3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
LH
March 26, 2024, 7:06am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,527
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from jimgtfc

I’ve released my ST on 6 occasions this season due to work and other commitments. I release it a week in advance, it’s next to a non ST seat so an opportunity to have 2 next to each other, and of those 6 times it’s sold just once.

Sorry but if you’re releasing your seat for 1 in 3 home games you probably shouldn’t be buying a season ticket as you are directly contributing to the scarcity of seats.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
1mickylyons
March 26, 2024, 7:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from LH

Sorry but if you’re releasing your seat for 1 in 3 home games you probably shouldn’t be buying a season ticket as you are directly contributing to the scarcity of seats.

Are you for real? Supporters like this are what make our Club they cough up to give the Club a decent war chest despite it not really benefitting themselves.Time and again our fanbase have dug deep despite knowing in reality its pretty much a money down the drain exercise. We deserve to see better on the Blundell Park pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
MuddyWaters
March 26, 2024, 7:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Are you for real? Supporters like this are what make our Club they cough up to give the Club a decent war chest despite it not really benefitting themselves.Time and again our fanbase have dug deep despite knowing in reality its pretty much a money down the drain exercise. We deserve to see better on the Blundell Park pitch.

I don't think Stockwood and Pettit need any more reminding of how bad the product is. I suspect the loss in the next set of accounts will be sufficient evidence.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
rancido
March 26, 2024, 8:31am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
When ST's get released, they are usually single seats scattered around the ground. When casual fans want to attend a match they often want to be in groups so they can sit together. This can be hard to accommodate so a lot of these seats don't sell. The club really can't do anymore to address this.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
jimgtfc
March 26, 2024, 8:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from LH

Politely, you have no insight into my personal life whatsoever, and neither should you. There have been times when I’ve been unable to attend for reasons I would never have imagined when I bought the ticket. I’ve been a season ticket holder and regular away attender for over 30 years. It’s my right to purchase my season ticket, and even if I have to release my seat to the same extent next season, then so be it.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
RonMariner
March 26, 2024, 7:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,717
Gold Stars: 226
I’d be surprised if we sell as many season tickets next season so there will probably be more match day tickets available.

It’s only if we have a good run and are in the promotion hunt that capacity might become an issue. It would be a good problem to have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
1mickylyons
March 27, 2024, 7:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from RonMariner
I’d be surprised if we sell as many season tickets next season so there will probably be more match day tickets available.

It’s only if we have a good run and are in the promotion hunt that capacity might become an issue. It would be a good problem to have.

Well I'm 99% not renewing due to the kick off times being tampered with but I'm loathe to lose my seat it's a quandary but probably right to chance pay on the day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Reality Check

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.