8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
April 1, 2024, 11:05am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
We need to up our capacity if we can get 8-9 k average that will attract players.
The gaps at the main and findus put temporary standing in there to generate more atmosphere.
As Artell said in his interview players do ask the question what’s your average attendance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 70
malkamalka
April 1, 2024, 11:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from arryarryarry
Wont the same people be in charge next season, so why should it be any different?

I just don't get how quickly people forget what a basket case the club was until 1878 guys came in. They had huge debts to pay off to the previous owner, as well as fund a promotion back into the EFL, fund proper training gear (remember the players saying they trained with punctured footballs)? The they had to get the club back on a sustainable financial foot ing - warning that it would take several years. Now we are sustainable because we are living within our means.

Would people rather we go into debt to fund a promotion into L1 only for the money to run out again, and we end up back in the Conference or worse?

Or would we rather allow the owners to build the club back up to a level that is sustainable, both financially and footballing wise?

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 70
kevikov
April 1, 2024, 4:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +851
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from malkamalka

I just don't get how quickly people forget what a basket case the club was until 1878 guys came in. They had huge debts to pay off to the previous owner, as well as fund a promotion back into the EFL, fund proper training gear (remember the players saying they trained with punctured footballs)? The they had to get the club back on a sustainable financial foot ing - warning that it would take several years. Now we are sustainable because we are living within our means.

Would people rather we go into debt to fund a promotion into L1 only for the money to run out again, and we end up back in the Conference or worse?

Or would we rather allow the owners to build the club back up to a level that is sustainable, both financially and footballing wise?

I seriously doubt they’re capable of that though. And wait g for them to learn how to do it will rip the guts out of the club. Might not be anything left by the time some “footballing fortune” comes round. Same old same old for me.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 70
rancido
April 1, 2024, 5:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,647
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from kevikov

Whatever you think , I believe ,long term , that we are in better hands than the previous incumbent. Imagine what dodgy character (s) The Leech could have sold us to? Just look down the A18 to see how things could have been.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 70
RonMariner
April 1, 2024, 5:08pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,813
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from rancido

Whatever you think , I believe ,long term , that we are in better hands than the previous incumbent. Imagine what dodgy character (s) The Leech could have sold us to? Just look down the A18 to see how things could have been.

Won't have to look very far. We'll be playing there next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 70
JK47
April 1, 2024, 5:13pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.72
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from malkamalka

So the club was a basket case as you say), and the current owner paid the full asking price?  That was the first eyebrow raising moment for me.  So, here's a car that is rusting and the engine doesn't go, but I want 20K for it .....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 70
davmariner
April 1, 2024, 5:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,962
Gold Stars: 79
Our trajectory is clear and worrying. Only a few weeks ago we were ten+ points clear of the relegation zone. We’re going down.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 70
Zmariner
April 1, 2024, 5:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from malkamalka

We are still a basket case, am I missing something?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 70
RonMariner
April 1, 2024, 5:23pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,813
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from davmariner
Our trajectory is clear and worrying. Only a few weeks ago we were ten+ points clear of the relegation zone. We’re going down.

For quite a while we have assumed that we would be safe because FGR and Sutton were basket cases with no hope. The stats mad crowd posted all manner of PPG analysis that proved that all would be well.

Well how's that looking now? Anyone care to do a PPG forecast based on the last four games?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
April 1, 2024, 5:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,747
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from RonMariner

For quite a while we have assumed that we would be safe because FGR and Sutton were basket cases with no hope. The stats mad crowd posted all manner of PPG analysis that proved that all would be well.

Well how's that looking now? Anyone care to do a PPG forecast based on the last four games?

Never a truer word said. That bloke on Twitter, some "prophet " or other who does his projections after each round of games will be bang on the money after 46 games. Anything can and probably will happen, including us having a sudden upturn and escaping.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Staying UP

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.