FishOutOfWater
November 16, 2018, 7:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from GrimRob
Is it really worth having dozens of police at a football match watching out to see if anyone makes the male masturbator sign (or similar)? Wouldn't they be better off looking for shoplifters or drug dealers who perpetrate crimes with a far greater social cost than a gesture between two drunken supporters separated by a stand?

I am not saying it is not a crime, simply that most reported crimes are never solved. I've always suspected the police can make their own figures look better by finding their own minor "crimes" to balance out some of the unsolved ones. Let's say there are 10 shoplifting incidents in the town centre on a Saturday afternoon. The police would do well to even solve 2 of these, so 20% success rate. On the other hand then can arrest 5 D&D fans and 5 for gestures and BINGO they can have a 50% success rate while forgetting about all those awkward shoplifters, many of whom are professional thieves and good at what they do, as opposed to the easy pickings at the match.

And in all likelihood there will be "safety" cameras taking nice photos of you driving on roads where you're unsure as to where you are travelling to and from so a few miles over the limit and Bob's your uncle for the boys in blue.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 63
Marinerz93
November 17, 2018, 2:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
It's a Grimsby thing, a bit like a Glasgow kiss, a punch to the chops is just to test how strong your jaw is, other clubs strip fans and feel them up.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/SGYfKNo.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 63
Mrs Doyle
November 17, 2018, 4:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I honestly think some people regard this as a badge of honour, top of the league in banning orders is something to be ashamed of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 63
dapperz fun pub
November 17, 2018, 8:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,063
Gold Stars: 84
Our failing police force seem to view it more a badge of honour imo I mean let’s face it in crime statistics Humberside police finish bottom on virtually everything,so at least their good at this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 63
Gaffer58
November 17, 2018, 3:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Due to us having a poor reputation, being stuck out on a limb and basically a run down ground, us this why some clubs away support is quite poor at BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 63
Not again.
November 19, 2018, 9:05am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: -2
Despite the hysteria surrounding this, I can't recall ever seeing a punch landed on anyone in 30 years of supporting Grimsby. Just shows how under control the British are when you can be in real trouble for accidentally jabbing someone with an inflatable shark, whilst meanwhile in France motorways are blocked and fires are burning because they aren't happy with the price of diesel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 63
grimsby pete
November 19, 2018, 4:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Not again.
Despite the hysteria surrounding this, I can't recall ever seeing a punch landed on anyone in 30 years of supporting Grimsby. Just shows how under control the British are when you can be in real trouble for accidentally jabbing someone with an inflatable shark, whilst meanwhile in France motorways are blocked and fires are burning because they aren't happy with the price of diesel.

The only time I have seen punches thrown in over 63 years was in the Ponny when away fans had come in looking for trouble, they always left wishing they had not bothered.

At away games we have had  bricks, coins and urine thrown at us but I never saw any police arrest any of their supporters.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 63
Grim up north
November 20, 2018, 10:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +691
Gold Stars: 1
The club have to take their share of the blame for some incidents for how they were badly handled.
Mansfield at home - larger than average Mansfield following with known element.Anyone who witnessed the 80's and 90's knows you either hold them back and let the home fans disperse or let the away fans out Harrington St . Someone made the decision to let them out with the home fans - no excuses ,they shouldn't fight but it was a cocktail for disaster.
Port Vale home - Port Vale with a much larger than normal travelling element plus a German hooligan contingent drinking in Cleethorpes all morning and no extra police in the ground leads to Vale fans overpowering the exposed stewards and trying to storm the home end. Some Town fans fought back and look to be getting banning orders but if they had broken into the lower then the outcome could've been perhaps quite a lot worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 63
KingstonMariner
November 20, 2018, 11:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Grim up north
The club have to take their share of the blame for some incidents for how they were badly handled.
Mansfield at home - larger than average Mansfield following with known element.Anyone who witnessed the 80's and 90's knows you either hold them back and let the home fans disperse or let the away fans out Harrington St . Someone made the decision to let them out with the home fans - no excuses ,they shouldn't fight but it was a cocktail for disaster.
Port Vale home - Port Vale with a much larger than normal travelling element plus a German hooligan contingent drinking in Cleethorpes all morning and no extra police in the ground leads to Vale fans overpowering the exposed stewards and trying to storm the home end. Some Town fans fought back and look to be getting banning orders but if they had broken into the lower then the outcome could've been perhaps quite a lot worse.

Really? Not heard that before. Why would they come all the way here? See NEL as a soft touch?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 63
arryarryarry
November 21, 2018, 3:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Not again.

Actually the gentleman didn't actually accidentally jab someone he belted the steward several times, it was clearly seen on the TV footage.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football Banning Orders

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.