3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
DB
March 24, 2024, 11:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
The Wrexham game was supposedly going to be a sell out. The gate was 7728 and 1128 came from Wrexham meaning the home attendance was 6600, just over the ST sales. This was not a sell out game as witnessed by the empty seats around the ground, probably ST's who didn't turn up.

Looking at the 7 games in March, Barrow is still to come, most expected 6 points at best but we have 9 points so far with the game in hand. Barrow might be a tough game and I think a point is achievable.

We have 7 games in April and victories should be obtainable from the Bradford, Newport, Colchester and Swindon games with the hope of a point or 2 from the others. Colchester do not look like they have a good run in, nor do Sutton while FGR have 4 away games out of their 6 games in April.

Hopefully, by the time we play Colchester, we should have secured our place in L2 for next year, It may be close and squeaky bum time but I'm sure we will survive.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner91
March 24, 2024, 11:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
But it was a sell out game. The number of tickets available was in single figures. But some season ticket holders didn’t attend or release their tickets. There is definitely an issue with tickets available being a poor view or just single seats on their own. It will definitely put off floating fans and is something they need to look at.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
1mickylyons
March 24, 2024, 12:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Loads of empty seats around me in the Upper all STH it's clear that the release your seat thing isn't very appealing to fans tk bother.The empty seats were far more visible after the HT whistle and when I left on 75 mins the Findus bar was packed solid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
lew chaterleys lover
March 24, 2024, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from DB
The Wrexham game was supposedly going to be a sell out. The gate was 7728 and 1128 came from Wrexham meaning the home attendance was 6600, just over the ST sales. This was not a sell out game as witnessed by the empty seats around the ground, probably ST's who didn't turn up.

Looking at the 7 games in March, Barrow is still to come, most expected 6 points at best but we have 9 points so far with the game in hand. Barrow might be a tough game and I think a point is achievable.

We have 7 games in April and victories should be obtainable from the Bradford, Newport, Colchester and Swindon games with the hope of a point or 2 from the others. Colchester do not look like they have a good run in, nor do Sutton while FGR have 4 away games out of their 6 games in April.

Hopefully, by the time we play Colchester, we should have secured our place in L2 for next year, It may be close and squeaky bum time but I'm sure we will survive.

I think the run ins are largely meaningless, hence our unexpected win against MK and Colchesters point at Mansfield.

It's will to win and momentum at this stage.

What is a reality check is just how poor we are. Honestly to assemble a squad as bad as this takes some doing.

A whole re-think is required for the summer recruitment as our support deserves a lot better than having players who look like they are playing with a balloon in a gale.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 24, 2024, 12:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79

I think the run ins are largely meaningless, hence our unexpected win against MK and Colchesters point at Mansfield.

It's will to win and momentum at this stage.

What is a reality check is just how poor we are. Honestly to assemble a squad as bad as this takes some doing.

A whole re-think is required for the summer recruitment as our support deserves a lot better than having players who look like they are playing with a balloon in a gale.

To be fair they were playing in a gale yesterday! Recruitment as you say is poor but to actually select three midfield players who are incapable of running at anything beyond jogging pace is quite frankly unbelievable and unacceptable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
Phil the cod
March 24, 2024, 2:31pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Without exception, every team we've played against this season looked fitter than us, some of our players are blowing out their arses after 20 minutes.
Maybe that's because with them the ball is doing the work whereas with us we are constantly chasing shadows.
Without the pressing of Danny rose we are cloggers and plodders at best.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
Yoda
March 25, 2024, 12:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,157
Gold Stars: 71
That squad is 100% non league we should really be bottom but a really bad fgr and sutton team are keeping our heads above water.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
jimgtfc
March 25, 2024, 7:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Loads of empty seats around me in the Upper all STH it's clear that the release your seat thing isn't very appealing to fans tk bother.The empty seats were far more visible after the HT whistle and when I left on 75 mins the Findus bar was packed solid.

I’ve released my ST on 6 occasions this season due to work and other commitments. I release it a week in advance, it’s next to a non ST seat so an opportunity to have 2 next to each other, and of those 6 times it’s sold just once.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
1mickylyons
March 25, 2024, 7:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from jimgtfc

I’ve released my ST on 6 occasions this season due to work and other commitments. I release it a week in advance, it’s next to a non ST seat so an opportunity to have 2 next to each other, and of those 6 times it’s sold just once.

Makes me wonder what goes on clearly last week there was a scramble for seats yet come kick off at least 500 empty seats dotted about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
jimgtfc
March 25, 2024, 7:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Makes me wonder what goes on clearly last week there was a scramble for seats yet come kick off at least 500 empty seats dotted about.

It’s bizarre, if it is ST holder not releasing their seat then they absolutely should, the club couldn’t make it any easier and there’s some decent incentives as well. I released my ST for the Wrexham game on the Monday before it as I had tickets for the England Brazil game, yet it still didn’t sell apparently.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
jimgtfc
March 25, 2024, 7:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from jimgtfc

It’s bizarre, if it is ST holder not releasing their seat then they absolutely should, the club couldn’t make it any easier and there’s some decent incentives as well. I released my ST for the Wrexham game on the Monday before it as I had tickets for the England Brazil game, yet it still didn’t sell apparently.

