of the board...there’s a few in the middle who don’t seem to care either way.

Is what happened at Lincoln, Brighton, even Donnie and Rotherham for example easy? Not a chance but does that mean you don’t try?

And that’s the hard thing to swallow at town because we don’t try. We’ve brought a named manager in with some proven successes but that isn’t the only thing that will change it all, and you can have whoever being your manager but they’re only a cog in a big machine and quite frankly I think, a long with others that that machine is knackered, or significantly ceased up.

But I’m sure someone will come and tell us we ships e thankful we exist, we’ll be lucky if we see the season out and the next few years is all about existing...damn that ambition and progressive thinking.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
Grantham_Mariner
August 29, 2020, 9:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,204
Gold Stars: 51
Last season the prize money was...

Winners  £100,000
Runner-ups  £50,000
Semi Finalist  £25,000
Quarter Finalist  £25,000
Round 4  £15,000
Round 3  £10,000
Round 2  £7,000
Round 1  £5,000

As someone just said, not alot !

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 'The Project'.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.