7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner Timsky
November 23, 2018, 11:47am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
This is fantastic when Euro clubs fans get together with English sides, , , especially the smaller sides, , , what is not so good is when they are joining forces for more sinister reasons , ,  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 63
KingstonMariner
November 23, 2018, 1:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Several lower level teams have alliances with continental teams only last yr 150 Grimsby went to watch Aalst in some low level Belgium game

Forgive for making the connection between international hooligans (specifically the ones reported as being in Clee with Port Vale) and the far right. Wouldn't surprise me if there's some recruiting going on.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 63
Hameln Mariner
November 23, 2018, 2:13pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +134
Not sure about this "link". I went to Aalst about 10 years ago when the friendship was fairly new. I suspect that I was possibly even the first town fan that went to see them play at home. They are a lively bunch and do enjoy a beer or two (who wouldn't in Belgium?). As for being right wing, I'm as far from that as possible and the lads I spent time with certainly were not either. If things have moved on and something has developed then I'll admit to being behind the curve but I think something is being made out of nothing here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 63
GYinScuntland
November 23, 2018, 3:55pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Meanwhile on the subject of banning orders..
on the Scunthorpe telegraph website there's an article about a gang causing trouble by attacking people before and during Scunthorpe matches.
The police have been aware of them since last season , the football intelligence officer is aware, SUFC are aware but any sniff of a banning order? No.

"Alongside SUFC we’re now issuing a warning to them about their behaviour so it doesn’t get any worse and become a problem for the club and for us.

Superintendent Dave Hall, who is leading this footballing initiative for Humberside Police said: “Our football intelligence officers have reported that this particular group of youths seem to think it is a good idea to cause trouble on match days.

“Some of them used to go to matches but have decided now to do this instead. I’d like to remind them that it’s not funny or clever and we are putting a stop to it."

"The youths have been harassing fans attending games at Glanford Park
“The vast majority of football fans want to enjoy a good day out, go and support their team, and don’t expect to be threatened or be in fear of violence. The real football fans are families, young children as well as elderly people.

“The last thing I want to do is criminalise children or young people as it can have a profound impact long into their adult lives.

“If this continues there is the potential for these youths get a criminal record through Football Banning Orders or even Criminal Behaviour Orders."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 63
rancido
November 23, 2018, 3:57pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from Cloudy

Kids will hear and pick up far worse language at school!

There needs to be room for a wide variety of fans at all grounds, sections for families, sections for the prawn sandwich brigade but also sections for those who want to chant and sing to get behind their team AND to try and intimate the opposition. Never been any different.
I understand the Lower Smiths can be a hotbed, certainly for the bigger games, yet I choose not to sit there. Football cannot and in my view, should not, try to alienate youngsters, youths, pensioners or anyone in between.

Enjoy your quinoa salad whilst reading the Guardian.

Doesn't make it right though.
Do you allow your children ( if you have any ) to swear at you or your family in your home?
FOOTBALL FOR ALL!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 63
Gaffer58
November 23, 2018, 4:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
So if these scunny lads, don't think you can call them fans as they do not attend games, get arrested for fighting, do you give them a banning order, as said earlier they found not attend games. At what point is fighting football related or just a fight in the street.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 63
GYinScuntland
November 23, 2018, 4:26pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Gaffer58
So if these scunny lads, don't think you can call them fans as they do not attend games, get arrested for fighting, do you give them a banning order, as said earlier they found not attend games. At what point is fighting football related or just a fight in the street.

They're attacking football fans next to a football ground on a match day. It's football related.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 63
Cloudy
November 23, 2018, 5:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Gaffer58

Wouldn’t a banning order exclude them from a certain radius of the ground.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 63
dapperz fun pub
November 23, 2018, 10:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Forgive for making the connection between international hooligans (specifically the ones reported as being in Clee with Port Vale) and the far right. Wouldn't surprise me if there's some recruiting going on.

The far right and the far left both represented at Aalst last year ( from gy)  I know people who went with totally different perspectives on politics but who have a love for their home grown team gtfc.  Don’t make any connections between international hooligans and Grimsby this is purely a friendship with like minded Belgium’s who support a poor low level team who play in black and white and who like a good drink as for port vale maybe their alliances-motives are different ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 63
KingstonMariner
November 23, 2018, 10:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

The far right and the far left both represented at Aalst last year ( from gy)  I know people who went with totally different perspectives on politics but who have a love for their home grown team gtfc.  Don’t make any connections between international hooligans and Grimsby this is purely a friendship with like minded Belgium’s who support a poor low level team who play in black and white and who like a good drink as for port vale maybe their alliances-motives are different ?

I was making a connection between hooligans and the far right. Nothing to do with Aalst or Grimsby. I responded to a comment about 'German hooligans' kicking off in Cleethorpes. I've come across plenty of far right football hooligans but so far no left wing ones.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football Banning Orders

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.