Actually scrap that, just checked the website and it did sell. Must’ve been last minute. Still only 2 out of 6 though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
March 25, 2024, 7:49am
Guest User
I release my seat when I can’t make it. There’s a few around me however who either don’t turn up, lend their ticket to others or when they do turn up, it’s 15 minutes after kick off and they’re usually back in the bar 15 minutes before half time.
Reply: 11 - 26
jimgtfc
March 25, 2024, 9:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Our of interest, for those who have released seats this season, how many of them have been resold?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
paulmblythe
March 25, 2024, 12:17pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from jimgtfc
Our of interest, for those who have released seats this season, how many of them have been resold?

ive done it 3 times since they introduced it (once this season) and its never sold. in a decent area of the pontoon too

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
Mappers
March 25, 2024, 12:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,328
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from jimgtfc

Released mine 6 times , it says 0 released seats so i assume that means it's never gone ?
Mainly been midweek one's though i can't make so guess they are not really in demand are they .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
thornemariner
March 25, 2024, 4:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 22
I offered my FGR ticket out for free on this site. No takers and no friends wanted it. I've normally missed some games each season when going on holiday and when Town have been in a slump (and they frequently have) you can't give a seat or ticket away. Those who turned it down missed two home wins when I was away.

I don't offer it back to the club. They've already charged me more than enough for the seat without making more from it. I'd rather give it away.

Some of the stats about our poor league form in the last decades really are shocking even though I've consistently had a ST in that period.

I think that may be it for me. Town seem to have a high win rate at home on the few occasions I miss a game. When you don't win many home games during a season anyway it makes a ST really poor value for money.

I saw one home and one away win in 2009-10, both in September, having attended eighteen home and fifteen away games.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
DB
March 25, 2024, 4:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from thornemariner
I offered my FGR ticket out for free on this site. No takers and no friends wanted it. I've normally missed some games each season when going on holiday and when Town have been in a slump (and they frequently have) you can't give a seat or ticket away. Those who turned it down missed two home wins when I was away.

I don't offer it back to the club. They've already charged me more than enough for the seat without making more from it. I'd rather give it away.

Some of the stats about our poor league form in the last decades really are shocking even though I've consistently had a ST in that period.

I think that may be it for me. Town seem to have a high win rate at home on the few occasions I miss a game. When you don't win many home games during a season anyway it makes a ST really poor value for money.

I saw one home and one away win in 2009-10, both in September, having attended eighteen home and fifteen away games.

Reading this please, please don't go to the Bradford, Newport and Swindon games as 9 points would be very welcome.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
Mappers
March 25, 2024, 4:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,328
Gold Stars: 118

7 wins at home and 1 win away all season is dire whatever which way you look at it . Double figures would probably keep us up but it's a tragic  season laced with too many draws and defeats however the club dress it up .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
chaos33
March 25, 2024, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360

Given that you’ve said you’ve not been able to give it away, what you’ve said about not giving the ticket back to the club makes no sense.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
HerveJosse
March 25, 2024, 6:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Yoda
That squad is 100% non league we should really be bottom but a really bad fgr and sutton team are keeping our heads above water.

Be fair is 96% not 100% exclude Rose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
LH
March 26, 2024, 7:06am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from jimgtfc

Sorry but if you’re releasing your seat for 1 in 3 home games you probably shouldn’t be buying a season ticket as you are directly contributing to the scarcity of seats.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
1mickylyons
March 26, 2024, 7:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from LH

Sorry but if you’re releasing your seat for 1 in 3 home games you probably shouldn’t be buying a season ticket as you are directly contributing to the scarcity of seats.

Are you for real? Supporters like this are what make our Club they cough up to give the Club a decent war chest despite it not really benefitting themselves.Time and again our fanbase have dug deep despite knowing in reality its pretty much a money down the drain exercise. We deserve to see better on the Blundell Park pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
MuddyWaters
March 26, 2024, 7:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Are you for real? Supporters like this are what make our Club they cough up to give the Club a decent war chest despite it not really benefitting themselves.Time and again our fanbase have dug deep despite knowing in reality its pretty much a money down the drain exercise. We deserve to see better on the Blundell Park pitch.

I don't think Stockwood and Pettit need any more reminding of how bad the product is. I suspect the loss in the next set of accounts will be sufficient evidence.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
rancido
March 26, 2024, 8:31am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
When ST's get released, they are usually single seats scattered around the ground. When casual fans want to attend a match they often want to be in groups so they can sit together. This can be hard to accommodate so a lot of these seats don't sell. The club really can't do anymore to address this.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
jimgtfc
March 26, 2024, 8:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from LH

Politely, you have no insight into my personal life whatsoever, and neither should you. There have been times when I’ve been unable to attend for reasons I would never have imagined when I bought the ticket. I’ve been a season ticket holder and regular away attender for over 30 years. It’s my right to purchase my season ticket, and even if I have to release my seat to the same extent next season, then so be it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
RonMariner
March 26, 2024, 7:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,718
Gold Stars: 226
I’d be surprised if we sell as many season tickets next season so there will probably be more match day tickets available.

It’s only if we have a good run and are in the promotion hunt that capacity might become an issue. It would be a good problem to have.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
1mickylyons
March 27, 2024, 7:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner
I’d be surprised if we sell as many season tickets next season so there will probably be more match day tickets available.

It’s only if we have a good run and are in the promotion hunt that capacity might become an issue. It would be a good problem to have.

Well I'm 99% not renewing due to the kick off times being tampered with but I'm loathe to lose my seat it's a quandary but probably right to chance pay on the day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Reality Check

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.